Windows 10: Start menu slow and sluggish

Discus and support Start menu slow and sluggish in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I've been using my laptop for 1 year. and over the past month the start menu has been very slow to startup when i click on it or press the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NeOn RaIDeR, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Start menu slow and sluggish

Hi, I've been using my laptop for 1 year. and over the past month the start menu has been very slow to startup when i click on it or press the windows key. Like 4-5 or sometimes even up to 10 seconds wait for it to pop up. typing in search seems to be very slow too, the text would not appear until 3-4 seconds.

I have all my drivers updated, i5 8gb ram. so my build shouldn't affect the menu.

:)

NeOn RaIDeR, Sep 9, 2018

2. Computer run slow and Start menu not functioning

Brand new computer windows 10-start menu and performance really sluggish-run registry utility tool every day but still slow

windows 10 performance slow- Original Title

JoeKellyPR, Sep 9, 2018
  3. start menu and apps works slow in windows 10

old title :Sluggish performance

Worked fine at first now is slow in loading the start menu, apps, ect.

JoeKellyPR, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Start menu slow and sluggish

Windows 10 Anniversary Update blank menus, slow to load, graphics very sluggish

Hello - sharing a possible solution Start menu slow and sluggish :) I was pushed build 14393 a few days ago, and my system was very slow to load menus, context menus, etc, and slow to render simple windows, iTunes, etc.

I rolled the system back and it solved the problem.

Today it got pushed again, same result, so I manually upgraded to build 15022 but the sluggish graphics remained. The majority of functions work fine, it's the right click menus and whatnot, tree lists like Device Manager that are painfully slow.

Setup includes an HDTV output to my flat screen TV.

The solution seems to have been as simple as going into the graphics and removing the second display, it solved the problem instantly, and I was able to set it back up again no problem either.

Hope this helps!

Metallhd62, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Start menu slow and sluggish

1. Start menu slow and sluggish - Similar Threads - Start menu slow

2. Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish: I have revently purchased Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with windows 11 4GB RAM. When I started using this i got frustrated with the system. It is very slow and sluggish. It initially takes 10 minutes to boot then after to use any applications i have to wait for lot of time. When i...
  3. Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish: I have revently purchased Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with windows 11 4GB RAM. When I started using this i got frustrated with the system. It is very slow and sluggish. It initially takes 10 minutes to boot then after to use any applications i have to wait for lot of time. When i...
  4. windows 10 slow start menu on start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 slow start menu on start: Hello, it seems last post was blocked but user clearly said problem in not fixed and i have same form time to time. onece a month maybeI was able to see something that may be small tip to devs. While start menu couldnt be working i was able to observe on task manager that in...
  5. windows 10 slow start menu on start

windows 10 slow start menu on start: Hello, it seems last post was blocked but user clearly said problem in not fixed and i have same form time to time. onece a month maybeI was able to see something that may be small tip to devs. While start menu couldnt be working i was able to observe on task manager that in...
  6. windows 10 slow start menu on start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. slow and sluggish laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow and sluggish laptop: I have Lenovo Legion 5 intel i710th gen laptop with 240hrz refresh rate and 2060 GTX graphic card 16gb ram but some how My laptop is reallyy very sluggish and slow I donot get good frames neither do I get good fps on low graphic games its really frustrating and sad help me...
  8. slow and sluggish laptop

slow and sluggish laptop: I have Lenovo Legion 5 intel i710th gen laptop with 240hrz refresh rate and 2060 GTX graphic card 16gb ram but some how My laptop is reallyy very sluggish and slow I donot get good frames neither do I get good fps on low graphic games its really frustrating and sad help me...
  9. Start menu slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu slow: The start menu is too slow it always takes 2-3 seconds to open video please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-slow/0f997e3b-8a1a-4e91-8790-42293dd25204
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu Slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Start Menu Slow: I have a laptop that's using an NVME SSD as a boot drive and my start menu is really slow, whenever I click on it, it takes a few seconds for it to actually open. It's really bothering. I can't seem to find any solution by googling, so I might as well try my luck here....