Windows 10: Start menu, taskbar and Action Center not as translucent as they should be

Discus and support Start menu, taskbar and Action Center not as translucent as they should be in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Even after turning on "Transparency effects", the Start menu, taskbar and Action Center are not as transparent as they should be like the other ones on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pratham Shanbhag, May 29, 2020.

1. Start menu, taskbar and Action Center not as translucent as they should be

Even after turning on "Transparency effects", the Start menu, taskbar and Action Center are not as transparent as they should be like the other ones on the internet. Even the Colors tab preview under Personalisation shows a more transparent start menu.

There is a difference when Transparency effects is On and Off but when on, it is not as transparent as it must work; it is closer to "solid color"

Another thing I noticed was the Action Center, while it's still opening, it is transparent but once fully opened, it is very less transparent. Screenshot below

This happens on both my Laptop and my Desktop. I am running 1909 on both.

Thank you.

Start menu, taskbar and Action Center not as translucent as they should be b711575d-1902-4dcb-9c94-2abec7c7734f?upload=true.jpg

:)

Pratham Shanbhag, May 29, 2020
  2. taward Win User

Action Center and Start Menu Continually Fail

Device: Surface Pro 4

Issue: Action Center and Start Menu continually fail.
    Symptoms: After an unpredictable amount of time, Action Center and Start Menu will not open using multiple prompts. Action Center will not respond to taskbar link or swipe from the right and Start Menu will not respond to task bar click or keyboard button.

Troubleshooting:
    • I have done several SFC scans (the first few found stuff and repaired it and subsequent runs find nothing)
    • I've done the DISM image restore health hocus pocus to no avail.
    • I've executed "Get-AppxPackage | % { Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppxManifest.xml" -verbose }" in an elevated powershell. This works, until it doesn't.
    EDIT: Nothing is working now for troubleshooting. Going to try a restart and see how long until it happens again.

​None of these are permanent solutions. Any ideas as what is causing this and how to stop it from happening?

taward, May 29, 2020
  3. idigweeds Win User
    In Windows 10 v 1709, why no transparency on Start Menu and Action Center, but present on Task Bar?

Here's an update on this issue as it pertains to my own experience. It would appear that there is, in fact, a very subtle translucence (bordering on opaque) present in the Start Menu and Action Center. This is quite hard to notice unless the background
    has large areas of light and dark.

The Task Bar, however, is clearly and obviously transparent. I thought it was supposed to have the Project Neon type translucence like the Start Menu and Action Center. I'm not sure what to make of it.

For the time being, I'm going to turn off the translucency/transparency feature.

idigweeds, May 29, 2020
  4. Teri_R Win User

Start menu, taskbar and Action Center not as translucent as they should be

Changing colors on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center

On the Personalization setting, I am not able to click open the option for changing colors on Taskbar, start and action center. What can I check to turn this option on? I am not tech savvy, so please give me step by step details. This is on Windows

Teri_R, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Start menu, taskbar and Action Center not as translucent as they should be

1. Start menu, taskbar and Action Center not as translucent as they should be - Similar Threads - Start menu taskbar

2. Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.: Hi,I can't for some reason I can't click on this. Could someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-taskbar-and-action-center-is-disabled/5ac4354a-0f68-4121-b503-c5b86434ca82
  3. Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.: Hi,I can't for some reason I can't click on this. Could someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-taskbar-and-action-center-is-disabled/5ac4354a-0f68-4121-b503-c5b86434ca82
  4. Can't access the start menu, or action center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't access the start menu, or action center: I bought MS Surface Book i5 from a pawn shop. I guess they wiped it and reset it. I can't access the start menu, action center, settings menu, theres no browsers, no apps, no cortana nothing. All i can really do is get a wifi connection and open windows store. It has Win 10...
  5. Changing colors on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing colors on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center: On the Personalization setting, I am not able to click open the option for changing colors on Taskbar, start and action center. What can I check to turn this option on? I am not tech savvy, so please give me step by step details. This is on Windows 10....
  6. "start, taskbar, and action center" but it is ghosted out

"start, taskbar, and action center" but it is ghosted out: Go to Start -> Settings -> Personalization-> Colors->Show accent color on the following surfaces->, then to Check the box "start, taskbar, and action center" but it is ghosted out....
  7. Start, Taskbar & Action Center Grayed Out

Start, Taskbar & Action Center Grayed Out: Hello There Lenovo Thinkpad S5 running W10 Home. Just about a week ago, I had a BIOS update from Lenovo's support site. Then without any delay, I found the Taskbar losing its custom set color to a grayish white. In the Personalization settings under the Color, I found the...
  8. action center in taskbar

action center in taskbar: in the taskbar it shows there is a notification from something but when I click on the message icon it comes up with the side bar that usually shows up but its blank and the selectable things come up such as all settings and ect....
  9. Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning

Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning: Please help, taskbar icons (Windows app icons e.g. edge, win store, calculator, win defender, etc.), that includes windows start menu and action center icosns does not function when you click. how to solve. thank you...
  10. Action Center and Start Menu Continually Fail

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center and Start Menu Continually Fail: Device: Surface Pro 4 OS: Fully Updated Windows 10 Issue: Action Center and Start Menu continually fail. Symptoms: After an unpredictable amount of time, Action Center and Start Menu will not open using multiple prompts. Action Center will not respond to taskbar link or...