Windows 10: Start Menu side bar got smaller?

Discus and support Start Menu side bar got smaller? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have some problem that the side bar in the start menu with the power options, settings ect got smaller. Im pretty sure the icons on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JP_Bruh, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Start Menu side bar got smaller?

/u/JP_Bruh, Oct 23, 2020
  2. Cursus Win User

Start Bar not working after update install in Windows 10

Hi, tried as you suggest. It starts and says Checking application registration... and the green progress bar just goes on and on (let it run for over two hours) and never gets to the next step. Any other suggestions?

Cursus, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 Menu font size

Hi Larry,

Follow these steps to change the font size in IE11:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization and under Display, click
      Make text other items larger or smaller.
    • Under Change only the text size, choose the Title bars
      in the drop-down menu and the desired font size on the drop-down menu beside it.

Let us know if the suggested steps helped.

Ian Ser, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Start Menu side bar got smaller?

Issues with accessing apps throuhg Start Menu and Search bar on windows10.

Hi Indrik,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you click on Start Menu?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in Microsoft Help Article about Start menu issues and also try to start Windows Search service. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:

Fix problems with the Start menu

Step 2: I suggest you to try to start Windows Search services
    and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "services.msc" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Search for Windows Search.

4. Double click on it and under Startup type, select
    Automatic.

5. Then click on Start button.

Note: If you are not able to change the Startup type, then continue starting the service by clicking on Start button.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Start Menu and search bar, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Start Menu side bar got smaller?

1. Start Menu side bar got smaller? - Similar Threads - Start Menu side

2. Screen got smaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen got smaller: I was in google and my screen flickered, and everything on the screen got smaller. How do I get my screen back to its normal size? Thanks for your help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-got-smaller/bfa62ec9-80f6-4fad-baeb-e81a531a2523
  3. Screen got smaller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen got smaller: I was in google and my screen flickered, and everything on the screen got smaller. How do I get my screen back to its normal size? Thanks for your help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-got-smaller/bfa62ec9-80f6-4fad-baeb-e81a531a2523
  4. Screen got smaller

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. [QUESTION] How to make Start Bar even smaller?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [QUESTION] How to make Start Bar even smaller?: Hey guys, I would like to know if there's a way to make the start bar even smaller than what it lets me when dragging it on the sides, I'm not sure if it is possible, but if there's a way, please tell me :D I would like to know how to make it transparent? or blurred out....
  6. Prevent Start Menu side bar from expanding out?

Prevent Start Menu side bar from expanding out?: Is there a way to stop the power icon (or settings, file explorer etc) from expanding out to the side when my mouse hovers over it for half a second? I know that's the power button, that's why I've put my mouse there, the fact it expands itself out means more often than not...
  7. Start menu side shrunk.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu side shrunk.: Not sure where to post this. I opened the Start button > found the entire left side of Start Menu has been shrunk. See screenshot below. How do I put it back to normal ? I have tried the icons on the left side but they are not what I need to fix it. [img] 125708
  8. remove side bars in start

remove side bars in start: When I press Start, 2/3 of the screen is taken up by icons under the headings of Create, Explore. How do I get rid of those irrelevant, space and time wasting, obscuring windows? Also annoying is the scroll bar which disappears and has to be found then clicked to reappear....
  9. Changing the Start Menu Tile Side

Changing the Start Menu Tile Side: I have basically given up hope that Microsoft will return the Windows 7 (and before) Start Menu back where it belongs. So I want to play their game and try to modify the tile side. I see that programs that I pin to the Start menu go to the very bottom of the tiles. I added a...
  10. Expand the start menu (left side)

in Windows 10 Support
    Expand the start menu (left side): Perhaps I'm missing something but can the left side (non tiled side) of the start menu be expanded? If so, how? [img] I kind of find it a bit annoying that I can't expand that side out a little so I can easily read item titles. Thanks. 24456