Windows 10: Start menu shows web searches first.

Discus and support Start menu shows web searches first. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So I have a habit to start everything from the start menu. Recently I always have to press down arrow key after I type something, since if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thefinalcutbg, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Start menu shows web searches first.

Start menu shows web searches first. 8X4xZgOAFLHXV4zDVKmSQGivCRt7xr_3OT5QSwst-0A.jpg

So I have a habit to start everything from the start menu. Recently I always have to press down arrow key after I type something, since if I press only enter, it opens the browser in bing search bar. Any way to fix this?

submitted by /u/thefinalcutbg
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thefinalcutbg, Feb 14, 2020

2. Web Sites (Links) pinned to start menu do not show up in search

As you can already start web pages by just using the Start Menu Search, it would be nice to also get suggestions and autocomplete from your browser history using this way. (The same, that happens, when I start typing something in Edge's address or search
    bar)

I already tried pinning web sites to my start menu, but even those don't appear in the results list when using the search bar.

Currently, only some featured content by Bing seems to show up there.

Is there a way to include at least pinned links in the search results?

Thanks & Rgds

Fabian

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Fabian Flanhardt, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Disable Store and Web search in Start Menu

Hello
    SystemSupport346,

Since the steps above did not work for you, we suggest that you disable web search by navigating the settings of Cortana itself. Please follow the steps below:

• Open the search box in the taskbar.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • On the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Turn off the Search online and include web results. See screenshot below:

Start menu shows web searches first. 4b6583c8-efc0-4f9f-a9a0-4ce531f271db?upload=true.png

Hope this information helps you. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Start menu shows web searches first.

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Start menu shows web searches first.

1. Start menu shows web searches first. - Similar Threads - Start menu shows

2. windows start menu search web results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows start menu search web results: the start menu used to show web results which was very convinent for me but now it just shows this there is no web preview https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-menu-search-web-results/1222459b-be64-4bcd-9d2b-efcb3ff7638b
  3. windows start menu search web results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows start menu search web results: the start menu used to show web results which was very convinent for me but now it just shows this there is no web preview https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-menu-search-web-results/1222459b-be64-4bcd-9d2b-efcb3ff7638b
  4. windows start menu search web results

in Cortana
  5. Disable Start Menu Web Search?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Start Menu Web Search?: What's the current way to disable the web search? Preferably without editing the registry submitted by /u/HeyLittleMonkey [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k8ptap/disable_start_menu_web_search/
  6. How to disable web search in Start Menu?

How to disable web search in Start Menu?: Hello, I have Windows 10 version 1909 and I want to disable stupid web search that open useless Edge browser if I type file name wrongly and then I click enter and browser opens how to disable that? submitted by /u/Qiasm [link] [comments]...
  7. disable web search start menu 1909

disable web search start menu 1909: Does anyone know how to disable the start menu sending everything you type in there to microsoft? I tried the tricks from previous builds ( reg entries forAllowSearchToUseLocation,BingSearchEnabled and CortanaConsent ) but in 1909 it continues to send whatever I search for...
  8. Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search

in Cortana
    Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search: Hi; on some Windows 10 installations (and indeed, even on my other user account), I get web search results when I press the Start key on my keyboard and then type into the search box. For example, "32 F in C" will yield 0° C. This isn't happening on one of my accounts. As...
  9. Disable web searches in Start menu

in Cortana
    Disable web searches in Start menu: I need to be able to disable web searches in the Start menu. We have several Windows 10 laptops that we use to administer exams, and obviously we cannot have students able to search the internet during their exams. Having no way to disable this feature makes these laptops...
  10. Web searches, Start menu and Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Web searches, Start menu and Cortana: Hi In Windows 10 v1511, how am I supposed to disable the Web searches from the Start menu, but I would also like Cortana continued to use the Web for research? Thanks Bye 44451