Windows 10: Start Menu troubleshooter says Tile Database is corrupt?

Discus and support Start Menu troubleshooter says Tile Database is corrupt? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As referred to in the title, SMT tells me the Tile Database is corrupt, but nothing appears to be wrong with it, and no repairs I've tried have fixed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wynter Foxx, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Start Menu troubleshooter says Tile Database is corrupt?

As referred to in the title, SMT tells me the Tile Database is corrupt, but nothing appears to be wrong with it, and no repairs I've tried have fixed the issue.

:)

Wynter Foxx, Sep 7, 2018
  2. oxonsi Win User

Start Menu corruption: "Tile database is corrupt"

Since updating Windows 10 to version 1803, I noticed that at the bottom of my Start Menu there is a category "Other" and one item under that category listed as "ms-resource:appDisplayName". When I click on it, it opens a page in Windows Store where I can check for app updates. I figured this is not quite right, so I downloaded and executed Microsoft's Start Menu troubleshooter. It came back with "tile database is corrupt" and "not fixed".

So I then researched and attempted some manual fixes on the tile database, but no success. This involved creating a new user account, and then copying and replacing the corrupted database with a clean database from the newly created user account. For whatever reasons, that did not change anything.

I have also successfully executed Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. And sfc /scannow reports no integrity violations.

I do not have any other issues with the Start Menu, so I think I can live with it as-is. But if there is a relatively easy way to repair it, I'd like to try.

I understand I could do a reset of my Windows 10 install, but that is more than I want to do to address this relatively minor issue.

Thanks for any info.

oxonsi, Sep 7, 2018
  3. oxonsi Win User
    Start Menu corruption: "Tile database is corrupt"

Thanks for your reply. I tried both methods, but unfortunately no success in fixing my tile database corruption.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Otherwise, I can live with the problem as-is since it is relatively minor.

oxonsi, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Start Menu troubleshooter says Tile Database is corrupt?

Start Menu Corrupted - ms-resource:appDisplayName

So after further searching , I found out the following odd facts :

Start Menu troubleshooter says Tile Database is corrupt? [​IMG]

So this is the odd app showing in start menu with several other missing apps .

Now few forums suggested this to be a sign of corruption example here .

So forums suggested too that there is a tool to fix corruptions called Start Menu Troubleshooter which wasn't easy to find .

Like always all MS Troubleshooters it managed to state the obvious :

So searching on for means to fix the corruption since Microsoft was vague enough about this I came across this page here :
    The odd thing is my old profile has an XML based setting file and empty database folder :

While new profile has no XML file but a database folder :

Any body came across these blahs before ?! @Brink think these are familiar ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu troubleshooter says Tile Database is corrupt?

1. Start Menu troubleshooter says Tile Database is corrupt? - Similar Threads - Start Menu troubleshooter

2. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  3. Windows 10 database & tiles in start menu.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 database & tiles in start menu.: I'm using a insider edition of Windows 10. I am building a customized version installation USB . However I am going to my own tiles and do away with the files list. What I would like to know is where are the shortcut files stored so they show up on the on the start menu?...
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu corrupted – Tile Database is corrupt

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Start Menu corrupted – Tile Database is corrupt: [ATTACH] [IMG]The Windows 10 Start Menu is quite a stable experience, but there are times when it can self–destruct for some reason and become corrupt. If this has happened to you in the past, then worry not because we‘re here to [...] This post Windows 10 Start Menu...
  5. Corrupt tile database

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Corrupt tile database: Having tried all reasonable suggestions I can find here and elsewhere, I've had to open this problem up as a new thread. My Start button/icon will not open my profile start menu/apps. Winver is Windows 10 Home 1902 (Build 18362.116). Checkdsk/SFC/DISM report no errors. ISO...
  6. Remove a corrupt tile from the W10 start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove a corrupt tile from the W10 start menu: A tile corrupted on the Start menu, and is not responsive to activation. The tile context menu only lists tile sizes and nothing else. I ran sfc /scannow and the system files are all OK. Cleared the IconCache.db as well as the Explorer, in the locations listed below and...
  7. Tile database corrupt?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tile database corrupt?: how did this even happen? this is so annoying and all the "fixes"' for it are pretty useless. Do I really have to reset everything? do I really have to make another user account and copy and no longer existing folder into my main account? Like how about just a hot fix...
  8. Windows 10 Tile Layer Database corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Tile Layer Database corrupted: Hello, For a few weeks I have been unable to open my start menu, notifications bar, and get an error when trying to update my computer. When creating a new user, the problems with the start menu and notifications bar go away. Based of 3rd party websites, I am led to believe...
  9. Start Menu corruption: "Tile database is corrupt"

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu corruption: "Tile database is corrupt": Since updating Windows 10 to version 1803, I noticed that at the bottom of my Start Menu there is a category "Other" and one item under that category listed as "ms-resource:appDisplayName". When I click on it, it opens a page in Windows Store where I can check for app...
  10. Start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows tile layer trouble shooter

2. tile database is corrupt start menu

3. start menu trouble shooter tile databse is corrupt

4. corruption pinned start database