Windows 10: start menu stuck displaying all apps

Discus and support start menu stuck displaying all apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so...as the title suggests, my stepfather's start menu is stuck on all apps....how do I unfrak this? [img] 60633 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xraiderv1, Aug 17, 2016.

1. xraiderv1 Win User

start menu stuck displaying all apps

so...as the title suggests, my stepfather's start menu is stuck on all apps....how do I unfrak this?

start menu stuck displaying all apps [​IMG]

:)

xraiderv1, Aug 17, 2016
  2. NT_512 Win User

How how do you always display text for start menu folders?

How do I always display text for my start menu folders?

After reinstalling windows this is what my start menu looks like:

http://s21.postimg.org/5jfceetfr/Untitled.png

It used to be that there was an icon at the bottom to display all of the apps, but now all app displayed right after clicking the start menu. Additionally all of the folders were visible with text, now there is only an image depiction on the left side.

Here is an example of the start menu I remember, how do I get it back?

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/ffliipph5md1trlz4snz.jpg

Notice how "file explorer", "settings", "power", and "all apps" are displayed.

NT_512, Aug 17, 2016
  3. Start Menu All Apps menu for All users

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

This issue can be best answered by TechNet forum as they have experts who are trained on such issues.

Technet forums

In future, if you have any issues related to Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 17, 2016
  4. JBGoode Win User

Unfortunately there's nothing to fix. This is the new windows menu as of the recent anniversary update and that's what we're stuck with. You might want to look into a 3rd party start menu replacement "Classic shell" and "Start 10" are available and both include the option for the Windows 7 style menu which is what I'll probably go with. Check them out, they both seem very cool.

JBGoode, Aug 17, 2016
Thema:

1. start menu stuck displaying all apps - Similar Threads - start menu stuck

2. Start menu stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu stuck: Dears ,even after updating windows version to 23h2 search menu and start menu stuck and restarting file explorer is not a solution . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-stuck/9c177b0e-056b-4c42-8216-54575bd6a889
  3. Start menu stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu stuck: Dears ,even after updating windows version to 23h2 search menu and start menu stuck and restarting file explorer is not a solution . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-stuck/9c177b0e-056b-4c42-8216-54575bd6a889
  4. Uninstalled WS Apps Stuck on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalled WS Apps Stuck on Start Menu: So I just uninstalled a couple of Windows Store (or UWP) apps and while they did uninstall successfully, it left behind multiple icons on the start menu. I've tried everything from resetting (running WSReset) to clearing registry keys but to no avail. Since these are store...
  5. Start Menu icons are not displaying all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu icons are not displaying all of a sudden: [ATTACH] In the past 48 hours, I've noticed that any system and store app icons are not displaying in the start menu on this particular screen or when searched via the start bar. If I scroll thru the program list, the icons are there. I've tried rebuilding my icon and...
  6. Start Menu not displaying All apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu not displaying All apps: Performed an upgrade from Windows 8.1. When I select "All apps" from the Start Menu, I notice that not all the apps are displayed. May have found a bug in Windows 10 release. Anyone else having this issue? 10241
  7. All apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps in start menu: So I just installed the anniversary update and it changed the start menu so it is now showing "All apps", I have browsed the settings but can't seem to figure out how to turn this off... I want to turn off the list that appears to the left that is showing all the crap...
  8. All Apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps in Start Menu: Hi. My computer received what appears to be a large Windows 10 update (many of my settings seemed to have defaulted back). One setting that puzzles me is that when I launch the Start Menu, the "All Apps" menu is expanded instead of the one I had (see the picture below). I...
  9. All Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps on Start Menu: I gotta question. It's not a big deal, but I'm kinda anal. The all apps button on the left edge of the start menu: on my menu it's up at the top of the menu. On every picture I've ever seen, the all apps button is at the bottom left of the menu right above the Start...
  10. Start Menu All Apps Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu All Apps Screen: This menu got screwed up... any ideas how to fix? [img] 50390