Windows 10: Start menu settings links don't work after 1809 update - any fixes?

Discus and support Start menu settings links don't work after 1809 update - any fixes? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Running x64 1809 - problems started with "update" from 1803 The links to the settings components just don't work from start menu. Red crosses... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RoderickLaird, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Start menu settings links don't work after 1809 update - any fixes?

Running x64 1809 - problems started with "update" from 1803

The links to the settings components just don't work from start menu. Red crosses indicate areas where something should - but nothing does - happen.

Have done system file check. Also had problem with the apps (like calc) needing a reinstall.

:)

RoderickLaird, Dec 17, 2018
  2. armym3 Win User

WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Start menu and taskbar not working.

Hi Deva,

Thank you for updating.

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope the Start menu works after performing the steps suggested. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

Start menu settings links don't work after 1809 update - any fixes?

fix start menu

Thank you for the images. We suggest creating a new local administrator account to
    see if the Start menu will work fine using that account. Please follow the steps found in the link that we've sent previously. Here is the link again:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana.

We're here for your updates.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Start menu settings links don't work after 1809 update - any fixes?

1. Start menu settings links don't work after 1809 update - any fixes? - Similar Threads - Start menu settings

2. Windows Start Menu and settings not working after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Start Menu and settings not working after update: So yesterday after a BSOD error my pc restarted and it aumatically updated, the problem is my settings and start up menu seem to have been deleted. How can I fix this issue without having to delete everything from my computer? I'd like to keep files and installed applications...
  3. Windows Start Menu and settings not working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start Menu and settings not working after update: So yesterday after a BSOD error my pc restarted and it aumatically updated, the problem is my settings and start up menu seem to have been deleted. How can I fix this issue without having to delete everything from my computer? I'd like to keep files and installed applications...
  4. Windows Start Menu and settings not working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. setting & start menu not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting & start menu not working: In my pc has a problem right now but I can't do anything at this moment. please help me. The problem is setting & start menu not working, it automatically off....
  6. Start Menu and ms-settings don't work

Start Menu and ms-settings don't work: Greetings, When I woke up and turned on my PC everything was normal but, when I signed in everything was black I can move my cursor around and open task manager but nothing else. After a few minutes, the desktop loaded and now I cannot open the start menu and any of the...
  7. Windows 10 1809 Start Menu will not work!

Windows 10 1809 Start Menu will not work!: I use a ton of programs like Steam, VirtualBox and a few others. My ASUS is running Windows 10, version 1809 - I have problems all the time. This problem is where my start menu files are corrupted. I also cannot access the internet because Microsoft Edge won't work, and it's...
  8. After a Windows Update, my action center and start menu don't work

After a Windows Update, my action center and start menu don't work: Hello, I've been running a Windows 10 laptop for about seven months now and haven't had any issue with it until it decided to automatically update this week. And ever since then, I've been having an issue with my laptop's taskbar. If I click on either the start menu or action...
  9. Start menu's search randomly stops working after update to 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu's search randomly stops working after update to 1809: Hi, We rolled out 1809 in our company couple of days ago. After update I noticed annoying problem with start menu. When I hit win-key and start to type a program's name (outl..., mstsc etc) the start menu grays out and goes unresponsive. It comes back to life if I hit...
  10. In Right click Admin Start menu, some links don't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    In Right click Admin Start menu, some links don't work: Hi, Win 10 Pro x64 1709 16299.19 Not sure whether this is the place to report this.. Many of the links in the Admin right click Start Menu do not work. This was not always the case but a while back (before 1709) it just stopped. Ones that don't work are.....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows settings dont work start menu