Windows 10: Start menu, settings, store and all apps not working Windows 10 20h2

Discus and support Start menu, settings, store and all apps not working Windows 10 20h2 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good morning Some days ago, I had problems with Windows Update, but I could not do an in-place upgrade because of the 20h2 bug, so I decided to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wwhite00, Jan 2, 2021.

1. wwhite00 Win User

Start menu, settings, store and all apps not working Windows 10 20h2

Good morning

Some days ago, I had problems with Windows Update, but I could not do an in-place upgrade because of the 20h2 bug, so I decided to use the program here: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

The process ended successfully, and I have been able to keep my files and upgrade.

When everything ended up successfully, I tried to open Microsoft Store, but it crashed every time.
    So I tried the troubleshooting inside the Settings, that found the problem but didn't solve it.
    When I have used the powershell command Code:
    it showed many errors.

When I restarted:
    • Start does not open
    • Microsoft Store and all the apps (built-in included), when opened, show the popup error "explorer.exe class not registered"
    • I cannot use win+x or win+i
    • Settings do not open up
    • Only .exe apps work well (no errors)

So I have tried to:
    1. sfc and dism (also from safe boot) --> No errors and repair successful
    2. Do the powershell command again
    3. Create new users
    4. In place upgrade two times

But no one of these methods worked.

Currently I am using build 19042.685.

I don't have antivirus or optimisation programs installed.

Is there a way to solve this problem without having to format all the partitions?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    W.

:)

wwhite00, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

Start menu, settings, store and all apps not working Windows 10 20h2

1. Start menu, settings, store and all apps not working Windows 10 20h2 - Similar Threads - Start menu settings

2. taskbar, start menu and settings app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar, start menu and settings app not working: also everytime i start my pc a black screen shows up it takes around 5 minutes to start.ive tried every fix to these issues known to man and none of them worked, i dont know the root of the issue and this problem has plagued me for about a month if not longer...
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft Apps not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft Apps not working: I got the problem yesterday. Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft App not working when clicked.Also Email ,Microsoft Edge and all Microsoft apps disappear from task bar.I'm trying all method such as Restart Windows Explorer ,sfc scan ,cleanboot ,reset start...
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft Apps not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft Apps not working: I got the problem yesterday. Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft App not working when clicked.Also Email ,Microsoft Edge and all Microsoft apps disappear from task bar.I'm trying all method such as Restart Windows Explorer ,sfc scan ,cleanboot ,reset start...
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft Apps not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu 20H2: Hi, I am having a problem with the full-screen start menu, when I have it on the full screen it has an ugly grey or a blinding white color as the background. Does anybody know how to fix this?[ATTACH]...
  7. Start Menu no longer working 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu no longer working 20H2: I updated my windows 10 Pro to version 20H2 this morning and now my start menu is no longer working. I have tried other accounts on the PC and they appear to be working fine, so it's just affecting my main account. Anyone experienced this or have a fix? Many thanks 169078
  8. start menu, and all apps arent working on windows 10

start menu, and all apps arent working on windows 10: i have no acess to my start menu, or apps such as settings. i can run chrome, files but cannot open any pictures or anything. ive been stuck like this for the past 8 months now. any fixes would be appreciated. ive spent 200 hours running tests and scans and nothing works. i...
  9. Settings app and start menu not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app and start menu not working: I've had this problem since an update released near the 8th of October, even after the latest updates the start menu still results in a critical error, I would try to factory reset my pc and just see if it fixes it but I have no idea how to as I can't open settings. I've also...
  10. Removing Store Apps From All Apps On Start Menu

Removing Store Apps From All Apps On Start Menu: I want to organize the All Apps list on the Start Menu, but I need to get rid of the apps that clutter it up. I would prefer to do it without replacing the start menu with something like Classic Shell and I don't want to delete all the apps, so I've been attempting to find a...