Windows 10: Start Menu, Taskbar in Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge mal functioning

Discus and support Start Menu, Taskbar in Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge mal functioning in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I found how to solve this problem but not the root cause of the problem. I tried most of the recommendations from Microsoft community like:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Danper_2019, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Start Menu, Taskbar in Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge mal functioning

Hello,

I found how to solve this problem but not the root cause of the problem. I tried most of the recommendations from Microsoft community like: restart windows, update windows and drivers, make a new admin account, make a fresh windows install three times, and much more.

I'm using two monitors, whenever I define the main display as the one connected to the VGA port, all the problems begin: Start menu and taskbar doesn't work, Microsoft Edge abort when try to log in to a website like Facebook or other.

So, to avoid the issue when using two or more displays just be sure the main display is not connected to the VGA port.

:)

Danper_2019, Feb 20, 2019
  2. jcswift16 Win User

Can't find Microsoft Edge in my apps

• Open Start menu, type Microsoft EDGE in the search bar.
    • Right click on Microsoft EDGE from the search results and click on Pin to start and Pin to taskbar. (If it is already pin to start and taskbar, no need to perform this step)
    • Now you will be able to open the EDGE browser form the Start menu by clicking on Windows start button and click on Microsoft EDGE from the Start menu.
    • You will be able to access the EDGE from the Taskbar also by clicking on the EDEG icon on the taskbar.
    - from someone at Microsoft

jcswift16, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Edge disappeared and start menu not working on Windows 10

Hello Richard,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can isolate the issue regarding Microsoft Edge and Start menu:

• Have you tried to searching in Cortana search to check if Edge can be located?
    • Besides powershell, what other troubleshooting steps have you performed?

In the meantime, you can download and run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter to isolate the issue on Edge.

We also suggest that you download and run the
    Start Menu troubleshooter to fix common Start menu issues.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Start Menu, Taskbar in Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge mal functioning

Windows Start Menu will not function properly. Cortana and Edge are gone from my main page

I already posted that I used troubleshooter and it can't fix the system and says that Cortana and another file needs to be lroperly loaded. How does this OS go from working fine to losing Cortana, the start menu function, edge and others in a day? What a
    disaster!

Normal_user0121, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Start Menu, Taskbar in Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge mal functioning

1. Start Menu, Taskbar in Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge mal functioning - Similar Threads - Start Menu Taskbar

2. Start menu and taskbar not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and taskbar not functioning: The start menu today is not working even taskbar does not respond and will make my Windows freeze however the strange thing is the search box is working properly without problem. I can make searches and will provide result on the other hand start menu failed to launch every...
  3. Start menu and taskbar not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and taskbar not functioning: The start menu today is not working even taskbar does not respond and will make my Windows freeze however the strange thing is the search box is working properly without problem. I can make searches and will provide result on the other hand start menu failed to launch every...
  4. Start menu and taskbar not functioning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 mal function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 mal function: I think there is a mal-function on Windows 10 because I did not do anything for The Edge to appear on my screen it always appears when I start the computer. Could you please advice how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance...
  6. Windows 10 mal function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mal function: I think there is a mal-function on Windows 10 because I did not do anything for The Edge to appear on my screen it always appears when I start the computer. Could you please advice how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance...
  7. Windows 10 mal function

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. 2020! Edge icon missing, Start menu not functioning.

in Windows 10 Customization
    2020! Edge icon missing, Start menu not functioning.: Click START = Search bar disappears for a moment I have tried all the "fixes" listed for the since 2015 no luck. powershell Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  9. start menu and taskbar is not functioning

start menu and taskbar is not functioning: what should I do to fix the start menu and taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar-is-not-functioning/83811cce-2f9b-43de-9a33-7036cdec4a22
  10. Start menu functions

Start menu functions: I'm running latest version of Windows 10. After a recent update the "Search" option in the Start button doesn't work. Also I've discovered that the "Command Prompt" and "Command Prompt (Admin)" don't work. I've looked around to try and reinstall the start menu but without...