Windows 10: Start Menu Slight Issue

Discus and support Start Menu Slight Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Has anyone else had an issue with start menu where you search for a particular program that runs when you click it but the sidebar of the start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AntJac, Jan 22, 2017.

1. AntJac Win User

Start Menu Slight Issue

Has anyone else had an issue with start menu where you search for a particular program that runs when you click it but the sidebar of the start menu stays open? It doesn't do it all the time but its a bit of a bug bare really. I've had a look online and similar issues seem to always exist. Just wondering if its just one of those things that MS haven't fixed yet? I'm on the latest (non-insider) build.

Many thanks!

:)

AntJac, Jan 22, 2017

2. nokia 3110c call timer. plz help

A slight modification in the above post.go to menu-settings-call settings-show call duration

nagendranr24, Jan 22, 2017
  3. steviegt Win User
    Start menu dims and brightens on it's own

Thank you for replying. I just did a clean boot following the provided instructions. As soon as I opened the Start menu there was a slight dimming. When I clicked on an item to expand the menu item it dimmed even more. When I scrolled the start menu
    all the text and text within the tiles and the tile backgrounds went black and the text wasn't even visible. Since all of my programs previously worked ok, I'm not sure what to do next. This only impacts Windows (Microsoft) programs. ex. Start menu, Settings
    window, Edge etc...

steviegt, Jan 22, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

Start Menu Slight Issue

AntJac also PM'ed me about this issue today, so in the interests of sharing that info with other readers, here is my reply to him:

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 22, 2017
Thema:

Start Menu Slight Issue

1. Start Menu Slight Issue - Similar Threads - Start Menu Slight

2. Windows 11 - Slight issue with pinning applications to start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Slight issue with pinning applications to start menu: When I click pin to start for an application, it seems like nothing happens until I then click unpin from start then click pin to start again. This is not such a big problem, but it is a little annoying and it confuses me....
  3. Windows 11 - Slight issue with pinning applications to start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Slight issue with pinning applications to start menu: When I click pin to start for an application, it seems like nothing happens until I then click unpin from start then click pin to start again. This is not such a big problem, but it is a little annoying and it confuses me....
  4. Start menu issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu issue: Start menu shows only half of the apps. It is the upper part but no apps or anything in the another half. I cant find my other apps and sometimes it will close automatically in my Windows 10. I have not encounter this kind of issue before and I need help. Restarting wont...
  5. Start menu issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu issue: [ATTACH] So, I reinstalled Windows 10 again, and the tiles are the same color as the Windows color, not the accent color. For example, accent is blue, the tiles are not blue....
  6. Problem with the system tray and slight stuttering of Start Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with the system tray and slight stuttering of Start Menu: Hi everyone, I need some help. So my laptop boots up perfectly fine and the windows 10 apps and the desktop apps also work perfectly. The problem i face is with the system tray or whatever the icons on the bottom right of the taskbar are called. When i try to click on...
  7. Start Menu Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Issues: I've just completed a clean install of Windows 10 and have been installing my programs, however some of them do show up in the "All Apps" menu until I signout and sign back in again. This is also the case when I try to pin or unpin items to the start menu. Has anyone else...
  8. Start Menu issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu issue: With the latest update, my start menu changed. Before the apps along the left side menu were under a Title tag "All Apps" but now all the apps are list under alphabet headings. Is there a way to reset the left menu to use the "All Apps" tag? I like the cleaner look. Rod 60273
  9. Start Menu Issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Issue.: Hi, I have been searching for a solution for this issue. I have checked on the Ten Forums, google, and asked friends. No on seems to have the answer unless I am not using the right keywords. I have updated to 10 from 8.1 as well as clean install. Each time this issues comes...
  10. Start menu issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu issue: I upgraded from Windows 7 Home. Somewhere along the line a Windows 8 start menu icon ended up on my desktop. I thought I would click on it and see what it did. It changed the start menu to a very cheap looking Windows 7 start menu. I liked the new Windows 10 start menu and...