Windows 10: Start Menu Tiles Intermittently Gitch And Overlap - Temporarily Fixed by Rebooting

Discus and support Start Menu Tiles Intermittently Gitch And Overlap - Temporarily Fixed by Rebooting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having this issue intermittently for a few years now across multiple Windows 10 devices. I use the full screen Start menu option and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MillerDev, Jul 11, 2020.

1. MillerDev Win User

Start Menu Tiles Intermittently Gitch And Overlap - Temporarily Fixed by Rebooting

Hello,

I've been having this issue intermittently for a few years now across multiple Windows 10 devices. I use the full screen Start menu option and organize all my tiles into groups. You'll notice in the screenshot below that the tile groups for Games, Lego, and Quick Links are overlapping the groups above. This is not how I set it up. A reboot will fix this, but it's super annoying. Any solutions?

Windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.900 issue existed on older versions as well.

Thanks!

Start Menu Tiles Intermittently Gitch And Overlap - Temporarily Fixed by Rebooting [​IMG]

:)

MillerDev, Jul 11, 2020
  2. HairyFool Win User

Tiles in Start Menu overlapping

Mostly after a restart the Start Menu tiles overlap.

The top row is pushed down so it ends up unintelligible, this includes the tile group titles.

My workaround is to hold down on a lower tile to enter Start Menu edit mode when the top row springs up into the correct position. When I then exit edit mode they remain where they should.

Version 1903 (18362.387) Surface Pro6

HairyFool, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Blaine Win User
    Tiles in start menu intermittently become blank

Randomly, some of the app tiles in the start menu become blank. It's the same set of tiles for the most part. Every once and awhile, it decides to change to a different set. This is a new computer. I'm using the start menu full screen. Build 15063. The issue is not isolated to Windows 10 applications.

The following temporarily resolve the issue:

• Restarting the explorer.exe process
    • Rebooting the computer
    • Deleting the file at C:\Users[usrname]\AppData\Local\IconCache.db
    • Unpinning and repinning to start fixes that specific application tile.
    • Resizing fixes that specific app tile

The problem reappears seemingly at random after an aggravatingly short period of time (1-10 mins).

I wonder if it's related to this: There's a random Windows "dong" sound whenever I resume from sleep or boot up.

Start Menu Tiles Intermittently Gitch And Overlap - Temporarily Fixed by Rebooting U2Vvv.jpg

Blaine, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Start Menu Tiles Intermittently Gitch And Overlap - Temporarily Fixed by Rebooting

Overlapping Tiles in start menu

Photos tile is not of proper size and is overlapping upon other tiles. Please fix these issue.

Start Menu Tiles Intermittently Gitch And Overlap - Temporarily Fixed by Rebooting 78f1af88-8772-4f42-b33b-3f0b10a6d833?upload=true.png

NikunjGoyal, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Start Menu Tiles Intermittently Gitch And Overlap - Temporarily Fixed by Rebooting

1. Start Menu Tiles Intermittently Gitch And Overlap - Temporarily Fixed by Rebooting - Similar Threads - Start Menu Tiles

2. Start menu tiles overlapping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu tiles overlapping: Has anyone had this issue? I haven't found much online other than someone suggesting it might be the files are damaged (which seems like a big leap). submitted by /u/MastaRolls [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hmc47d/start_menu_tiles_overlapping/
  3. Tiles overlapping on start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiles overlapping on start menu: Hello, this happened after having installed MS Edge Bêta (based on Chromium Project). [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tiles-overlapping-on-start-menu/ba2836e0-c890-493f-b45d-e6118b3aade2
  4. Tiles in Start Menu overlapping

Tiles in Start Menu overlapping: Mostly after a restart the Start Menu tiles overlap. The top row is pushed down so it ends up unintelligible, this includes the tile group titles. My workaround is to hold down on a lower tile to enter Start Menu edit mode when the top row springs up into the correct...
  5. Overlapping Tiles in start menu

Overlapping Tiles in start menu: Photos tile is not of proper size and is overlapping upon other tiles. Please fix these issue. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/overlapping-tiles-in-start-menu/f2ac09e2-ba7e-4daf-9778-5f633d3b6679
  6. Start menu tiles are refreshing after reboot.

Start menu tiles are refreshing after reboot.: Ever since i reinstalled windows ive been having a problem with the start menu. My tiles are refreshing after i reboot no matter if i unpin them or replace them with another tile / app every time i restart my computer i am greeted with the default tiles given by microsoft....
  7. Start menu tiles greying out after a reboot

Start menu tiles greying out after a reboot: Is anyone else having this problem? Whenever I reboot, some of my Start menu apps tiles are resized and greyed out. Manually resizing them and repositioning them is a workaround but that shoudn't be necessary in the first place. Seems like a simple problem with a hopefully...
  8. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  9. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  10. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326