Windows 10: Start menu to get faster and better in Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Discus and support Start menu to get faster and better in Windows 10 May 2019 Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) is around the corners and the debut of the next update will also bring some new refinements to the Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 20, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Start menu to get faster and better in Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) is around the corners and the debut of the next update will also bring some new refinements to the Start menu. The improvements are not as substantial as the ones in the initial updates of Windows 10, though the refinements should improve the experience and performance.

Windows 10 May 2019 Update’s default Start layout has been streamlined on new devices, new installations and new user account. This means if you clean install Windows 10 or create a new user account, the default layout of the Start menu would feature a cleaner, sleek, one-column design with fewer tiles.

There are several other important changes that Windows 10 May 2019 Update will bring to the Start menu, including improved performance.

Ability to clean up Start quickly

Microsoft isn’t changing the UI of Start Menu, but the company has implemented one highly-requested feature: the ability to unpin a folder or group of tiles.

Start menu to get faster and better in Windows 10 May 2019 Update Star-menu-unpin-group.jpg
    Image Courtesy: Microsoft

Microsoft understands managing multiple tiles could be a time-consuming task. Windows 10 May 2019 Update will allow you to configure your tiles even faster by allowing you to unpin all tiles that are in a group.

Ability to uninstall built-in apps

In Windows 10 May 2019 Update, Microsoft has doubled the number of pre-installed apps that can be removed. This means you can open the Start menu, head to the all apps list, right-click on the pre-installed app and uninstall it.

Fluent Design and other improvements

Start menu to get faster and better in Windows 10 May 2019 Update Start-menu-navigation-pane.jpg
    Image Courtesy: Microsoft

Windows 10 version 1903 also brings Fluent Design elements to the left navigation pane in Start where the power button lives. In addition to Fluent Design, the navigation pane will also expand when you hover the mouse over the button labels, making it easier for users to understand the functionality of the icons.

You’ll also notice an orange indicator on the power button when there’s a pending update that requires a reboot to finish the installation.

Performance improvements

Windows 10 19H1 update creates a separate process for the Start menu experience that would have a deeper impact on overall reliability. In earlier versions of Windows 10, Start has been part of the broader Shell experience which impacted its performance in some cases.

In Windows 10 October 2018 Update or older, when anything slows down the Explorer process, the Start menu is also hit with performance and reliability issues.

The next update will move Start to its own process, delivering improved performance and addressing reliability concerns. With its own process in place, Start will open significantly faster and interestingly, these improvements will also contribute to performance improvements for the entire OS.

The process of Start menu is called ‘StartMenuExperienceHost’ and you will see it in the Windows Task Manager.

“Moving Start into its own app, while of course still feeling integrated into the Shell, provided users with several benefits. By insulating Start from potential issues impacting other surfaces, Insiders saw measurable improvements in Start reliability,” Microsoft explains.

Windows 10 May 2019 Update doesn’t bring too many new features to the Start menu, but it’s pretty clear that Microsoft is looking into different ways to improve the performance of the Start and the entire operating system.

The post Start menu to get faster and better in Windows 10 May 2019 Update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 20, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Apr 20, 2019
  3. scevism Win User
    scevism, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Jetster Win User

Jetster, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Start menu to get faster and better in Windows 10 May 2019 Update - Similar Threads - Start menu faster

2. Windows 10 May 2020 Update gets new Start Menu, but there’s a catch

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update gets new Start Menu, but there’s a catch: The new Start Menu redesign, which was originally supposed to arrive with Windows 10 21H1 update in the spring of 2021, is now available in May 2020 Update (version 2004), but it’s hidden and it needs to be enabled by tweaking Windows Registry. Windows 10 Start Menu redesign...
  3. How to get back the colored Taskbar and Start Menu after May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get back the colored Taskbar and Start Menu after May 2019 Update: In Version 1903 they changed the default Light color mode to light grey, but this color can be changed by going into Settings > Personalization > Colors and changing the top dropdown menu labeled "Color" to Custom mode. Below that you must then change the Default Windows...
  4. Windows 10 taskbar and start menu not working after May 2019 update 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 taskbar and start menu not working after May 2019 update 1903: Tried a few of the suggested fixes found on this site and elsewhere but nothing has worked. I don't have dev profile activated, yes I have firewall running, no I haven't installed any other software other than the update to make this happen.... This is a bone stock W10...
  5. How to get Windows May 2019 Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get Windows May 2019 Update?: My laptop is on build 1809. I ran Windows Update but did not get the New Version. I found that I could download the new build using the update assistant: [img] The downloaded file already exists on my pc - I keep all my downloads in a download map - since 7/12/18 so this...
  6. May 2019 update on windows 10

May 2019 update on windows 10: I did the may 2019 update: next day when I tried to sign on, windows does not recognize my password, opens as if I am a new Microsoft/windows account ( home screen with a window) and all folders/photos (and some apps) missing. I'm asked to set up new account because it says...
  7. Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Windows 10 May 2019 Update: [ATTACH]Hello, I am using Windows 10 and currently on version 1809 May 2019 update. While everyone else is on Version 1903 May 2019 update. Why am i still stuck on Windows 10 Version 1809 while other people are on Windows 10 Version 1903?...
  8. Microsoft starts Windows 10 May 2019 Update rollout

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft starts Windows 10 May 2019 Update rollout: Microsoft revealed yesterday evening that it has started the rollout of the new feature update for its Windows 10 operating system called the May 2019 Update or Windows 10 version 1903. Microsoft delayed the release of the new feature update for the operating system to take...
  9. How to get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    How to get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update: In early April, we announced enhancements to the Windows update process to improve the user experience with more control, transparency, and the initial availability of the Windows 10 May 2019 Update through the Windows Insider Program’s Release Preview ring to focus on and...
  10. How Windows 10 May 2019 Update makes Windows Search better

in Windows 10 News
    How Windows 10 May 2019 Update makes Windows Search better: Windows 10 does a great job of allowing you to find your apps, settings, pictures, and even web items from the search box. But the search box does not show results from all local storages. Microsoft’s Windows 10 May 2019 Update adds a new feature that dramatically improves...