Windows 10: start menu settings

Discus and support start menu settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; is it possible to change the start menu settings for the number of items in the jump menus? when i go into the taskbar and navigation menu through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ydaltak, Mar 17, 2016.

1. ydaltak Win User

start menu settings

is it possible to change the start menu settings for the number of items in the jump menus? when i go into the taskbar and navigation menu through the control panel, i don't get a tab to switch to the start menu's settings.

:)

ydaltak, Mar 17, 2016

2. No Settings or Start menu

Thank you for your help with getting the settings app to open on the new download of windows 10

1&JamesGlenn, Mar 17, 2016
  3. midoryan Win User
    No Settings or Start menu

Hello,

After today's upgrade from W8.1 to W10 I've encountered several problems - first, after the login Desktop wouldn't load, which resolved itself after a cold boot (and I'm listing it solely in case it was relevant).

The other problems are that there is no Start menu - nothing happens after click on the icon / pressing the Win key. I tried to solve this by going to Setting through Personalize, but after clicking on it, nothing happens and the Desktop stops responding
    to right clicks.

I tried to solve this by running a script in PowerShell, but this gave me a runtime error upon every try to launch the shell as Administator.

While I was trying to solve this, Explorer crashed and restarted several times, seamingly on random occasions.

Also, I tried the way from this thread, Settings doesn’t launch, or launches the Store instead but it didn't find any problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

midoryan, Mar 17, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

start menu settings

That is because you need to use Classic Shell.

bro67, Mar 17, 2016
Thema:

start menu settings

1. start menu settings - Similar Threads - start menu settings

2. Start menu and settings are not responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and settings are not responding.: I upgraded with windows 11 22H2, but there was some problem with the drivers so I installed them manually but now my star and some other taskbar icons are not working, also not able to go into settings, there are also no notifications. Start process from task manager is gone...
  3. Start menu and settings are not responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and settings are not responding.: I upgraded with windows 11 22H2, but there was some problem with the drivers so I installed them manually but now my star and some other taskbar icons are not working, also not able to go into settings, there are also no notifications. Start process from task manager is gone...
  4. Start Menu List - Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu List - Settings: It's already listed on the Start Menu just below my User Icon (red arrow), so does anyone know how to remove the Settings icon from the Start Menu list (red circle)? [img] 173783
  5. setting & start menu not working

setting & start menu not working: In my pc has a problem right now but I can't do anything at this moment. please help me. The problem is setting & start menu not working, it automatically off....
  6. Start Menu and Settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu and Settings: My laptop has had this problem for about a week but i got by without it being a pain until today. When I click on the Start button or search icon on my taskbar nothing happens. I also tried following an online tutorial made by BT which says to go into task manager and run a...
  7. Start Menu registry settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu registry settings: I'm trying to deploy a custom Start Menuvia LGPO PC's and plan on having a full screen start menu with pinned tiles. But somewhere in the org's image/deployment of W10 which includes a customised Start Menu it will create a maximum tile size of 2x2. Even going into the XML...
  8. Start menu and settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu and settings: Hi , i recently upgraded my windows 10 version from 1903 to 1909 with update assistant. I got to the point where the update asks you whether to upgrade now or later and choose later. i later on restarted to upgrade (which was incredibly faster than normal updates) but then...
  9. Start Menu and Settings problems.

Start Menu and Settings problems.: After applying the most recent forced update my start menu no longer works. Clicking on the button or attempting to type into the search bar does not function and there is a significant decrease in performance. What I've tried so far to fix it: 1. Restarting the...
  10. Start menu jumplist settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu jumplist settings: In W7, if you hover over an app on the start menu, recent documents are displayed automatically. In W10 it seems you have to click on the jumplist arrow. Is there any way to change this in W10? 18775