Windows 10: Start Menu text is Black

Discus and support Start Menu text is Black in Cortana to solve the problem; Hey y'all, To give a bit of background, I had to clone and replace my SSD due to an issue with the SATA connector. I had no issues with the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by LG_27, May 29, 2019.

1. LG_27 Win User

Start Menu text is Black

Hey y'all,

To give a bit of background, I had to clone and replace my SSD due to an issue with the SATA connector. I had no issues with the search/start menu before this.

Whether I have the theme in Light or Dark Mode, when I search something on Cortana it looks like this:

Start Menu text is Black 28aca7d6-d793-4847-afe5-4f7b13392bd0?upload=true.png

I reinstalled my Nvidia drivers (Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti) and tried to mess around with the 3D settings but I'm not sure where to go from here.

Help? Thanks lol

:)

LG_27, May 29, 2019
  2. DarkBee Win User

Right-click Start menu and it's white text on black

It looks like this:

Start Menu text is Black [​IMG]

Anyone know how to make this white on black text or transparent.

Also the title bars in notepad etc are not transparent

DarkBee, May 29, 2019
  3. mutant entry in Start: ms-resource:AppName/Text

Hi Watson,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

We would suggest you to follow the below step and let us know if that helps you.

Check for the mutant file "ms-resource:AppName/Text".
    and delete it from the below location.

• C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 29, 2019
  4. Start Menu text is Black

Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Start Menu text is Black

1. Start Menu text is Black - Similar Threads - Start Menu text

2. Start Menu icons and text shrinks for no reason.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu icons and text shrinks for no reason.: Hi all, since an update earlier today, my Start Menu has decided to resize the icons and shrink down the fonts to almost for me unreadable size. I have tried a fix that I found on here and it did work for about half an hour then it went back to its current state. Another...
  3. Color of text in windows taskbar and start menu

Color of text in windows taskbar and start menu: I want to change the color of icons on taskbar and windows start menu's text also to black without changing my theme. It is very hard to read icons and start menu's text in white color. Image above for reference. Is it possible? If yes then please assist me....
  4. Start Menu Text

Start Menu Text: How do I restore the text in my Start menu when it disappeared after an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-text/e070086c-126a-44c1-9fea-35a67ac46e7f
  5. Start menu text color

Start menu text color: good morning, im not sure if this has been posted and solved, but i have a hard time reading the start menu text..i even changed the default app mode from dark to light. and i cant figure out how to change the color of the text. any help would be appreciated thankyou in...
  6. Is there a way to disable the 'New' text in the Start Menu?

Is there a way to disable the 'New' text in the Start Menu?: When a new program is installed it displays 'New' next to it and next to 'all apps' in the start menu, any way to disable? Thanks 16739
  7. Right-click Start menu and it's white text on black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right-click Start menu and it's white text on black: It looks like this: [img] Anyone know how to make this white on black text or transparent. Also the title bars in notepad etc are not transparent 47417
  8. Grey text on start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Grey text on start menu?: After latest cumulative update I notice loads of my start menu entries are written in grey. Most are white but there are quite a few in grey. They still seem to launch ok but this is very odd. Rebooting seems to return many of the text entries to white but then slowly more...
  9. start menu has green text /filter on

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu has green text /filter on: Hello, Can any one help me please, it appears some how with out knowing I have a colour filter on that makes start menu text /icons in green, how do I revert back to normal?? I am Win 10 Home 64 bit picture attached Thanks Charlie 90676
  10. Start menu text color issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu text color issue: Hello all. Just got a new laptop for my first experience with Win10, although I am near expert experience with Windows since Win95. I must say I have more appreciation for this than I did for Win8. Anyways, I have been having an issue I am hoping I can find a solution to. I...