Windows 10: Start menu shortcuts remain after uninstall programs

Discus and support Start menu shortcuts remain after uninstall programs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two shortcuts on my start menu that will not delete/go away after I uninstalled the programs. I have tried all I can think of short of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JonLippincott, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Start menu shortcuts remain after uninstall programs

I have two shortcuts on my start menu that will not delete/go away after I uninstalled the programs. I have tried all I can think of short of a registry hack. Anyone have a suggestion?

:)

JonLippincott, Mar 8, 2021
  2. elbmek Win User

Deleted Items Remaining in Start Menu

strangely enough Dalchina, Glary is one of the extinct folders

In Brinks post suggestion, the Glary folder does not appear on the list. Still working ............

this image shows the Glary empty folder still in situ after using CCleaner

- - - Updated - - -

first option did it, thanks a billion

elbmek, Mar 8, 2021
  3. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

At first, you can create a shortcut in your Programs folder
    (in a hidden folder C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs). The shortcut appears in
    All apps list. Then you can pin it to Start menu / Taskbar as Mayank Gupta10 suggested.

The common way is to create a shortcut on the Desktop.
    But the more elegant way is creating Custom toolbars.

Sergiy Shklyar, Mar 8, 2021
  4. MDD0799 Win User

Start menu shortcuts remain after uninstall programs

How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Sergiy Shklyar - You are a genius. This is the solution for pinning a non-executable to the Start Menu. Many thanks.

MDD0799, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Start menu shortcuts remain after uninstall programs

1. Start menu shortcuts remain after uninstall programs - Similar Threads - Start menu shortcuts

2. Delete uninstalled program in start menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete uninstalled program in start menu.: I have uninstalled MySQL, but it is still showing folder in my start menu. There are items in the folder without icons. And when i click on it nothing happens. I have deleted all mysql folders in ProgramFiles, Programdata, Programfilex86 as well as in the start menus/programs...
  3. Delete uninstalled program in start menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete uninstalled program in start menu.: I have uninstalled MySQL, but it is still showing folder in my start menu. There are items in the folder without icons. And when i click on it nothing happens. I have deleted all mysql folders in ProgramFiles, Programdata, Programfilex86 as well as in the start menus/programs...
  4. Delete uninstalled program in start menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Uninstalled Shortcuts Stays in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled Shortcuts Stays in Start Menu: So recently I was trying to uninstall and reinstall some applications but then I faced this weird issue. The apps that I uninstalled stays in the start menuInitially I thought it might be because of the app itself but I faced the same situation in another application tooI...
  6. Uninstalled Shortcuts Stays in Start Menu

Uninstalled Shortcuts Stays in Start Menu: So recently I was trying to uninstall and reinstall some applications but then I faced this weird issue. The apps that I uninstalled stays in the start menuInitially I thought it might be because of the app itself but I faced the same situation in another application tooI...
  7. Uninstalled Shortcuts Stays in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list

Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list: I uninstalled Epson printer software, but the name remains in the list. Now when I try to uninstall again a dialog box pops up, "Windows cannot find....." I tried Revo uninstaller, but no change. I know it would probably be OK to leave it, but would like to get it out of my...
  9. Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list: I uninstalled Epson printer software, but the name remains in the list. Now when I try to uninstall again a dialog box pops up, "Windows cannot find....." I tried Revo uninstaller, but no change. I know it would probably be OK to leave it, but would like to get it out of my...
  10. Broken shortcut on Start Menu program list

Broken shortcut on Start Menu program list: I found a broken shortcut on my account's Start Menu program list, located all the way on the bottom. [img] Right-clicking and uninstalling doesn't do anything. I tried some of the solutions found online and most of them don't work. Is there any way for me to fix this...