Windows 10: Start menu stutters when first opened after 2004 update

Discus and support Start menu stutters when first opened after 2004 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've tried searching for similar issues but could not find anyone with this issue. Whenever I first open my start menu and scroll down my app list, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by John Gamez, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Start menu stutters when first opened after 2004 update

I've tried searching for similar issues but could not find anyone with this issue.

Whenever I first open my start menu and scroll down my app list, it has a very noticeable stutter for a few seconds.

Afterwards it is back to smooth scrolling until I close it and open it up again after 5-10 seconds.

This did not happen in the previous version 1909.

It does only happen for a few seconds so it isn't a major issue or anything, but it is very annoying to have to wait until I can see exactly where I'm scrolling to open my apps.

I'll try troubleshooting on my own and update if I find a resolution for it.

:)

John Gamez, Jun 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 Start Menu won't open.

Hi Dougie,

Corrupted system files could be one of the reason why Start Menu is not opening.

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps listed in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana
    see if it helps resolve the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jun 18, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Start menu stutters when first opened after 2004 update

Start menu

Hello Elliot,

May we know if you have made any software changes prior to the Start menu not opening?

We suggest that you check any updates for you device, you may follow the steps below on how to check for updates without using the Start menu:

• Press the Windows button + R, type
      ms-setting:
      , and then select OK. This opens Settings.
    • In Settings, choose Update & security >
      Windows Update
      , and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

We look forward for an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Start menu stutters when first opened after 2004 update

1. Start menu stutters when first opened after 2004 update - Similar Threads - Start menu stutters

2. Update to 2004 or 20H2 first?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update to 2004 or 20H2 first?: [ATTACH] Greetings, my HP laptop 15-da0006TX and I use win 10 home and version 1909. I got both update of them and I know that we have to update eventually so which one should I update first to ensure smooth updates for later?...
  3. Searchbox opens up on the top of start menu with the new 2004 update

Searchbox opens up on the top of start menu with the new 2004 update: [ATTACH] As I press the Windows key, I expect the start menu to open up showing the tiles, and as I type it should search for programs or files. But after the recent 2004 update, it opens the search box on the top of the start menu, with just one window key press. I can't...
  4. Start menu not working after Windows 10 2004 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu not working after Windows 10 2004 update: I can't get programs to run via start menu after Windows 10 2004 update. I can hover over them and select them but then my screen flashes a couple of times and nothing happens....
  5. 2004 update Start menu issue

2004 update Start menu issue: Since updating to ver 2004, my start menu crashes when i select anything other then the pinned shortcuts. I have also noticed that the Win+v clipboard history tool no longer works, as well as the ablity to hit the Win key and start typing to search for something, it only...
  6. Windows UI FPS drops after opening Start Menu for a couple of seconds after 2004 update

Windows UI FPS drops after opening Start Menu for a couple of seconds after 2004 update: Updated to 2004 yesterday. Immediately noticed the following behavior: After I click on Start Menu animation of the menu appearing looks like 20-30 FPS If I move my mouse around during/after Start Menu animation it definitely looks like low FPS as mouse movement is much...
  7. ms-resource:AppName/Text appeared on Start Menu after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    ms-resource:AppName/Text appeared on Start Menu after 2004 update: I can see this below after rightclick it ---more---APP setting : [ATTACH] and i also get some advice from the post writened by Aiyu Xiao and other enthusiastic advisers in the post...
  8. Start menu stutters when opening/scrolling through apps but becomes stable after a few...

Start menu stutters when opening/scrolling through apps but becomes stable after a few...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/R3cklss- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gu6mu2/start_menu_stutters_when_openingscrolling_through/
  9. Can't open start menu after updating to 1151

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open start menu after updating to 1151: So I got the 1151 update today. After the update, I could not open the Start menu. Code: SFC /scannow[/quote] says that there are corrupt files that it can not fix. I found out that I should run Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth...
  10. Mouse and transitions lag/stutter when click start menu or open edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse and transitions lag/stutter when click start menu or open edge: I figured out that it's a graphic driver problem: when I start PC on safe mode or if I uninstall all graphic drivers the lag/stutter problem doesn't happen but if I install AMD Drivers again the lag problem starts. Can someone help please? 8893