Windows 10: Start Menu search not working after reinstall

Discus and support Start Menu search not working after reinstall in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I performed a reinstall of Windows 10 build 10532. Since then, Start menu search shows no results. Attached a pic, showing DC++ pinned to start, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nimanyu, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Nimanyu Win User

Start Menu search not working after reinstall

I performed a reinstall of Windows 10 build 10532.
    Since then, Start menu search shows no results.
    Attached a pic, showing DC++ pinned to start, but still not showing during search.

Please help
    This is really frustrating

:)

Nimanyu, Sep 16, 2015

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Sep 16, 2015
  3. Start menu, search and mouse over not working after upgrade to Windows 10

Boot from the Windows 10 media

How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

a) At the Install Now screen

b) Click Repair your computer

c) Click Advanced Options

d) Click Troubleshoot

e) Click Startup repair

f) Follow the on screen instructions

Andre Da Costa, Sep 16, 2015
  4. Start Menu search not working after reinstall

I had the same problem after doing a reinstall of Win10 late last night. I thought I'd broken something. But thankfully, about 2pm today, the search function suddenly started working as expected. Perhaps it takes time for the search indexing function to "rebuild", or something.

AllenChicago, Sep 16, 2015
  5. XweAponX Win User
    Try starting Cortana, that might help.

XweAponX, Sep 16, 2015
  6. Whatphoeb Win User
    Run the command: sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt, to run the System File Checker.
    Restart after the scan is over and see if it helped.

Whatphoeb, Sep 16, 2015
  7. Have the above activated and not turned off and it will work

hTconeM9user, Sep 16, 2015
  8. Nimanyu Win User

tried that, it only add the option of searching the web

Nimanyu, Sep 17, 2015
  9. Nimanyu Win User
    nope, it only adds the option of searching the web

Nimanyu, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start Menu search not working after reinstall - Similar Threads - Start Menu search

2. Start menu search not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu search not working?: Hello! I discovered a few days ago that my start menu/task bar search menu no longer works. When I click either, I am unable to type. Additionally, I have noticed that when I open the start menu, I no longer have any 'recommended's on display:Does anyone have a guess as to...
  3. Start menu search not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu search not working?: Hello! I discovered a few days ago that my start menu/task bar search menu no longer works. When I click either, I am unable to type. Additionally, I have noticed that when I open the start menu, I no longer have any 'recommended's on display:Does anyone have a guess as to...
  4. Start Menu Not Working (but Search Works)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Not Working (but Search Works): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/6lackWRLD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m5ko3y/start_menu_not_working_but_search_works/
  5. start menu search not working

in Cortana
    start menu search not working: Hello, The start menu search has stopped working, please help me fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-search-not-working/17d1856e-511b-4649-b2e3-d3d4c1fc1e52
  6. Start Menu Search not working

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search not working: Hello, I have updated latest feature windows version 2004 in June. After this feature update my start menu searching is not worked and it is little bit slow. Could you please help me with this issue ? Regards, Bhavesh...
  7. Start Menu Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Search Not Working: When I search for files using the regular Windows Explorer when in a folder it works fine. When I press the windows key and type something it now shoes completely empty. I have tried a lot of things within Windows to fix this such as rebuilding the index for search but that...
  8. Start Menu Not Working After Reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start Menu Not Working After Reinstall: I'm trying to get my Surface Pro 6 working correctly after a reinstall of Windows 10. Edge browser does not function; it opens for about 3 seconds then shuts down. Start menu button does not function; cannot reach settings at all. I have tried the following steps: restart...
  9. start menu search not working correctly

in Cortana
    start menu search not working correctly: Number (1) was my original post, which I thought had been solved. Number (2) is where I stand right now. (1) Windows search Best Match has become defective. For instance, when I used to type "scree", my screenshots folder would be at the top of the best match results. Now...
  10. Start Menu Search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search not working: When I start my computer, my Start Menu Search sometimes gets stuck in a start up or searching loop. The start menu itself works if I am just using my mouse to click icons. The issue is hitting the Windows button on my keyboard and typing. What is strange is that when...