Windows 10: Start Menu showing indexing off, Avast not disappearing and Chrome icon messed up

Discus and support Start Menu showing indexing off, Avast not disappearing and Chrome icon messed up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/brandokid25 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wmxbff/start_menu_showing_indexing_off_avast_not/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/brandokid25, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Start Menu showing indexing off, Avast not disappearing and Chrome icon messed up

/u/brandokid25, Aug 12, 2022
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Aug 12, 2022
  3. nt62 Win User
    Start Menu Icons

Hello @tony K.

The solutions were "add to desktop" icons for Chrome as requested.
    The original website desktop icon will launch Chrome even if Edge or other browser is default.

The other solution was drag icons to start menu.
    Original website icons as requested are listed in the start menu under "Chrome Apps"

Start Menu showing indexing off, Avast not disappearing and Chrome icon messed up [​IMG]

The requested website icons can also be pinned to the taskbar
    and will run the Chrome​ browser even if Edge or other is the default

Start Menu showing indexing off, Avast not disappearing and Chrome icon messed up [​IMG]

Tiles are a different matter.
    Edge does not have any start tabs that can be customized.
    Edge does not have themes that I am aware of.
    Edge does not have any options to add customized wallpapers or animated wallpapers.
    If you run BING - Bing supplies only Bing wallpapers.
    Edge only runs on Windows 10.
    Other contributors will suggest a better way than a desktop icon.

suggested start tab page to OP using different browsers
    did my best - nothing more to add
    I find seeking address bar and browser tabs website icons to be ... forget it.
    A task for a young corporate programmer.
    edgeTILE is an excellent free store app that has options to customize tiles for web urls.

farewell

4. Start Menu showing indexing off, Avast not disappearing and Chrome icon messed up

Tray icon disappears

I've been experiencing since the installation of Windows XP SP2 on multiple machines with the ATITool Tray Icon disappearing upon load at system startup. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Enabling or Disabling the "Hide Inactive (tray) Icons" WinXP menu option doesn't have any effect. The only way to open ATITool after it has loaded is to go through the start menu to open it again. I have "minimize on close" selected in ATITool. When closing ATITool, you see it make the motions of minimizing to the tray area but no icon is displayed. Any ideas?

djshowergel, Aug 12, 2022
Thema:

Start Menu showing indexing off, Avast not disappearing and Chrome icon messed up

1. Start Menu showing indexing off, Avast not disappearing and Chrome icon messed up - Similar Threads - Start Menu showing

2. Start menu icons not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu icons not showing: Hello, I don't know what happened, suddenly my icons disappeared, I want to fix this problem, it bothers me a lot, is there any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons-not-showing/2938c0c0-1adf-4d46-8161-20c1a4b8aa62
  3. Exe Icons disappear on Start Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exe Icons disappear on Start Menu: As shown in picture, all exe applications excluding those from Microsoft store disappears on start menu. Even disappear in all Apps. I have tried some methods such as sfc/scannow, delete iconcache create another user account etc., but none of them work so far.Anyone has...
  4. Google Chrome Icon Disappearing from start menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome Icon Disappearing from start menu.: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/geax5ovi6ui61.png?width=642&format=png&auto=webp&s=38c31514f33248e8bf005d9f62fe782464ec4e70 The Google Chrome icon keeps disappearing from my Start menu. The app has an icon in program files folder, in the taskbar and also in the start...
  5. people icon not showing up in the start menu

people icon not showing up in the start menu: The people icon is not showing up in the start menu. The people app is installed but the icon is not showing up in the start menu. How to get it to appear in the start menu?[ATTACH]...
  6. Start Menu messed up

Start Menu messed up: I have a laptop with many different IDs on. I log onto each ID for different work. The problem is that on some IDs the Start Menu has messed up. I get rid of all icons and add about 3 or 4 select icons to my start menu. NOW: I get what looks like the default start menu...
  7. Icons on start menu disappears

Icons on start menu disappears: Hi! I'm having an issue where some the icons of the programs/apps I have pinned in the start menu disappears. Usually it's the chrome icon missing but it can change and be different ones every time I restart the computer. The icon shows up again after I select properties...
  8. Start menu icons disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons disappear: Some-to-most of my start menu icons keep disappearing. There's still a box there and if I hover over it, it will identify, and I can open the program by clicking on it. But the icon itself is gone. 112866
  9. Messed up start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up start menu: So, I finally decided to upgrade to W10 from Windows 7, and it's cool and everything, actually liking it. The only thing that has gone wrong, is that I get this [img] (for those who don't know spanish, 'pendiente' means pending) instead of this [img] what...
  10. Shortcuts' icons disappear in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts' icons disappear in Start Menu: Whenever I move shortcuts to a folder in the Start Menu, a lot of times the icon turns into what appears to be a white blank sheet of paper. I've tried changing the icon, to no avail. They show up just fine in the Start Menu, just not in File Explorer. How do I fix this? 82451