Windows 10: Start Menu tiles will not open

Discus and support Start Menu tiles will not open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I touch any tile the screen clears and returns to the start screen again. Have restarted tablet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HollyOrchard, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Start Menu tiles will not open

When I touch any tile the screen clears and returns to the start screen again. Have restarted tablet

:)

HollyOrchard, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Trapper Win User

Start menu tiles and Notification/Open Action Centre dissappeared!

Strange, my start menu left click that used to open the coloured start menu with 'tiles' has stopped working. I can only right click to access the 'grey' listing. If I do left click I see the blue spinning wheel for a couple of seconds but nothing appears.
    Also the icon for 'New Notifications' has stopped as well, when clicked I used to see a slide out popup asking me if I would recommend W10 to a friend but not now. If I right click to 'Open Action Centre' nothing happens.

Any suggestions as to how to fix them?

Many thanks.

Trapper, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Neilg Win User
    how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Start Menu tiles will not open

Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Start Menu tiles will not open

1. Start Menu tiles will not open - Similar Threads - Start Menu tiles

2. Start menu weather tile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu weather tile: My start menu weather tile displayed temps and so forth when this installation of Win 10 was new (about four days ago). I didn't mess with it because I kind of liked it there. But now it is just a turquoise coloured tile...no information at all...and when I click on it it...
  3. START MENUE TILES

in Windows 10 Customization
    START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  4. Start Menu Tile Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Tile Problem: I have a number of computers and I regularly fix and maintain a number of others. Yesterday, I rebuilt a laptop with the latest OS build 17134.167 and, as usual, I delete quite a number of tiles from the start menu and then add a couple of my own. To my amazement, all the...
  5. Start Menu Tile Troubles

Start Menu Tile Troubles: Hi, Does anyone know how to make my Origin Tile show as the default colour, as I've not touched anything and it's gone black since I updated Windows 10. See Screenshot. [img] Thanks 41806
  6. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  7. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  8. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326
  9. Start Menu (Remove Tiles)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu (Remove Tiles): Hey all, I beta tested Windows 10 several months back, previous to the version I tested, if you removed all the pined tiles from the start menu, it would look more like the conventional start menu. However in the few version I tested, even if you unpinned all the tiles,...
  10. Start Menu tiles darkening

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles darkening: This happens when I click "All Apps" in the Start menu followed by scrolling/clicking. The icons also get pixelated and blurry. The issue seemed to be related to Intel HD4600 graphic as the issue did not surface when I disabled it and run solely on discrete GPU on my laptop....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does clicking start menu tiles not open app