Windows 10: Start Menu Unpin items like Voice recorder

Discus and support Start Menu Unpin items like Voice recorder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to unpin items like Voice recorder, which I would like to keep but move the shortcut into my audio editing folder. I have some other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by manintan, Dec 24, 2019.

1. manintan Win User

Start Menu Unpin items like Voice recorder

Is it possible to unpin items like Voice recorder, which I would like to keep but move the shortcut into my audio editing folder.

I have some other programs like alienware update, why cant those be unpinned and are they located anywhere that I could move them to another location instead of cluttering the start menu?

Also I cant seem to find if its possible to unpin settings, I dont need it there to be honest . I have it in many other places so i would like to unpin that but not uninstall it.

:)

manintan, Dec 24, 2019
  2. my_drive Win User

How can I remove the xbox and voice recorder items from the full windows 10 start menu?

How can I remove the xbox and voice recorder items from the full windows 10 start menu?

These items you cannot click and choose uninstall or unpin.

my_drive, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Master Win User
    Can't unpin/pin items in start menu

I tried and I still didn't have an option to pin/unpin anything.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll just wait for an update and see if it fixes it, if not I'll rollback to an earlier version of the update.

Master, Dec 24, 2019
  4. ArtP Win User

'Pin to Start' and 'Unpin from Start" items in Windows 10

Thanks Cliff. The first suggestion didn't work because the shortcut icon is not listed. The second easier suggestion didn't work because right-clicking does not include "Open File Location" as an option, only "Unpin from Start" and "Resize". Screenshots are included. "xmltobgl" is the culprit icon.

Start Menu Unpin items like Voice recorder [​IMG]

Start Menu Unpin items like Voice recorder [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Start Menu Unpin items like Voice recorder - Similar Threads - Start Menu Unpin

2. Unpin tiles from Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unpin tiles from Start menu: Hi, I have a question How can I unpin all tiles from the Start Menu using a batch script or registry editor in Windows 10 20H2 175931
  3. unpin start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    unpin start menu: i tried to reinstall my browser (firefox) so i uninstalled it but i can't unpin the shortcut i have in my start menu what's the solution? https://i.postimg.cc/5jc0DFvM/2.png forgot to add that when i click on it, nothing happens submitted by /u/djindjer [link]...
  4. Can't unpin from start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't unpin from start menu: A few months ago, I could unpin from start, but now when I unpin something, it comes back every time I shut down my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unpin-from-start-menu/84d8eb39-c74d-45d0-b093-e167399f8d17
  5. Voice recorder will not start up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice recorder will not start up?: Hello, My voice recorder worked a few weeks ago and now it just appears when I click the icon and then disappears? Can you assist with action to get it to open and stay open? Thank you!...
  6. Start menu items...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu items...: When I started up, then rechecked the standard News and weather apps. were not working in the START menu. They were working fine yesterday. 110222
  7. Can't unpin/pin items in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin/pin items in start menu: Hi, I've been using windows 10 for some time and I didn't have any problems until now, idk when the problem appeared or what caused it. I wanted to uninstall a program that I wasn't using, and it was pinned to my start menu tile, and I wanted to put something in that...
  8. Start menu problem "pin and unpin to start"

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problem "pin and unpin to start": Hi guys I work on win 10 pin to start & unpin to start was working normally and a few days ago i found that it's not exist anymore and when i perform a right click on a free space in start menu there's nothing happens [img] [img] [img] [img] 49409
  9. 'Pin to Start' and 'Unpin from Start" items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    'Pin to Start' and 'Unpin from Start" items in Windows 10: How to: 'Pin to Start' and 'Unpin from Start" items in Windows 10 [img] Information You can pin to Start any apps, contacts (People app), folders, drives, homegroup, library, network, and OneDrive so you can open them quickly, and see updates on live tiles for modern apps...
  10. Unpinning apps from the Start Menu ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unpinning apps from the Start Menu ?: So, am I just stupid or when I right click an app and choose "Unpin from Start" the app is still in the Start Menu and works no problem, am I just missing something or there is no way to get rid of pinned apps ? Also I read somewhere that when you right click a blank space...