Windows 10: start menu searchbar spazes out and doesnt work

Discus and support start menu searchbar spazes out and doesnt work in Cortana to solve the problem; last night my system kept waking up after i put it to sleep it did it twice thwn i shut it down. after i relaunched my pc a few hours later a lot of... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by 410natan, Aug 12, 2020.

1. 410natan Win User

start menu searchbar spazes out and doesnt work

last night my system kept waking up after i put it to sleep it did it twice thwn i shut it down. after i relaunched my pc a few hours later a lot of issues started to happen, first off my itunes and razer software corrupted because of some side by side issue, then my search bar stopped working.

the problem is whenver i click it the search bar popup above it is blank then after 3 seconds it dissapears. i tried all the solutions i found with commands in powershell, run, and cmd. and nothing worked.

:)

410natan, Aug 12, 2020

2. edge,cortana,searchbar and start menue stopped

edge,cortana,searchbar and start menue seem to have stopped working after i have opened edge then opened some thing else and tryed to go back to any of the menues like the start menue. the only way to use these again is to restart my lap top.

RobertPhillipsyz, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Start menu no longer works

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that the Start menu is not working.

Initially, I suggest you to run Windows Update troubleshooter to fix the problem.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Control panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter,
      and then click Troubleshooting.
    Under System and Security, click Fix problems with Windows Updates.

Please refer to the suggestions given by Sharath Srinivasa replied on January 23, 2015 in the link given below.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_search/start-menu-doesnt-appear/a7c56613-277c-4993-bb74-08650dce7b21.

I Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any help with Windows.

SuvarnaG1709, Aug 12, 2020
  4. start menu searchbar spazes out and doesnt work

Start menu doesnt work

Hi,

I can understand that must make you feel upset and we will work toward fixing this situation for you.

To better assist you, do let us know if the issue started recently. Also, let us know the different troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to try the steps suggested in the help article below if you have not tried and then check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Also, make sure you have installed all pending Windows updates.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

start menu searchbar spazes out and doesnt work

1. start menu searchbar spazes out and doesnt work - Similar Threads - start menu searchbar

2. start menu and searchbar is frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu and searchbar is frozen: I'm having issue when I use that start button it won't work, same thing with the search bar. If you try open the photo app it wl close right away.I fixed it by creating a new profile but it will go back eventually. What to do?...
  3. start menu and searchbar is frozen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu and searchbar is frozen: I'm having issue when I use that start button it won't work, same thing with the search bar. If you try open the photo app it wl close right away.I fixed it by creating a new profile but it will go back eventually. What to do?...
  4. start menu and searchbar is frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Start Menu and Searchbar are suddenly frozen with no way to get them back to work.

Start Menu and Searchbar are suddenly frozen with no way to get them back to work.: HiI am currently facing an issue on some of my clients' PCs where the Start Menu won't open when clicking it, same goes for the Searchbar both in Start Menu and File Explorer App. On some clients the Photos App stops working as well, if you try to open an image file the app...
  6. Windows 11 MS Store searchbar doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 MS Store searchbar doesnt work.: When i type something in the searchbar nothing appears and cant search. Any fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-ms-store-searchbar-doesnt-work/ad18cad3-a8f0-44f6-8bb3-b17e3512ed8b
  7. Windows 11 MS Store searchbar doesnt work.

Windows 11 MS Store searchbar doesnt work.: When i type something in the searchbar nothing appears and cant search. Any fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-ms-store-searchbar-doesnt-work/ad18cad3-a8f0-44f6-8bb3-b17e3512ed8b
  8. Windows 10 settings, searchbar, start menu, taskbar, windows key not working

Windows 10 settings, searchbar, start menu, taskbar, windows key not working: Hi community,I just started using my home desktop after about 2 days out of town, and I'm encountering some serious issues getting any sort of basic functionality on the system. Similar to...
  9. Start menu doesnt work (win10 pro 1903)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu doesnt work (win10 pro 1903): Okay, so In my host, start menu and some UWP apps stopped working. And some key shortcuts with the win stopped *execpt win+r and win+space* But In my VM it works. 155536
  10. Start menu doesnt work anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu doesnt work anymore: Hello. I am using windows 10 since a few weeks now and already encountered a startmenu bug earlier on. This was because of the Teamspeak Overlay which caused the startmenu to be completely unuseable. Ive removed this plugin and ever since everything worked perfectly, until...