Windows 10: start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working

Discus and support start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i have a surface pro 2017 i5 128GB very low responding and windows keep updating very often, so i decided to do a reset delete all files, i didn't do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by monolithoz, Sep 30, 2018.

1. start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working

i have a surface pro 2017 i5 128GB

very low responding and windows keep updating very often,

so i decided to do a reset delete all files, i didn't do the backup since i think that setting etc was not best

after reset, i found the start menu, setting menu, search, not working, microsoft edge also not working , i think its a simple issue..but i was wrong !

contacted and assisted more than 6 times via support agent

i have done the Media Creation Tool + inplace upgrade, still can't access the start menu

also done diagnostic, all software and hardware are fine

done sfc /scannow, did not find any integrity violations

btw i did the reset twice, same result

i think i might need to download a recovery image to my usb drive and start recover the surface

hope that will be an easy way out, but can't find any in the internet

one of the support agent said that there will be driver issue

frustrated and confusing now, please help

(fyi the surface out of warranty now)

niel

Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro (newest) / Install, update, and repair

:)

monolithoz, Sep 30, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Start Menu not in position properly

Any difference when you set it to classic start menu?

DanTheBanjoman, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Jay Jap Win User

start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working

Edge disappeared and start menu not working on Windows 10

Hello Richard,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can isolate the issue regarding Microsoft Edge and Start menu:

• Have you tried to searching in Cortana search to check if Edge can be located?
    • Besides powershell, what other troubleshooting steps have you performed?

In the meantime, you can download and run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter to isolate the issue on Edge.

We also suggest that you download and run the
    Start Menu troubleshooter to fix common Start menu issues.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working

1. start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working - Similar Threads - start menu setting

2. Start menu won't open, ms-settings doesn't work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu won't open, ms-settings doesn't work.: I did a reinstall of Windows today, and everything was working completely fine, then after a restart, my Start menu stopped working, as well as right-clicking on my desktop and clicking Personalize/Display settings, these options also did not work. I also can not right-click...
  3. New Ms edge and Old Ms edge lies in same in start menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Ms edge and Old Ms edge lies in same in start menu.: Hello, Iam a windows user after installing microsoft edge on my PC. the old ms edge cant hidden. You can see in the screenshot. I want to remove the old ms edge. Plz help[ATTACH]...
  4. setting & start menu not working

setting & start menu not working: In my pc has a problem right now but I can't do anything at this moment. please help me. The problem is setting & start menu not working, it automatically off....
  5. Start Menu and ms-settings don't work

Start Menu and ms-settings don't work: Greetings, When I woke up and turned on my PC everything was normal but, when I signed in everything was black I can move my cursor around and open task manager but nothing else. After a few minutes, the desktop loaded and now I cannot open the start menu and any of the...
  6. Start menu not working, settings crashes, microsoft edge crashes

Start menu not working, settings crashes, microsoft edge crashes: Pretty sure all are working yesterday, haven't done much besides watching youtube. Windows 10. Today, when I click on start menu, my mouse quickly shows a loading icon and nothing happens. I've been playing around in hopes it will help any technician diagnose this problem,...
  7. Start menu and Edge no longer work

Start menu and Edge no longer work: I initially installed KB4517389 without a problem. However, I coincidentally experienced problem with a Personal Cloud that I suspected could be due to the update and I uninstalled the update. The server problem turned out to be drive failure, and I reinstalled the update but...
  8. Start menu, cortana and edge not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, cortana and edge not working: So i have an msi laptop which has been amazing, i stopped using it for a while, decided id start it back up. I did a system refresh, removing everything so i could start fresh, set it all up and my start button doesn't work, so i reset and still nothing... i have watched so...
  9. TYPING PROBLEM IN MS EDGE, SETTINGS, AND START MENU !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TYPING PROBLEM IN MS EDGE, SETTINGS, AND START MENU !: Hello Microsoft, Three days ago, I've formatted my LENOVO laptop with Windows 10 _ 1809 Edition. after a few hours of setting it up, I noticed that my keyboard doesn't work at all in Cortana, Start Menu, Microsoft Edge. In addition of that, the language button is...
  10. Start Menu / Settings / Edge / Cortana - None are working...!

Start Menu / Settings / Edge / Cortana - None are working...!: Hi - I'm having trouble with windows on my Surface Pro. I'm using Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.165). On my toolbar the following items are unresponsive to left clicks: Start Menu Cortana Any items in the far right corner (calendar, wifi, battery, etc)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro start menu not working

2. setting menu in edge not working

3. start menu settings and edge not working

4. where is my window edge and the start menu not working,
  5. start menu ms-settings timed out,
  6. start menu ms-settings not working,
  7. ms-setting not working,
  8. surface pro 5th gen i5 start button not working