Windows 10: Start Menu tiles

Discus and support Start Menu tiles in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Geforce, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Geforce Win User

Start Menu tiles

I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop.
    How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work )

:)

Geforce, Nov 8, 2016
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

Start menu problem

Hi!

How are you trying to add tiles? Pinning to start menu is the common approach. Right click app and select pin to start menu. If your tile side of start menu is full turn on Show more tiles.

Teddy2016, Nov 8, 2016
  3. Susan Bradley - volunteer here not a MS employee, Nov 8, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Start Menu tiles

Welcome to TenForums!

I hadn't realised you could do that! I've just created a Test account to log into and try it out. The answer I found is that you should right-click on the Mail tile on the Desktop and select 'Unpin from Start'. Now right-click on it again and select 'Pin to Start'.

Once it's back on the Start menu you can right-click on the Desktop one and delete it (or leave it there as as an alternative way to get to Mail, if you wish).

Bree, Nov 8, 2016
  5. Geforce Win User
    Thanks for the help Bree

Geforce, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu tiles

1. Start Menu tiles - Similar Threads - Start Menu tiles

2. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  3. start menu pinned tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu pinned tiles: when ever i close everything i cant see anything in desktop apps because start menu pinned tiles wont close??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-tiles/e0987182-f335-48a0-ab83-c7f1a213dfbd
  4. Start Menu Tiles

Start Menu Tiles: Hi, I really like the original factory start menu view with all of the tiles. I did someting and now when I click start menu I only get cortona to come up. Is there a fix for this? I know it is likely something easy.... Help!...
  5. START MENUE TILES

START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  6. Start Menu Tile Troubles

Start Menu Tile Troubles: Hi, Does anyone know how to make my Origin Tile show as the default colour, as I've not touched anything and it's gone black since I updated Windows 10. See Screenshot. [img] Thanks 41806
  7. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  8. start menu tile colors

start menu tile colors: I've scanned to find information on changing the tile colors and found nothing. Is there a way to change the start menu tile colors so they're not the same? Windows 8.1 had different color tiles but Windows 10 has most of them the same. Thanks 17729
  9. Custom start menu tile

Custom start menu tile: I just installed the latest version of Dropbox (desktop, not app) and realised that they are able to have a nice looking start menu tile. Any ideas on how to replicate this effect for my other start menu shortcuts? [img] For instance, the Dropbox icon doesn't look too...
  10. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379