Windows 10: Start menu starts floating when searching by text input

Discus and support Start menu starts floating when searching by text input in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all I noticed a curious behaviour with my windows. As soon as I start typing into the Start menu, the menu floats up to the top portion of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by why.so.serious, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Start menu starts floating when searching by text input

Hi all

I noticed a curious behaviour with my windows.

As soon as I start typing into the Start menu, the menu floats up to the top portion of my screen.

Is this how its supposed to work??

I am attaching a screen shots below

Click start:

Start menu starts floating when searching by text input 466c8c33-f31a-4ab9-8271-974907b28d83?upload=true.png

Start to type :

Start menu starts floating when searching by text input f44f72f5-921b-474f-8ab2-880228b6d7cb?upload=true.png

I am running

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1809

Build 17763.379

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

:)

why.so.serious, Apr 11, 2019

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi, Yes. I tried changing my primary SSD from MBR to GPT via Ease Us Partition Tool. All my other drives besides the main successfully converted but not my primary disk. When the application was trying to convert the disk I received a Kernal In Page Error.
    Hope this helps!

Heavenless, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Start menu starts floating when searching by text input

Start menu search problems

Hi Michael,

In order for us to better assist you, we would like to ask few questions:

• Did you make any changes or updates to your computer prior to the issue?
    • When did you start experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Since you're having issues with the Start menu, we suggest checking this
    article
    and follow the methods provided to troubleshoot Start menu.

Update us on the outcome.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Start menu starts floating when searching by text input

1. Start menu starts floating when searching by text input - Similar Threads - Start menu starts

2. Search not starting from start menu

in Cortana
    Search not starting from start menu: Hi,I recently started using my laptop after not using it for a while and the search doesn't seem to be working anymore.Normally to search I hit the windows key and start typing, the search results load in immediately.Now I hit the windows key and start typing, nothing happens...
  3. Search in start menu

in Cortana
    Search in start menu: Hi. I have recently switched from my windows 10 PC to my windows 10 laptop. I don't know of any software differences, so I do not know what may be the cause. When using my windows pc, I often quickly open the start menu to search something up by just starting to type in the...
  4. Start Menu and Search Bar not taking any input

in Cortana
    Start Menu and Search Bar not taking any input: Today when i opened my laptop, i came to see that my start menu was not taking any input. I tried to use the search bar but it also wasnt taking any input. I could normally scroll in start menu and click any applications but i cant type and the same case happened to the...
  5. Start Menu Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Text: How do I restore the text in my Start menu when it disappeared after an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-text/e070086c-126a-44c1-9fea-35a67ac46e7f
  6. floating start menu after resolution change

floating start menu after resolution change: After getting a higher-resolution monitor many windows menus etc. don't scale properly anymore. Start menu: [IMG] The search box is floating on the desktop, and the start menu is floating somewhere in mid-air. Furthermore, many other menus are not scaling at all:...
  7. Start Menu Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search: Greetings, When I search with the start menu open after the recent major update it opens a new window. This is atrocious and I want the searching to take place inside the start menu. Is this at all possible? Thanks in advance // 139419
  8. Start menu text color

Start menu text color: good morning, im not sure if this has been posted and solved, but i have a hard time reading the start menu text..i even changed the default app mode from dark to light. and i cant figure out how to change the color of the text. any help would be appreciated thankyou in...
  9. Grey text on start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Grey text on start menu?: After latest cumulative update I notice loads of my start menu entries are written in grey. Most are white but there are quite a few in grey. They still seem to launch ok but this is very odd. Rebooting seems to return many of the text entries to white but then slowly more...
  10. No Start Menu, Search

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu, Search: All, I upgraded Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home. It worked for a couple of days and suddenly there is no Start Menu (Click start and nothing happens) and no Search box (Icon present but nothing happens when clicked). MY machine is slower accessing all menus...