Windows 10: Start Menu Stays Open After Clicking App

Discus and support Start Menu Stays Open After Clicking App in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yo Xperts, Since the New Edge, the Start Menu Stays up after starting a selection? A new bug or is there a new option - Please do not offer SFC or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GoJoLo, May 6, 2020.

1. GoJoLo Win User

Start Menu Stays Open After Clicking App

Yo Xperts,

Since the New Edge, the Start Menu Stays up after starting a selection?

A new bug or is there a new option - Please do not offer SFC or check for updates.

Thx,

Joe

:)

GoJoLo, May 6, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, May 6, 2020
  3. Unable to open Windows apps on clicking the Start menu in Windows 10.

Hi Johnathan,

Thank you for the updates.

Let's try to manually pin the apps to the start menu and check if it helps.

• Open Start menu.
    • Type the name of the app which you want to pin to start.
    • Right click on that app and click on Pin this app to Start.

Let us know the results.

Sahil Bali, May 6, 2020
  4. Start Menu Stays Open After Clicking App

Why can't I click inside Start Menu?

You may also follow these steps to resolve your concern:

• Right-click on Start menu.
    • From the options, select Command Prompt (Admin) by clicking it.
    • Type in Powershell and then press Enter.
    • Copy and paste this on the Powershell application
      Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}
      and press Enter.
    • Wait for the process to finish, close all of the open windows and check your Start menu if it's working properly.
    Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Start Menu Stays Open After Clicking App

1. Start Menu Stays Open After Clicking App - Similar Threads - Start Menu Stays

2. Windows 11 start menu doesn't always open or stay open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 start menu doesn't always open or stay open.: Hi, for the past week or so I've had an issue with the Start Menu on Windows 11 not acting properly. When clicking on the window icon it may or may not open the start menu and even when it does, it may or may not stay open long enough for me to use it. There's also a couple...
  3. Windows 11 start menu doesn't always open or stay open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 start menu doesn't always open or stay open.: Hi, for the past week or so I've had an issue with the Start Menu on Windows 11 not acting properly. When clicking on the window icon it may or may not open the start menu and even when it does, it may or may not stay open long enough for me to use it. There's also a couple...
  4. Can not click on or open start menu and other apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can not click on or open start menu and other apps: I have a windows 10pc and I am having an intermittent issue where I am unable to click on certain shortcuts. I will try to click the start menu and it’s colour changes when i click, but it doesn’t open, same with file explorer and some desktop apps. If I use the keyboard to...
  5. Why doesn't rightclicking a start menu app and clicking on "open file location" open the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why doesn't rightclicking a start menu app and clicking on "open file location" open the...: On Windows 10 rightclicking a start menu app and clicking on "open file location" doesn't open the files' "actual location" but just a folder in which the shortcut is. You then have to rightclick on that shortcut and click on "open file path" or whatever it is in english to...
  6. Application stays on start menu after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application stays on start menu after uninstalling: So I installed Phantasy Star online 2 from the Microsoft Store, had problems with it and just decided to uninstall it. But its still on my start menu and there's no shortcut file in the Startmenu/Programs folder. When i right click on it the only options are more and...
  7. Start Menu Stays Open When App is Run as Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Stays Open When App is Run as Administrator: I noticed this in version 1909 and it continued into 2004. When I right-click on an app in Start (command prompt, for example) to run it as administrator, the app comes up but the Start Menu does not close. When I run the same app by left-clicking on it, the Start Menu...
  8. Can't Click on Start Menu Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Click on Start Menu Apps: When I open the start menu and try to search for something/click on something it doesn't do anything. After restarting, sometimes it doesn't even let me click on the windows button at all (I can still open it with the windows key.) I've seen a lot of threads on this but...
  9. Clicking on one app opens another instead in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Clicking on one app opens another instead in the Start Menu: As the title says, when I try to open a specific app (Plex), it opens that one plus another one (iTunes). I've tried reorganizing the tiles, removing them then pinning them back again but it still happens. I made sure I have the latest updates installed. Has anybody else run...
  10. Can't ctrl+click on apps in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't ctrl+click on apps in the start menu: It worked on windows 8.1 but after upgrading to 10 it doesn't work anymore. When I try to select several apps using ctrl+click the first app I click on starts and it doesn't even get marked. How do I fix this? I have tried with both my ctrl-buttons and I know they work...