Windows 10: Start menu, still messy?!

Discus and support Start menu, still messy?! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Any option, to make my start menu a little bit useful? I only have 4 recelty installed apps on the top, the rest of it is full of softwares in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trialboj, May 22, 2017.

1. trialboj Win User

Start menu, still messy?!

Any option, to make my start menu a little bit useful?

I only have 4 recelty installed apps on the top, the rest of it is full of softwares in aphabetical order *Sad I dont care of those, but there is no option to hide them.

SHow me a video, or any instruction, how to change those to anything useful, I would like to have a neat user interface.

This is how it looks now

Start menu, still messy?! [​IMG]

:)

trialboj, May 22, 2017

2. Start menue still not working

Then the only option left for you is a clean install.

Your apps would be lost but your files if backup up will not be lost.

I had such problems after the upgrade like apps not opening, but a clean Install wiped them up.

You may try to make 10 fast using the following and check if it helps:

Master Tutorial to Make Windows 10 Super Fast - AskVG

Sumit Dhiman2, May 22, 2017
  3. Start menue still not working

Hi,

I have tried all actions suggested so far including the re-installation per the last e-mail but the problem remains.

This is very disappointing as the upgrade went perfectly on my laptop but I still have no access to my programs on my desktop machine, fortunately I had have short cuts on my desktop for the two programs I use mostly on the PC.

Has Microsoft not found a sure answer to this problem yet?

Willyekerslike, May 22, 2017
  4. ghf5543 Win User

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\

There are all folders from menu start. You can remove it from there.

ghf5543, May 22, 2017
  5. prikker Win User
    prikker, May 22, 2017
  6. trialboj Win User
    Well, still not good enough, but at least now looks much more handy *Smile

There should be a theme like this built in, for those who care about their interface.

Start menu, still messy?! [​IMG]

trialboj, May 22, 2017
  7. prikker Win User
    Maybe in future editions*Wink

prikker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start menu, still messy?! - Similar Threads - Start menu still

2. W11 - Messy Start Menu and No drag & drop between apps on the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 - Messy Start Menu and No drag & drop between apps on the task bar: Hello Microsoft.I am highly appreciate your free upgrade of my W10 to W11. Thank you very much. I was very exciting when processing this upgrade.However, after the upgrade, I am very disappointed with these 2 things:1. Start menu now becomes a messy of stuffs, It no long...
  3. W11 - Messy Start Menu and No drag & drop between apps on the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 - Messy Start Menu and No drag & drop between apps on the task bar: Hello Microsoft.I am highly appreciate your free upgrade of my W10 to W11. Thank you very much. I was very exciting when processing this upgrade.However, after the upgrade, I am very disappointed with these 2 things:1. Start menu now becomes a messy of stuffs, It no long...
  4. Still cant edit Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still cant edit Start Menu: I still don't have a choice to edit the Start Menu.Still stuck with a stupid alphabetically list with the folder not on top.I have tried leaving feedback, but issue is still occuring....
  5. Still cant edit Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Still cant edit Start Menu: I still don't have a choice to edit the Start Menu.Still stuck with a stupid alphabetically list with the folder not on top.I have tried leaving feedback, but issue is still occuring....
  6. Still cant edit Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Messy accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Messy accounts: Hi I seem to have 2 accounts one which is my email the other which is my mobile - I cant add my mobile to my email account because it says the number is already taken.. I'm so confused and hoping to just get a single account back...
  8. Start Menu Apps not tiles uninstalled program still on start menu

Start Menu Apps not tiles uninstalled program still on start menu: I uninstalled unused apps from my windows 10 desktop. When I click on the windows key to bring to bring up the start menu, one app [Ebay] icon shows it is still there. Left clicking and hitting uninstall brings me to the App list. Since I uninstalled it from the App...
  9. Deleted programs still showing in start menu

Deleted programs still showing in start menu: I decided that now is as good a time as any to learn Python, so I went to download the latest version 3.9.0. After downloading it, I used the Windows search bar to find that 3.8 was already installed from a previous attempt at learning Python. I clicked on 3.8 where it...
  10. Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu: I am having some problem with app installed from microsoft store. Even after i uninstalled them they still appear on on start list. Why?? I have also checked C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs here but found nothing. Please help, someone. Bloons TD...