Windows 10: Start menu, taskbar and Windows settings i can not open, what is the solution ??

Discus and support Start menu, taskbar and Windows settings i can not open, what is the solution ?? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello .. I have a problem with Windows 10 that I cannot open the Start menu and I cannot open Windows settings or updates. Even I cannot check files in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bahaa Monder, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Start menu, taskbar and Windows settings i can not open, what is the solution ??

Hello .. I have a problem with Windows 10 that I cannot open the Start menu and I cannot open Windows settings or updates. Even I cannot check files in an anti-virus program Please help I have been experiencing this problem for 15 days or more Please help

I tried to enter the settings through Windows Key + R + ms-settings:

Start menu, taskbar and Windows settings i can not open, what is the solution ?? [​IMG]I found this result ;
    Start menu, taskbar and Windows settings i can not open, what is the solution ?? [​IMG]

My Windows version :

Start menu, taskbar and Windows settings i can not open, what is the solution ?? [​IMG]

:)

Bahaa Monder, Oct 20, 2020

2. Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Start menu and settings both wont open.

Hello Robert,

As per the description of the issue, you are unable to open both Windows Settings and Start menu. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you perform troubleshooting. Here's an

article
    that you can go to. In here, you'll see solutions to resolve Start menu issues.

To resolve Windows Settings issue, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Open a command prompt windows.
    • Type sfc/scannow, and then hit Enter.
    • Once it's finished, restart the computer to check if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps above, kindly refer to this
    link
    for further troubleshooting.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Start menu, taskbar and Windows settings i can not open, what is the solution ??

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

Start menu, taskbar and Windows settings i can not open, what is the solution ??

1. Start menu, taskbar and Windows settings i can not open, what is the solution ?? - Similar Threads - Start menu taskbar

2. How can I open the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I open the start menu: My start menu will not open and neither will my email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-open-the-start-menu/2156f84c-6452-4863-aa91-15724f7ebf83
  3. How can I open the start menu

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I open the start menu: My start menu will not open and neither will my email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-open-the-start-menu/2156f84c-6452-4863-aa91-15724f7ebf83
  4. How can I open the start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Start menu will not open no matter what

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu will not open no matter what: After updating to the latest build of Windows 10 my start menu will no longer open. In event viewer these are the errors that show up when I try to open it.Faulting application name: StartMenuExperienceHost.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4fe0bcb3Faulting module name:...
  6. SOLUTION - Start menu disappears, start menu will not open [Solved]

SOLUTION - Start menu disappears, start menu will not open [Solved]: PROBLEM STATEMENT: All of the sudden one day the Start Menu in Win 10 stopped working, clicking the button or pressing the Win key had no effect. After spending hours exploring all manner of weird and wonderful *hacks* on the Internets to no effect I have stumbled across...
  7. I cannot open start menu and all the setting menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot open start menu and all the setting menu: It seems that all the setting menu crashed after I reset my computer. I clicked the button on the task bar, for instance, Cortana and start, and did not received any response. Nothing was displayed on the screen....
  8. I can´t open the Windows menu, start settings or start explorer on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can´t open the Windows menu, start settings or start explorer on Windows 10.: Hey. On one of my computers after doing a reset I can´t start up the windows menu, settings or internet explorer. When i did a sfc scan it gave me nothing but when i looked in the logg program for windows i found this. Loggnamn: Application Källa: Application...
  9. Can't open Settings or Start Menu, taskbar visible in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open Settings or Start Menu, taskbar visible in fullscreen: So yeah.. title? I don't know how or why it happened. One day, it just kinda did, without any possible explanation. Please help me fix these problems, they're the only reason I went and made an account here. I previously had issues with this system, but none were as annoying...
  10. Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu

Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu: Why are some tiles gray and others blue? Can I set DVD player and weather gray too? [img] 25482