Windows 10: Start Menu Very Slow to Appear and Quick Search Not Working

Discus and support Start Menu Very Slow to Appear and Quick Search Not Working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I click on the Windows 10 Start Menu icon, there is a 3-4 second delay before the start menu actually pops up. Also, typing once I'm in the start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jin Au-Yeung, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Start Menu Very Slow to Appear and Quick Search Not Working

When I click on the Windows 10 Start Menu icon, there is a 3-4 second delay before the start menu actually pops up. Also, typing once I'm in the start menu doesn't activate Quick Search like it's supposed to, Quick Search just doesn't show up at all. This problem began last week and persisted for a few days, then fixed itself after a Windows Update. I thought it was gone, but the problem has started occurring again today and there are no new Windows Updates available. The problem has persisted through restarts and after several commands I've found on other troubleshooting posts that I tried

:)

Jin Au-Yeung, Aug 16, 2022
  2. Marc_R. Win User

Start Menu Very Slow to Appear and Quick Search Not Working

I tried both of your suggestions, but after completing them and restarting, the problem is still occurring.

The Search and Indexing troubleshooter was unable to find any problems after multiple runs. I did both of the DISM commands you wrote, however they didn't seem to fix the issue. Here
    is the output
    after I used the scanning command.

I do not think it is an issue with performance because the quick search feature is completely broken, not just slow. Cortana, while I don't use it, also appears to be broken.

Here is a GIF of what I'm describing. Clicking on Cortana doesn't do anything, the Start Menu takes several seconds to appear, and there is no Quick Search
    when I start typing.

Marc_R., Aug 16, 2022
  3. Start Menu Search not working

Hi Dev,

I followed the above step, did not work for me. Searching in start menu is very slow. Please suggest appropriate solution.

Regards,

Bhavesh

BhaveshKirange, Aug 16, 2022
  4. Marc_R. Win User

When I click on the Windows 10 Start Menu icon, there is a 3-4 second delay before the start menu actually pops up. Also, typing once I'm in the start menu doesn't activate Quick Search like it's supposed to, Quick Search just doesn't show up at all.

This problem began last week and persisted for a few days, then fixed itself after a Windows Update. I thought it was gone, but the problem has started occurring again today and there are no new Windows Updates available. The problem has persisted through
    restarts and after several commands I've found on other troubleshooting posts that I tried running in PowerShell.

Any ideas on what this problem is and how I can fix it?

Marc_R., Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

1. Start Menu Very Slow to Appear and Quick Search Not Working - Similar Threads - Start Menu Very

2. Start Menu Very Slow to Appear and Quick Search Not Working

in Cortana
    Start Menu Very Slow to Appear and Quick Search Not Working: When I click on the Windows 10 Start Menu icon, there is a 3-4 second delay before the start menu actually pops up. Also, typing once I'm in the start menu doesn't activate Quick Search like it's supposed to, Quick Search just doesn't show up at all. This problem began last...
  3. Start Menu Very Slow to Appear and Quick Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Very Slow to Appear and Quick Search Not Working: When I click on the Windows 10 Start Menu icon, there is a 3-4 second delay before the start menu actually pops up. Also, typing once I'm in the start menu doesn't activate Quick Search like it's supposed to, Quick Search just doesn't show up at all. This problem began last...
  4. Start menu not working and search bar is very small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu not working and search bar is very small: So when i click on my start menu, it doesnt show anything and when i click my search bar its smaller than the normal size [ATTACH] I tried alot of things but nothing did work, maybe some suggestions?...
  5. Start menu shortcuts and settings not appearing in start menu search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu shortcuts and settings not appearing in start menu search: When I start for Windows settings, such as personalisation, nothing appears. Additionally, shortcuts located in these two locations %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs will not appear in my search. What I...
  6. Start menu shortcuts and settings not appearing in start menu search

in Cortana
    Start menu shortcuts and settings not appearing in start menu search: When I start for Windows settings, such as personalisation, nothing appears. Additionally, shortcuts located in these two locations %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs will not appear in my search. What I...
  7. start menu and search open very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    start menu and search open very slow: my start menu and search box opens very slowtakes around 30 seconds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-search-open-very-slow/ef400e7e-d10e-41e0-a791-dd5526887e32
  8. Win Start Quick search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Win Start Quick search not working: Hi can someone please help Win 10 Quick search isnt working at all? Normall when i hit the Start button i can start typing and it would isntantly start searching, but this appears to have stopped all together? Also when i click start it takes 3 seconds before the menu pops...
  9. Start Menu button is very slow and Search icon isn't working

in Cortana
    Start Menu button is very slow and Search icon isn't working: Recently i wanted to delete ''Windows.old'' and i chagned a little bit some permmisions to delete that folder, after that the Start Menu button became very slow and search box stopped working. Any help please?...
  10. taskbar and start menu very slow to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar and start menu very slow to open: Does any one have problems with items in taskbar and start menu very slow to open, examples Google Chrome, Opera, email client. It's taking close to a minute for programs to open. I'm running an insider preview. Version 1903, OS build 18965.1000 Wondering if anyone else is...