Windows 10: Start Menu Shutdown or Sign Out options Not Working Correctly

Discus and support Start Menu Shutdown or Sign Out options Not Working Correctly in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I right click on Start and select any of the options, they do not perform the actions they indicate and several are completely broken. Sign Out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Philip Epling, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Start Menu Shutdown or Sign Out options Not Working Correctly

When I right click on Start and select any of the options, they do not perform the actions they indicate and several are completely broken.

Sign Out - Does nothing at all.

Sleep - Computer sleeps, but cannot ever be woken from sleep state. It will PERMANENTLY stay in sleep unless I physically remove the battery.

Shut Down - Will sometimes go into sleep mode and experience the same issues as the Sleep option. Other times it will restart the machine.

Restart - Will shut down the PC most of the time. Sometimes it will just Sign Out instead.

If I leave the machine on long enough for the power settings to trigger sleep or hibernate, the Sleep issue occurs and I am unable to ever wake it.

:)

Philip Epling, Dec 2, 2018
  2. #VSingh Win User

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

I have tried till the troubleshooter and got this

"Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost" and "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" applications need to be installed correctly.

Now how do install these applications

#VSingh, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Start menu not working

Hello Barry,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• Have you installed all the pending updates on your system?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes to your computer?

As an initial troubleshooting step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates on your system and if you are using Microsoft account suggest you to sign out and sign in again and check if resolves the issue.

I suggest you to perform Start menu troubleshooter
    from the below article and check if it help in addressing your issue.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Darshan J, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Start Menu Shutdown or Sign Out options Not Working Correctly

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu Shutdown or Sign Out options Not Working Correctly

1. Start Menu Shutdown or Sign Out options Not Working Correctly - Similar Threads - Start Menu Shutdown

2. Shutdown In the start menu does't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown In the start menu does't work: Dear communityI have recently met with a newest Problemwhen i press shutdown over hereThe PC rather sign out and then signs me inBut shutdown by cmd worksPlease helpThank you in advance...
  3. Sign-Out Missing from Start Menu Power Options.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign-Out Missing from Start Menu Power Options.: Good afternoon, I always use the Alt + F4 for my Power Options . . . [img] However, the Sign-Outoption is missing from the Start Menu - Power Options . . . [img] . . . BUT, it is shown in the Win + X Power Menu . . . [img] I have searched but I can NOT seem to...
  4. Can I rearrange shutdown options in the Start menu and Login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I rearrange shutdown options in the Start menu and Login screen: The options via the Start menu and Login screen are (in order): Sleep Shutdown Restart I'd rather Shutdown be at the bottom to make it simpler to choose it. 161062
  5. windows 10 shutdown from start menu not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 shutdown from start menu not working: The shutdown option from the start menu is just straight up not working. Once pressed, it takes a solid 5 minutes for the actual "Shuting down" screen to appear. I've done every conceivable troubleshooting measure possible: chkdsk, sfc/scannow, new RAM, new hard drive, new...
  6. how can I hide sign out option from the start menu ?

how can I hide sign out option from the start menu ?: hello, can I hid the sign out option, please find the attached [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-hide-sign-out-option-from-the-start-menu/f2a8d788-e67d-41e5-9209-017f116631e1
  7. start menu search not working correctly

in Cortana
    start menu search not working correctly: Number (1) was my original post, which I thought had been solved. Number (2) is where I stand right now. (1) Windows search Best Match has become defective. For instance, when I used to type "scree", my screenshots folder would be at the top of the best match results. Now...
  8. Shutdown option not working

Shutdown option not working: Hey guys, I had got a problem in my laptop. When i i clikc on shutdown option my laptop was not shutdowning down. It have been a month and i was hibernating my laptop to shut down. And i also tried power off buttons and that too not workee for me. I need help from ur side...
  9. sign out option

sign out option: Ok i without realising i signed into my Windows 10 computer and accidentally put myself as the owner of the computer, but i'm not and this is someone elses computer, so now when i want to sign out from being the owner so that i don't waste my time, i can't find any sign out...
  10. HomeGroup Start Menu Option Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HomeGroup Start Menu Option Doesn't Work: Turning the HomeGroup option on in the start menu: [img] + clicking it: [img] = this: [img] Using the HomeGroup option in File Explorer = it works: [img] Has anyone else encountered this problem, or is it just me? If someone has encountered it, could you...