Windows 10: Start menu will not work after joining domain.

Discus and support Start menu will not work after joining domain. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As the title say the Start Menu will not work on accounts that are part of the domain. If I go to the local admin or local user I am able to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WillC_, Aug 19, 2020.

1. WillC_ Win User

Start menu will not work after joining domain.

As the title say the Start Menu will not work on accounts that are part of the domain. If I go to the local admin or local user I am able to use the start menu without any problems. This will only happen to this specific brand/model of laptop as every other device on the domain does not have this issue. please note I have been banging my head for the past 2 days looking at different forums with no result I might have tunnel vision at this point and may very well be inside a huge rabbit hole with the answer/solution staring right at my face.

This is on a windows 10 1909 version.

These are the commands from other threads that I have tried with no luck.

Open Regedit with administrator rights Give "read" permission to the "all application package" group on the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.

Get-AppXPackage Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}

SFC /SCANNOW or/and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

:)

WillC_, Aug 19, 2020
  2. samirkal Win User

Start Menu stopped working after joining to domain

Hi,

When I joined windows 10 pro to active directory domain, start menu stopped working also cortana and search.

What might be the problem.

Regards

samirkal, Aug 19, 2020
  3. GLuman Win User
    Joining Windows 10 Build 10130 to the domain the search and Start menu won't work.

Original title: Windows 10 Start menu

When I join my Windows 10 Build 10300 computer to the domain, the start menu and the search no longer work

GLuman, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Start menu will not work after joining domain.

Windows 10 Start Menu, Search and Task switcher not functioning after joining a domain

After joining my windows 10 pro machine to a server 2012R2 domain,, I cannot access the start menu, search or task switcher when logging in as a domain user (or domain admin). If I log in as a LOCAL user or with my @outlook.com account, everything works
    fine.

ReubenFischman, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Start menu will not work after joining domain.

1. Start menu will not work after joining domain. - Similar Threads - Start menu joining

2. Keyboard Stops Working After Joining Domain - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Stops Working After Joining Domain - Windows 10: So we have a weird issue with one of our HP laptops - running Windows 10 Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3803, I have actually just reinstalled Windows as I am really stumped with this issue.The user has been experiencing an issue where the keyboard randomly stops working some...
  3. Keyboard Stops Working After Joining Domain - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Stops Working After Joining Domain - Windows 10: So we have a weird issue with one of our HP laptops - running Windows 10 Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3803, I have actually just reinstalled Windows as I am really stumped with this issue.The user has been experiencing an issue where the keyboard randomly stops working some...
  4. Audio is not working after joining the domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio is not working after joining the domain: Hello Everyone,I'm following CIS MSServer 2022 Benchmark and applied some policy but not all.After completed all benchmark, then tried to join a clientPC to a domain, after joining the domain the policy take effect, and one of my problem is my audio is not working.Try to set...
  5. Audio is not working after joining the domain

Audio is not working after joining the domain: Hello Everyone,I'm following CIS MSServer 2022 Benchmark and applied some policy but not all.After completed all benchmark, then tried to join a clientPC to a domain, after joining the domain the policy take effect, and one of my problem is my audio is not working.Try to set...
  6. Windows 11 Start button / Search bar not working after joining to domain.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Start button / Search bar not working after joining to domain.: Windows 11 Start button / Search bar not working after joining to domain. But Prior it was working as per normal OOB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-start-button-search-bar-not-working/53497057-2bd1-4dae-ba1c-493147e512f2
  7. Windows 11 Start button / Search bar not working after joining to domain.

Windows 11 Start button / Search bar not working after joining to domain.: Windows 11 Start button / Search bar not working after joining to domain. But Prior it was working as per normal OOB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-start-button-search-bar-not-working/53497057-2bd1-4dae-ba1c-493147e512f2
  8. Windows 11 - Quick Settings not working after joining Domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Quick Settings not working after joining Domain: Hello, I have installed Windows 11 and all available updates on my laptop I now have Windows 11 version 10.0.22621. The Quick settings worked fine until I joined our domain. Now the quick settings can no longer be opened. I get the following error in the event viewer. AppName...
  9. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  10. Windows 20H2 Domain Join breaks Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 20H2 Domain Join breaks Start Menu: Upon doing a recovery of a system to start with a clean slate, it now installs 20H2. All looks good. Start menu and taskbar look normal. We then join it to our domain. Upon reboot, the start menu will not show the applications list. No option to expose it. Start menu...