Windows 10: Start menu tiles are refreshing after reboot.

Discus and support Start menu tiles are refreshing after reboot. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ever since i reinstalled windows ive been having a problem with the start menu. My tiles are refreshing after i reboot no matter if i unpin them or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sarvity, Jan 13, 2019.

1. sarvity Win User

Start menu tiles are refreshing after reboot.

Ever since i reinstalled windows ive been having a problem with the start menu.

My tiles are refreshing after i reboot no matter if i unpin them or replace them with another tile / app

every time i restart my computer i am greeted with the default tiles given by microsoft.

How do I allow for my computer to not refresh my tiles every time i reboot.

I am unable to customize my tiles because they just refresh every time i restart.

:)

sarvity, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Aakster Win User

Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds

After upgrading to Office 2016, I have noticed that the start menu tiles lost their colorful backgrounds and were reverted back to the accent color. Here is how to fix that so the tiles have colored backgrounds.

This guide shows you go to go from this:
    Attachment 113103
    To this:
    Attachment 113105

Step 1
    Navigate to your Start Menu folder
    Typically can be found at: "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

Step 2
    Find the shortcut for one of the Office suite apps and rename it to anything you want.

Step 3
    Reopen the Start Menu, the page will refresh and the tile will now be colored (assuming you have pinned it on the front page)

Step 4 (Optional)
    Rename the shortcut back to its original name, the tile will still remain colored.

Enjoy *Wink

Aakster, Jan 13, 2019
  3. start menue

We appreciate your response and the information provided. We suggest that you follow these troubleshooting steps and see if they help:

• Start a CMD window (Windows-X, Command Prompt)
    • Then type in C:\windows\system32\tdlrecover.exe -reregister -resetlayout -resetcache

Reboot is not required but a quick reboot may clear up any residual issues after the command is run.

Disclaimer: Corruption recovery removes any manual pins from
    Start menu
    . Apps should still be visible, but you’ll need to re-pin any secondary tiles and/or pin app tiles to the main Start view.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Neilg Win User

how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Start menu tiles are refreshing after reboot. - Similar Threads - Start menu tiles

2. Win10: Start Menu Tiles get restored/re-arranged after reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10: Start Menu Tiles get restored/re-arranged after reboot: I've searched for this and could only find something similar but it didn't help despite following A.User's steps mentioned there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tiles-in-windows-10-start-menu-repeatedly-messed/76f4a919-0b70-4f75-a71a-a79bca0e3763 When...
  3. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  4. Start Menu Tiles

Start Menu Tiles: Hi, I really like the original factory start menu view with all of the tiles. I did someting and now when I click start menu I only get cortona to come up. Is there a fix for this? I know it is likely something easy.... Help!...
  5. START MENUE TILES

START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  6. Start menu tiles greying out after a reboot

Start menu tiles greying out after a reboot: Is anyone else having this problem? Whenever I reboot, some of my Start menu apps tiles are resized and greyed out. Manually resizing them and repositioning them is a workaround but that shoudn't be necessary in the first place. Seems like a simple problem with a hopefully...
  7. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  8. Start menu tiles invisible, reappear after reboot or sign-in

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu tiles invisible, reappear after reboot or sign-in: This is on a custom-built machine upgraded from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro. See screenshot. Left my computer idle for a while. Came back to that on the start screen. This also happened last night under the same seemingly random conditions. Unsure of what caused it, but logging out and...
  9. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  10. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326