Windows 10: Start Menu shows slow and lag when enabled Taskbar Auto Hide.

Discus and support Start Menu shows slow and lag when enabled Taskbar Auto Hide. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, the latest Windows 10 Update (Release 1903) makes Start Menu shows laggy no matter I click the Windows key on the keyboard or click start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dogkiller87, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Start Menu shows slow and lag when enabled Taskbar Auto Hide.

Hi, the latest Windows 10 Update (Release 1903) makes Start Menu shows laggy no matter I click the Windows key on the keyboard or click start menu button using the mouse.

The issue only occurred when Taskbar is set to "Auto Hide in Computer Mode". If I disable autohide of the taskbar, start menu shows fast and acts normal. I already restarted the computer and did regular checks, I hope Microsoft could take a look at this issue and maybe improve it in the future.

:)

Dogkiller87, Jun 2, 2019

2. Auto hide taskbar not working

Hi Susan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about auto-hiding Taskbar on Windows 10.

This issue might have occurred due to Taskbar settings, try the below and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties
    • Under Taskbar tab, check mark the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 2, 2019
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jun 2, 2019
  4. jd_zoro Win User

Start Menu shows slow and lag when enabled Taskbar Auto Hide.

Taskbar still showing up in 'Auto-hide' setting; Taskbar not showing on mouse hover in 'Auto-hide' setting; Start menu and Notification not showing when clicked.

1) Taskbar does not disappear even if I change my taskbar setting from 'auto-hide' to not and then back to 'auto-hide'. I have to restart everytime this happens.

2) Taskbar, when on 'Auto-hide', also not showing when I hover my mouse on the bottom of the screen. Taskbar is 'under' maximized applications (does not matter what application; Google Chrome, Sublime text, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word, etc.). Have not
    change taskbar settings from 'Auto-hide' to not then back to 'Auto-hide' for that taskbar to work normal again.

3) Start menu and Notification panel occasionally not showing up when clicked. Have tried the Powershell command solution; does not work. Have to restart computer to work properly again

Laptop: Lenovo B570

jd_zoro, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Start Menu shows slow and lag when enabled Taskbar Auto Hide.

1. Start Menu shows slow and lag when enabled Taskbar Auto Hide. - Similar Threads - Start Menu shows

2. Taskbar not showing when full screen with auto hide taskbar enabled,how to fix this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not showing when full screen with auto hide taskbar enabled,how to fix this issue: Taskbar not showing when full screen with auto hide taskbar enabled,how to fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-not-showing-when-full-screen-with-auto/8fd5a7ce-7f67-4910-8d69-eb3d12fbc247
  3. Taskbar not showing when full screen with auto hide taskbar enabled,how to fix this issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not showing when full screen with auto hide taskbar enabled,how to fix this issue: Taskbar not showing when full screen with auto hide taskbar enabled,how to fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-not-showing-when-full-screen-with-auto/8fd5a7ce-7f67-4910-8d69-eb3d12fbc247
  4. Taskbar not showing when full screen on second monitor with auto hide taskbar enabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not showing when full screen on second monitor with auto hide taskbar enabled: So i have auto hide taskbar enabled and whenever i try to hover over the bottom of my screen, the taskbar doesnt show. I have 2 monitors, one is my laptop and the other is an external acer one. I have the acer one set up as the main display and the laptop one set up as the...
  5. Taskbar not showing when full screen on second monitor with auto hide taskbar enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not showing when full screen on second monitor with auto hide taskbar enabled: So i have auto hide taskbar enabled and whenever i try to hover over the bottom of my screen, the taskbar doesnt show. I have 2 monitors, one is my laptop and the other is an external acer one. I have the acer one set up as the main display and the laptop one set up as the...
  6. Taskbar not showing when full screen on second monitor with auto hide taskbar enabled

7. Windows 11 Taskbar when auto hide is enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar when auto hide is enabled: I've just installed the WIN11 update in my Acer Aspire 5 laptop and I'm used to keep the taskbar hidden, only showing up when I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen. One of the most automatic movements I make is to move the cursor directly to the right bottom to check...
  8. Windows 11 Taskbar when auto hide is enabled

Windows 11 Taskbar when auto hide is enabled: I've just installed the WIN11 update in my Acer Aspire 5 laptop and I'm used to keep the taskbar hidden, only showing up when I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen. One of the most automatic movements I make is to move the cursor directly to the right bottom to check...
  9. Slow Taskbar Auto-Hide animations

Slow Taskbar Auto-Hide animations: I find the taskbar show and hide animations too slow. Is there any way to speed them up? Also the power-button animation which shows the full power button has a really long delay which feels annoying as the animation happens after i clicked the button. Can i have it this...
  10. Taskbar Auto hide option on a custom Start Menu XML File + Hide Clock, Hide Search and Hide...

Taskbar Auto hide option on a custom Start Menu XML File + Hide Clock, Hide Search and Hide...: Hello, I'm Creating a Standard windows Desktop for the computers in my company, so I want to Import a custom Start Menu, and Taskbar along with some group policies. So it's rather easy to deploy a Custom Start Menu and Taskbar, I'm Looking for a rather Clean one, here's my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 taskbar hide lag

2. win 10 taskbar slow autohide

3. windows 10 1903 start menu lag auto hide mode

4. windows 10 1903 laggy start menu with hidden task bar