Windows 10: Start menu, Taskbar, Action Centre, Search and windows apps broken!! What should I do??

Discus and support Start menu, Taskbar, Action Centre, Search and windows apps broken!! What should I do?? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok so here's the problem: I recently installed an icon pack on my Win 10 machine. Here's the link:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Angry_birds_0_0, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Start menu, Taskbar, Action Centre, Search and windows apps broken!! What should I do??

Ok so here's the problem: I recently installed an icon pack on my Win 10 machine. Here's the link: https://www.deviantart.com/alexgal23/art/Numix-Project-W10-569418436

Anyway...after installing it, I found that basically my windows was broken. Start menu was not working, even when the windows key was pressed, Desktop button was not working, I had to minimise all my open screens to get to the desktop, Action Center was not working, Search/Cortana was down, I cannot turn the volume up or down by desktop and finally, when i tried to open settings by using win key+I windows threw up an error: "explorer.exe: class not registered".

The things that are working (luckily) are: all the apps pinned to my desktop can still be opened and i can still right click on the taskbar and get the menu (however I cannot right click on the start button). I have uninstalled the icon pack and restarted, that did not work, I have tried advanced startup and restarted, no joy. And I have tried creating a new user account with no avail. Any ideas other than a system reset?

:)

Angry_birds_0_0, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Trapper Win User

Start menu tiles and Notification/Open Action Centre dissappeared!

Strange, my start menu left click that used to open the coloured start menu with 'tiles' has stopped working. I can only right click to access the 'grey' listing. If I do left click I see the blue spinning wheel for a couple of seconds but nothing appears.
    Also the icon for 'New Notifications' has stopped as well, when clicked I used to see a slide out popup asking me if I would recommend W10 to a friend but not now. If I right click to 'Open Action Centre' nothing happens.

Any suggestions as to how to fix them?

Many thanks.

Trapper, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Start menu, search, action centre etc. not opening

Hi,

My mum is having problems with opening taskbar icons such as the start menu, search, action centre and other things like the wifi button.

Whenever she clicks on them they don't popup like they should. I can open other items on the taskbar such as pinned programs.

The icons highlighted in red are the ones that are affected.

Start menu, Taskbar, Action Centre, Search and windows apps broken!! What should I do?? 9acfdb1e-e509-4dc9-b43c-7208cd23b6e6.png

any help would be appreciated

thanks

LiamMcAteer, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Vorsuke Win User

Start menu, Taskbar, Action Centre, Search and windows apps broken!! What should I do??

Windows 10 Personalise Taskbar > Start menu broken

After a fresh windows 10 install,

after configurating the time to my timezone and syncing the time, made the personalise taskbar > start menu broken.

none of the option works anymore, like show or hide app list. Show new apps and suggetion and or frequent used apps.

Vorsuke, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Start menu, Taskbar, Action Centre, Search and windows apps broken!! What should I do??

1. Start menu, Taskbar, Action Centre, Search and windows apps broken!! What should I do?? - Similar Threads - Start menu Taskbar

2. SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE SEARCH MENU, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE SEARCH MENU, WHAT SHOULD I DO?: Hello, I have a laptop and running on Windows 10 21H1 versionThere is one thing that bothers me, every time I boot my laptop on, and trying to search something on the search menu box windows button on keyboard, the search menu will sometimes load itself with code on the low...
  3. SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE SEARCH MENU, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE SEARCH MENU, WHAT SHOULD I DO?: Hello, I have a laptop and running on Windows 10 21H1 versionThere is one thing that bothers me, every time I boot my laptop on, and trying to search something on the search menu box windows button on keyboard, the search menu will sometimes load itself with code on the low...
  4. SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE SEARCH MENU, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE SEARCH MENU, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

6. SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE SEARCH MENU, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

7. Taskbar, action centre and start menu not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar, action centre and start menu not working: My start menu does not open the windows key on the keyboard doesn't open it, my taskbar search is not opening, my apps on pinned can't be accessed by right-clicking, and my action center does not open, even when swiping the screen, plus some of the icons eg. wifi, volume,...
  8. Start menu, taskbar and Action Center not as translucent as they should be

Start menu, taskbar and Action Center not as translucent as they should be: Even after turning on "Transparency effects", the Start menu, taskbar and Action Center are not as transparent as they should be like the other ones on the internet. Even the Colors tab preview under Personalisation shows a more transparent start menu. There is a difference...
  9. Start, taskbar and action centre

Start, taskbar and action centre: Since latest update for Windows 10 the Above features are greyed out. I have tried changing to Custom under Personalisation>Colours>Chose your Colour, but this does not work anymore. It did a couple of weeks ago. I really do not like having the Task Bar and Start menu in...
  10. Colours - Start, TaskBar and Action Centre

Colours - Start, TaskBar and Action Centre: The box to choose accent colour for Start, Task bar and Action Centre is greyed out. How can I make it selectable?[IMG][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colours-start-taskbar-and-action-centre/f63980bb-c5ae-4cb1-85a4-82623439acde