Windows 10: Start menu tiles overlapping

Discus and support Start menu tiles overlapping in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Has anyone had this issue? I haven't found much online other than someone suggesting it might be the files are damaged (which seems like a big leap).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MastaRolls, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Start menu tiles overlapping

Has anyone had this issue? I haven't found much online other than someone suggesting it might be the files are damaged (which seems like a big leap).

submitted by /u/MastaRolls
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MastaRolls, Jul 6, 2020
  2. HairyFool Win User

Tiles in Start Menu overlapping

Mostly after a restart the Start Menu tiles overlap.

The top row is pushed down so it ends up unintelligible, this includes the tile group titles.

My workaround is to hold down on a lower tile to enter Start Menu edit mode when the top row springs up into the correct position. When I then exit edit mode they remain where they should.

Version 1903 (18362.387) Surface Pro6

HairyFool, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Overlapping Tiles in start menu

Photos tile is not of proper size and is overlapping upon other tiles. Please fix these issue.

Start menu tiles overlapping 78f1af88-8772-4f42-b33b-3f0b10a6d833?upload=true.png

NikunjGoyal, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Neilg Win User

Start menu tiles overlapping

how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Start menu tiles overlapping

1. Start menu tiles overlapping - Similar Threads - Start menu tiles

2. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  3. Start Menu Tiles Intermittently Gitch And Overlap - Temporarily Fixed by Rebooting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Tiles Intermittently Gitch And Overlap - Temporarily Fixed by Rebooting: Hello, I've been having this issue intermittently for a few years now across multiple Windows 10 devices. I use the full screen Start menu option and organize all my tiles into groups. You'll notice in the screenshot below that the tile groups for Games, Lego, and Quick...
  4. Tiles overlapping on start menu

Tiles overlapping on start menu: Hello, this happened after having installed MS Edge Bêta (based on Chromium Project). [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tiles-overlapping-on-start-menu/ba2836e0-c890-493f-b45d-e6118b3aade2
  5. Tiles in Start Menu overlapping

Tiles in Start Menu overlapping: Mostly after a restart the Start Menu tiles overlap. The top row is pushed down so it ends up unintelligible, this includes the tile group titles. My workaround is to hold down on a lower tile to enter Start Menu edit mode when the top row springs up into the correct...
  6. Overlapping Tiles in start menu

Overlapping Tiles in start menu: Photos tile is not of proper size and is overlapping upon other tiles. Please fix these issue. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/overlapping-tiles-in-start-menu/f2ac09e2-ba7e-4daf-9778-5f633d3b6679
  7. START MENUE TILES

START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  8. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  9. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  10. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326