Windows 10: Start menu stutters when opening/scrolling through apps but becomes stable after a few...

Discus and support Start menu stutters when opening/scrolling through apps but becomes stable after a few... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/R3cklss- [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/R3cklss-, May 31, 2020.

1. Start menu stutters when opening/scrolling through apps but becomes stable after a few...

/u/R3cklss-, May 31, 2020
  2. VroDAX Win User

Feedback: All Apps Start menu does not scroll properly when folder is expanded

I would like to report a bug in the scrollbar handling for the All Apps list in the Start Menu. When you expand one or more folders in the All Apps list the scrollbar does not track the mouse properly.

Duplication steps:

In the Start Menu click All Apps

Scroll down to the Windows Accessories folder and click on it to expand it.

Now, using the mouse, click and hold on the scrollbar button then scroll back and forth to the top and bottom of the list.

The mouse does not stay on the scrollbar as you scroll. In order to scroll all the way to the top or the bottom. You have to release the mouse button and click and hold again to scroll all the way to either end.

Most likely this occurs because the scollbar maximum property is not properly set when folders are expanded.

VroDAX, May 31, 2020
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    windows 10 scrolling not working in start menu

Hi,

Thanks for posting. To troubleshoot this issue, follow these steps:

• Open Start Menu.
    • Go to Settings>Devices>Mouse and Touchpad.
    • There should be an option called Scroll Inactive Windows. It's turned off by default, so try turning it on.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Allan Mej, May 31, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Start menu stutters when opening/scrolling through apps but becomes stable after a few...

dalchina, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Start menu stutters when opening/scrolling through apps but becomes stable after a few...

1. Start menu stutters when opening/scrolling through apps but becomes stable after a few... - Similar Threads - Start menu stutters

2. Auto Scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Scrolling in start menu: All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I...
  3. Start menu stutters when first opened after 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu stutters when first opened after 2004 update: I've tried searching for similar issues but could not find anyone with this issue. Whenever I first open my start menu and scroll down my app list, it has a very noticeable stutter for a few seconds. Afterwards it is back to smooth scrolling until I close it and open it up...
  4. start menu become unclear after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu become unclear after update: it happens after last update and i don't know how it happens and what should i do to fix it this is my start menu looks like now [ATTACH] can anyone help me, it caused other app become unclear too thanks in advance...
  5. Start Menu Stays Open After Clicking App

Start Menu Stays Open After Clicking App: Yo Xperts, Since the New Edge, the Start Menu Stays up after starting a selection? A new bug or is there a new option - Please do not offer SFC or check for updates. Thx, Joe...
  6. Start menu trackpad scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu trackpad scrolling: Hey guys ever since the 1903 update, I can't scroll down my apps and programs in the start menu usimg the trackpad scrolling gesture, so I have to use the slider on the side which quite inconvenient, I can use the scroll wheel if I have a mouse plugged tho. Anyone know how to...
  7. Unable to open settings through start menu icon

Unable to open settings through start menu icon: Unable to open settings through start menu. I can open the settings through the search but the icon doesn't appear on the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-settings-through-start-menu-icon/205c969e-57b1-4dfb-b299-323bb113a65b
  8. Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10: How to: Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10 How to Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10 The pinned apps (tiles) on the Start screen. This tutorial will show you how to keep the Start menu open when opening multiple apps from the Start...
  9. Mouse scroll button opens Windows Start menu when clicked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse scroll button opens Windows Start menu when clicked: I understand that this is some sort of a hotkey which opens up the start menu but I would like to disable it. I've tried to go into control panel, mouse settings, wheel, etc, and after poking around everywhere in the settings I wasn't able to find the settings that...
  10. Mouse and transitions lag/stutter when click start menu or open edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse and transitions lag/stutter when click start menu or open edge: I figured out that it's a graphic driver problem: when I start PC on safe mode or if I uninstall all graphic drivers the lag/stutter problem doesn't happen but if I install AMD Drivers again the lag problem starts. Can someone help please? 8893