Windows 10: start menu settings

Discus and support start menu settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; is it possible to change the start menu settings for the number of items in the jump menus? when i go into the taskbar and navigation menu through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ydaltak, Mar 17, 2016.

1. ydaltak Win User

start menu settings

is it possible to change the start menu settings for the number of items in the jump menus? when i go into the taskbar and navigation menu through the control panel, i don't get a tab to switch to the start menu's settings.

:)

ydaltak, Mar 17, 2016

2. No Settings or Start menu

Thank you for your help with getting the settings app to open on the new download of windows 10

1&JamesGlenn, Mar 17, 2016
  3. midoryan Win User
    No Settings or Start menu

Hello,

After today's upgrade from W8.1 to W10 I've encountered several problems - first, after the login Desktop wouldn't load, which resolved itself after a cold boot (and I'm listing it solely in case it was relevant).

The other problems are that there is no Start menu - nothing happens after click on the icon / pressing the Win key. I tried to solve this by going to Setting through Personalize, but after clicking on it, nothing happens and the Desktop stops responding
    to right clicks.

I tried to solve this by running a script in PowerShell, but this gave me a runtime error upon every try to launch the shell as Administator.

While I was trying to solve this, Explorer crashed and restarted several times, seamingly on random occasions.

Also, I tried the way from this thread, Settings doesn’t launch, or launches the Store instead but it didn't find any problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

midoryan, Mar 17, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

start menu settings

That is because you need to use Classic Shell.

bro67, Mar 17, 2016
Thema:

start menu settings

1. start menu settings - Similar Threads - start menu settings

2. I cannot open start menu and all the setting menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot open start menu and all the setting menu: It seems that all the setting menu crashed after I reset my computer. I clicked the button on the task bar, for instance, Cortana and start, and did not received any response. Nothing was displayed on the screen....
  3. start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working: i have a surface pro 2017 i5 128GB very low responding and windows keep updating very often, so i decided to do a reset delete all files, i didn't do the backup since i think that setting etc was not best after reset, i found the start menu, setting menu, search, not...
  4. Start Menu and Settings problems.

Start Menu and Settings problems.: After applying the most recent forced update my start menu no longer works. Clicking on the button or attempting to type into the search bar does not function and there is a significant decrease in performance. What I've tried so far to fix it: 1. Restarting the...
  5. Settings and Start Menu won't open!

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings and Start Menu won't open!: A couple days ago my computer started acting funky and the next day my settings would crash every time I would open it I have tried running the troubleshooters and all the commands in PowerShell and cmd but nothing seems to work. Also, my start menu won't open even if I do...
  6. Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu

Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu: Why are some tiles gray and others blue? Can I set DVD player and weather gray too? [img] 25482
  7. View of Settings content in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    View of Settings content in Start Menu: [img] My settings are now in text format. I don't see an obvious way back to the icon view. The text view retains the original positions so it is not in alphabetical order- I don't think I made a change to have text only- but I cannot find a way back. Is there a place...
  8. Start menu jumplist settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu jumplist settings: In W7, if you hover over an app on the start menu, recent documents are displayed automatically. In W10 it seems you have to click on the jumplist arrow. Is there any way to change this in W10? 18775
  9. Disappearing Settings Menu from Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearing Settings Menu from Start: This morning, I noticed that the "File Explorer" and "Settings" menu items have disappeared from the Start menu. I manually typed in "Settings" and pinned it to the Start menu, but it showed up as a tile, which was not my intent. I removed the tile, and both "Settings" and...
  10. Disappearance of Start Menu Settings & Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearance of Start Menu Settings & Properties: CASE 1 [img] I noticed most articles contained Start Menu tab. Mine is not available here. CASE 2 [img] I only have 2 settings in Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc). Where can I get the remaining settings? Kindly please assist my problem? Thanks and...