Windows 10: Start menu, settings button and some 'searches' not opening when clicked

Discus and support Start menu, settings button and some 'searches' not opening when clicked in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am having a problem with my surface 3 laptop I press the start button and type 'updates' , and best match is 'Check for Updates'. I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Luis Perdigao, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Start menu, settings button and some 'searches' not opening when clicked

Hi,

I am having a problem with my surface 3 laptop

I press the start button and type 'updates' , and best match is 'Check for Updates'. I try to click it and nothing happens.

If I type, for example ' edge', best match, 'Microsoft Edge Browser' and I click on it, the browser opens.

If I press the start button and I click on the cog-botton on the left side (settings), nothing happens. If i click on the notifications button (bottom-right) and click 'All settings', it works.

This only started recently.

I tried to do sfc /scannow with no success

I also tried other tricks such as rebuilding search index, also with no success.

I don't know what is wrong

:)

Luis Perdigao, Apr 6, 2019
  2. dehermens Win User

Left Click does nothing on start button

I was having the same problem. Of the five steps you list I tried the third. By going to Full Screen ON and then back to OFF, The menu came up fine when I left clicked. Thanks!

dehermens, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Start menu, settings button and some 'searches' not opening when clicked

Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Start menu, settings button and some 'searches' not opening when clicked

1. Start menu, settings button and some 'searches' not opening when clicked - Similar Threads - Start menu settings

2. Why my Start menu and search menu are stacked when I clicked the Windows button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my Start menu and search menu are stacked when I clicked the Windows button?: I can't see my downloaded apps on the start menu because the search menu covered it. I tried to restart it, but it wasn't fixed. Please help me if you know the solution. I don't know why I can't send the screenshot here; it always gets an error....
  3. Why my Start menu and search menu are stacked when I clicked the Windows button?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my Start menu and search menu are stacked when I clicked the Windows button?: I can't see my downloaded apps on the start menu because the search menu covered it. I tried to restart it, but it wasn't fixed. Please help me if you know the solution. I don't know why I can't send the screenshot here; it always gets an error....
  4. Why my Start menu and search menu are stacked when I clicked the Windows button?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Search menu opens and covers everything when I click on Start menu.

in Cortana
    Search menu opens and covers everything when I click on Start menu.: Since last version of Windows 10 2004 the search menu pops up each time I click on start. I can not see any icon, application, shutting down the computer, etc. Everything is hidden behind the search menu. I have uninstalled GPU drivers, it's the same with another graphic...
  6. When I click on start button it also opens search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I click on start button it also opens search: Hey, just updated to windows 2004 and whenever I try to click on start button or use the start key on my keyboard it also opens the new search windows on top of the start and I can't use start since that happens. Any fixes are appreciated :) submitted by /u/lokwaniyash...
  7. Start menu, settings, search and notifications are not opening

Start menu, settings, search and notifications are not opening: Since a few days I cannot open any standard microsoft apps. While typing this I also noticed that pressing anything like sound, internet icon, language or battery on the taskbar doesn't work either. Sadly there doesn't seem to be a new update for Windows 10, and installing...
  8. Some items will not open when right-clicking start menu

Some items will not open when right-clicking start menu: The following will no longer open from right-clicking on the Start Menu button: Task Manager Event Viewer Device manager Disk Manager Computer Manager Command Prompt Command Prompt Admin File Explorer All others will open. Also some desktop icon will only open by...
  9. start button right click menu

start button right click menu: when I right click on the start button, nothing happens, no menu. Also, when I start windows, I get this error: This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows". The two things happened about the same time, not sure if...
  10. Mouse scroll button opens Windows Start menu when clicked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse scroll button opens Windows Start menu when clicked: I understand that this is some sort of a hotkey which opens up the start menu but I would like to disable it. I've tried to go into control panel, mouse settings, wheel, etc, and after poking around everywhere in the settings I wasn't able to find the settings that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. calendar wont opening windows 10 taskbar