Windows 10: Start menu search show blank, tried everything i could find on google, still nothing worked

Discus and support Start menu search show blank, tried everything i could find on google, still nothing worked in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; this is my problem with start menu search https://www.imageupload.net/image/start-menu.CpFOS what i have tried and didn't work : - trouble shoot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nechuna, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Start menu search show blank, tried everything i could find on google, still nothing worked

this is my problem with start menu search

https://www.imageupload.net/image/start-menu.CpFOS

what i have tried and didn't work :

- trouble shoot

- rebuild index

- restart explorer in task manager

- end task cortana and restart pc

- enter this in powershell

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

still none of the method above worked, it's so hard to use the computer now without start menu search can anyone help me

submitted by /u/Nechuna
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nechuna, Feb 5, 2020

2. Sysprep Windows 10 Start Menu search is blank

Hello everyone,

I was following the Tenforums.com Windows 10 Image - Customize in Audit Mode with Sysprep guide, which I found to be an amazing guide.

My goal is to have a Windows 10 Pro x64 sysprep image from the Hyper-V VM, exactly as in the guide.

Anyways I had everything going smooth - I was about to Generalize the image and realized the Start Menu stopped returning results, instead just showing a blank search.

After some frustration and reluctance I went back to the checkpoint at the very beginning (as indicated in the guide). The Start Menu still showed up blank.

Reinstalled the VM in Hyper-V using different names and different VHD files but all resulted in the same error.

Created the VM in VMware Workstation 12 and and started the Sysprep process with Windows 10 in VMware. The Start Menu is still blank.

Uninstalled Hyper-V and reinstalled Hyper-V but that didn't help.

I've done the basic troubleshooting steps too:

• Reboot system (Host and Guest systems multiple times)
    • Verified service Windows Search is running (I restarted the service as well)
    • Rebuilt Index
    • Restarted Cortana and Windows Explorer
    • Re-registered Cortana

I've tried Googling my heart out to no avail. Couldn't even find an image with a similar problem. I've attached a snippet of the issue below.

Note: This is only in Audit Mode. When I let the Windows install complete, the Start Menu works again. I'll try completing the imaging process and load the Sysprep image and see if the Start Menu functionality comes back unless someone has a better idea or similar experience?

Start menu search show blank, tried everything i could find on google, still nothing worked [​IMG]

SeattleITguy, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu Search Blank

I am having issues with my windows 10 search function in the start menu only. I have browsed online and tried the following things...

• PowerShell command
    • running DISM.exe
    • restarting Windows Explorer
    • restarting Windows Search Service
    • Checking that Search Service starts automatically
    • restarting the computer
    • Ending Cortana task to force it to restart
    • Rebuilding Index database
    • Moving Index database to a different folder (tried same drive and different drive)
    Windows search still works fine in Windows Explorer, I can still search all the files on my PC from there, however it doesn't work only on the start menu. As soon as I try to search for anything it just shows a blank box where the results used to show. Doesn't
    show an error or a can't find message, just blank space. It is extremely frustrating, as I was typing this I went to search for stuff and was reminded very quickly that it wasn't working........ So Microsoft, don't tell me to search something to fix this,
    I can't!

I am running Windows 10 Pro v1803 Build 17134.48

Don't know if this helps anything but I have an M.2 SSD (OS) paired with a mechanical HDD (Data)

Boombaasta, Feb 5, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

Start menu search show blank, tried everything i could find on google, still nothing worked

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Start menu search show blank, tried everything i could find on google, still nothing worked

1. Start menu search show blank, tried everything i could find on google, still nothing worked - Similar Threads - Start menu search

2. Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.: Hi,So I recently decided to reset all the settings on my pc using the 'Reset This PC' option in the settings. Now every time I try and search something if it starts with the letters of apps that were previously installed on my system before resetting it they will still show...
  3. Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.: Hi,So I recently decided to reset all the settings on my pc using the 'Reset This PC' option in the settings. Now every time I try and search something if it starts with the letters of apps that were previously installed on my system before resetting it they will still show...
  4. Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Settings AND search not working - tried all I could find

Settings AND search not working - tried all I could find: Hi! So after doing a hard reset of my Windows 10, I encountered 2 problems.1. Search option and searching in 'Start' menu not working.2. 'Settings' not working windows pops up and disappears after a few secs.Searching on the internet, I did:- Went to Control Panel ->...
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu responds to nothing - tried everything on this community

Windows 10 Start Menu responds to nothing - tried everything on this community: First, this is a business affecting multiple machine brands, types, all SSD, 16gb ram, 10 Pro with latest updates, on domain. Click of Start button does absolutely nothing. No blue screens, no errors. Tried.... Rebuilding Index sfc /scannow = no problems DISM variants...
  7. I’ve tried everything I could find on google. Please help me

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’ve tried everything I could find on google. Please help me: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ProfTek [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g59a1l/ive_tried_everything_i_could_find_on_google/
  8. I've tried everything I could find online, but my apps are still blurry.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've tried everything I could find online, but my apps are still blurry.: [IMG] submitted by /u/Cyan_Dino [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fv48bp/ive_tried_everything_i_could_find_online_but_my/
  9. Start Bar Search Not Finding Everything

Start Bar Search Not Finding Everything: So, recently finally updated to Windows 10. Yeah, I know, I'm late. I have this folder \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\KenStuff in which I have a bunch of shortcuts. and some RDP connection files. In Windows 7 when I searched the start bar and typed,...
  10. 0x803FA067 error, did everything I could find to fix and nothing worked.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    0x803FA067 error, did everything I could find to fix and nothing worked.: Today I bought a new pc and with it I bought a windows 10 pro key on ebay from a trusted seller with many good reviews, just to clear out the possibility that he scammed me. I went to the activation tab in settings, inserted the key and the 0x803FA067 error showed up. tried...