Windows 10: Start Menu Tile Troubles

Discus and support Start Menu Tile Troubles in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Does anyone know how to make my Origin Tile show as the default colour, as I've not touched anything and it's gone black since I updated Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kuyenmotdivad, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Start Menu Tile Troubles

Hi,

Does anyone know how to make my Origin Tile show as the default colour, as I've not touched anything and it's gone black since I updated Windows 10.

See Screenshot.

Start Menu Tile Troubles [​IMG]

Thanks

:)

kuyenmotdivad, Feb 22, 2016
  2. cchip98 Win User

Unable to removed pinned item from start menu

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro (August 7th 2015) and have been creating tiles for the start menu. When I first opened the start menu I removed all of the default live tiles so I could make my own custom tiles, I successfully
    created custom tiles linked to a custom library.

However, I have now decided I wish to remove this tile and am unable to do so, when I select unpin from start menu the item does not remove whatsoever. When I created the tile I did so in the following manner:

1. Created a shortcut to the library on my desktop

2. Right clicked, and selected 'Pin to Start'

3. Opened the start menu and it was there

This single tile is causing great trouble for me as I am unable to fully customise my start menu, especially as it is in the way of other tiles I wish to create.

cchip98, Feb 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Pro Creators Fall Update - Edge

Ran the Start Menu trouble-shooter, it reported "Tile Database Corrupt - Not Fixed", after which problem persists.

Restarted Explorer, problem persists.

Uninstalled display driver and after restarting panicked as Start Menu not working at all, restarted again and that now seems OK but still cannot pin Edge to taskbar.

Canarytops, Feb 22, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Start Menu Tile Troubles

Left click at Start button > left side, click Settings > select Personalization > left side, click Colors > right side, under Choose your accent color, select a color of your choice > scroll past Colors > under Show color on Start Taskbar, Action Center and Title Bar, make sure it is turned On.
    Exit Personalization window.
    That's it.

Does that work for you ?

davidhk, Feb 22, 2016
  5. No luck, I'll try uninstalling Origin then reinstall.

6. Edwin New Member
    'Origin', like many other programs, has their own tile, or a manifest pointing to a certain tile color scheme.
    You'd have to edit the manifest and provide your own image; @Cliff S would be the one to see about how to accomplish this.

Edwin, Feb 22, 2016
  7. Noticed that Edwin when I posted the 2nd time, thanks - Hoping it works on reboot.

8. Edwin New Member

Start Menu Tile Troubles

It's a little more complicated than you may think. Follow these points to the letter, and in this order:
    1. Google and download an Origin transparent logo image, png, 256x256 will do,
    2. Modify it's color in Paint,
    3. Name it Origin.png and put it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin,
    4. Copy the Origin.VisualElementsManifest.xml to your desktop, edit the BackgroundColor then re-merge it to the folder,
    5. In the Start Menu/All apps, right click on Origin/More/Open file location, go there and delete the shortcut, (make sure the Origin tile is not pinned to the Start Screen)
    6. Go back to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on the Origin.exe and choose Pin to Start.

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu Tile Troubles

1. Start Menu Tile Troubles - Similar Threads - Start Menu Tile

2. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  3. Start menu trouble

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu trouble: For awhile now my start menu has looked like this, and I've been trying to get the default start menu back. I've tried resetting my start menu among other things, but it always seems to just jump back to this look for some reason. Any ideas? Thanks submitted by...
  4. Start Menu Tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Tiles: Hi, I really like the original factory start menu view with all of the tiles. I did someting and now when I click start menu I only get cortona to come up. Is there a fix for this? I know it is likely something easy.... Help!...
  5. START MENUE TILES

START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  6. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  7. Trouble with the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble with the Start Menu: Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. I've been working with Windows 10 for about 6 months, and there's still some features I had on Windows 7 that I simply cannot get functioning properly here. It's become deeply frustrating. I really want Windows 10 to...
  8. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  9. Start Menu Trouble

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Trouble: Hi, Since the last 2 updates Windows 10 (101xx and 10130), my start menu from time-to-time does not show right (See screenshot), any idea whats wrong? Thanks 6507
  10. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326