Windows 10: Start Menu & Taskbar Freeze Event ID 2484

Discus and support Start Menu & Taskbar Freeze Event ID 2484 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since I ran the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Which I cannot rollback from) my taskbar and start menu will stop working after about 2-3 clicks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Radical924, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Start Menu & Taskbar Freeze Event ID 2484

Ever since I ran the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Which I cannot rollback from) my taskbar and start menu will stop working after about 2-3 clicks. This then requires me to restart explorer.exe from task manager. This issue is happening on all user accounts and even when I create a new user account. I checked event viewer and I noticed 2 errors that occur constantly:

Event ID's are both 2484

Anything I can do to fix this?

I have already tried "sfc /scannow", running the powershell command "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}", and I tried deleting the registry key "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\explorer.exe]
    "DisableExceptionChainValidation"=dword:00000003" [I restored it back]... and nothing worked.

I also noticed Microsoft Edge which took all but 2 seconds to load before now takes like 1 minute to load and it freezes and crashes when you try to use it.

:)

Radical924, Sep 19, 2016

2. Start Menu & Taskbar Freeze Event ID 2484 Since Anniversary Update What do I do to fix?

Alright so I attempted to run the command and "The remote procedure call failed"

(I corrected the way it is written so it works eg. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth)

I then attempted to try two other commands: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    AND DISM.exe /Online
    /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup both of which did not help... So I ended up repair upgrading my PC using the Media Creation Tool from Download Windows 10

This fixed my issue!

I appreciate the reply as it helped me get on the right track and repair upgrading fixed my PC! Hope this helps those with the same issue in the future.

Radical924, Sep 19, 2016
  3. RMZZ Win User
    Start Menu & Taskbar Freeze Event ID 2484 Since Anniversary Update What do I do to fix?

I, too, am experiencing Start Menu failure to open or Start Menu freezing up after opening, Settings menu taking about 30 seconds to open, and taskbar freeze up, all of which started occurring after I installed Windows 10 Anniversary update on 25 September
    2016. I was not experiencing any of these problems prior to Anniversary update installation.

Prior to Anniversary update, my PC had all latest critical and recommended Windows updates installed.

Current Windows 10 info: Version 1607 (Build 14393.187)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4960X CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 64.0 GB

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor.

I executed every DISM command mentioned in this thread, and each completed successfully. Also did the sfc /scannow, which found no system errors. After reboots, nothing fixed and issues continued.

On 26 September 2016, I reinstalled Windows 10 updates using the Media Creation Tool executable from the link Radical924 provided (Download Windows 10).

The updates re-installation successfully completed, but unlike Radical924's experience, the re-install did not fix the freeze up and slow opening issues and they continue to happen.

Errors consistently displaying in duplicate in Event Viewer>Windows Logs>Application include:

1. Package Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.14393.187_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy+App was terminated because it took too long to suspend.

2. Package windows.immersivecontrolpanel_6.2.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy+microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel was terminated because it took too long to suspend.

3, Package Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.7.0.14393_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy+CortanaUI was terminated because it took too long to suspend.

So what next?

4. Start Menu & Taskbar Freeze Event ID 2484

Ended up having to repair upgrade my PC using the Media Creation Tool from: Windows 10

Radical924, Sep 21, 2016
Thema:

Start Menu & Taskbar Freeze Event ID 2484

1. Start Menu & Taskbar Freeze Event ID 2484 - Similar Threads - Start Menu Taskbar

2. Start menu freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu freezes: The start menu freezes and its really pain I need to restart the computer since once it freeze the whole machine cant be access. I need hep on this. No updates pending on my machine so updates will not help. The only thing help is restarting the whole machine, but it is time...
  3. Start menu freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu freezes: The start menu freezes and its really pain I need to restart the computer since once it freeze the whole machine cant be access. I need hep on this. No updates pending on my machine so updates will not help. The only thing help is restarting the whole machine, but it is time...
  4. Start menu freezes

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. start menu and taskbar freezes everytime

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu and taskbar freezes everytime: After system restore my start menu and taskbar acting strange. It freezes everytime I open apps or click anything on the taskbar. It will show not responding. Any apps I tried it will show the same either windows apps or third party applications. I need help...
  6. start menu and taskbar freezes everytime

start menu and taskbar freezes everytime: After system restore my start menu and taskbar acting strange. It freezes everytime I open apps or click anything on the taskbar. It will show not responding. Any apps I tried it will show the same either windows apps or third party applications. I need help...
  7. start menu and taskbar freezes everytime

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Taskbar and Start menu

Taskbar and Start menu: Hello Microsoft Community! I want a problem solve to the taskber, the problem is that I want to know what is the main thing to what apps are pinned to the task bar and how are they organized, I want the same thing in the start menu, I have a 21H1 version of windows 10....
  9. Start Menu Freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu Freeze: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro. No incompatibilities were reported during that process and W10 worked fine on my primary user account. Several days after the install, I went to set up my wife's infrequently used second user. I got there...
  10. Event error ID 2484

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event error ID 2484: Hi guys, found an event viewer error ID 2484, obviously it has something to do with the Edge browser. Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell Date: 27/5/2017 3:24:10 PM Event ID: 2484 Task Category: (2400) Level: Error Keywords: (64),Process...