Windows 10: Start menu stops working even more often after upgrading to 1903

Discus and support Start menu stops working even more often after upgrading to 1903 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Before upgrading to Windows 1903 the start menu sporadically stopped working. I would click on Start and got presented with unclickable blank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Topshooter, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Start menu stops working even more often after upgrading to 1903

Hi,

Before upgrading to Windows 1903 the start menu sporadically stopped working. I would click on Start and got presented with unclickable blank icons. The only way to restore normality was to restart Windows Explorer. This happened maybe once or twice a week. After upgrading to 1903 I had hoped that this would be fixed, but it now happens almost every time my computer wakes up from sleep. Any idea what could be happening and what I should be checking? sfc /scannow reports no errors.

Thanks,
    Gerry.

:)

Topshooter, Jun 30, 2019
  2. drpearl Win User

Start menu stopped working in Windows 10

The Start Menu on my copy of Windows 10 stopped working for no apparent reason. I have tried the suggested four steps above. The first three ran. The final one failed to run due to an error. The process did not fix the start menu. My Windows 10 computer
    is disabled and unusable. I need a solution ASAP.

drpearl, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Start menu stops working even more often after upgrading to 1903

Start menu stopped working in Windows 10

I installed Windows 10 last weekend. Everything was fine until this morning when the icon for the start menu stop working. I should say a left click on the icon no longer works so I don't see all my apps etc..... I can still left right click and get windows
    utilities and such.

I've read through some of the suggested solutions and tried some but nothing has worked. Does anyone have a definitive solution yet ? Any help would be appreciated

please i have the same problem right now....and i have try to use the steps as listed...but is requesting for administrator permission or privilege

Promise0nyekachi, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Start menu stops working even more often after upgrading to 1903

1. Start menu stops working even more often after upgrading to 1903 - Similar Threads - Start menu stops

2. Search and Start Menu Stopped Working

in Cortana
    Search and Start Menu Stopped Working: Windows searched suddenly stopped working for me, and it's become extremely annoying. I can't click in the search box in either the taskbar or windows explorer. It looks like something resets and I can't type anything in either window. Furthermore, clicking on anything in the...
  3. Start Menu not working (Build 1903)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu not working (Build 1903): Couple of days ago my start menu stopped opening. This is before start menu is pressed : https://imgur.com/a/8S7NLTv After start menu is pressed/Windows button is pressed (just the start menu greys as if it has opened) : https://imgur.com/a/Ff9p6pI If I start typing after...
  4. After W10 1903 upgrade, Hyper-V save function stopped working: One or more arguments are...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After W10 1903 upgrade, Hyper-V save function stopped working: One or more arguments are...: Hello, I have a notebook running Windows 10 Pro where I use the Hyper-V environment to run a few Virtual Machines, all of them with W10 Pro licences as well. A couple of months ago I started upgrading my VMs to W10 1903 version. Everything ran pretty fine. Then I decided to...
  5. Excel macro stopped working after upgrading to v.1903

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel macro stopped working after upgrading to v.1903: I hate this kinda stuff. My desktop was working fine. So I gave in and installed the update v.1903 and now all I have to do is fix problems *Sad (Teaches you something about those updates, doesn't it?) So I have this Excel file that has my own signed macros in it. It used to...
  6. Excel macro stopped working after upgrading to v.1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Excel macro stopped working after upgrading to v.1903: I hate this kinda stuff. My desktop was working fine. So I gave in and installed the update v.1903 and now all I have to do is fix problems *Sad (Teaches you something about those updates, doesn't it?) So I have this Excel file that has my own signed macros in it. It used to...
  7. Built in Realtek sound stopped working after upgrading to 1903.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built in Realtek sound stopped working after upgrading to 1903.: What do we do in the meantime? Just wait and hope that Microsoft fixes the problem in the next day/week/year? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-realtek-sound-stopped-working-after/64a598b8-dad8-4dc1-b9e6-d6fc4e7bf0d7
  8. Bluetooth stopped working after upgrade to 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth stopped working after upgrade to 1903: Laptop "Lenovo Ideapad 710S-13IKB". After upgrade to Windows 10 1903, Bluetooth adapter not found in device manager. Reinstalling of drivers didn't help. Any ideas?...
  9. Start menu stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu stopped working: The Startmenu stopped loading at startup and/or when depressing window. It use to work fine. New updates are messing up and resetting many of my settings. 82721
  10. Start Menu stops working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu stops working?: Been happening alot lately I can't open my start menu it just stops working. Only a restart or log off works. Any ideas? 24315