Windows 10: Start Menu & Window Tabs only open on main Monitor?

Discus and support Start Menu & Window Tabs only open on main Monitor? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a 2 monitor setup, when I press the Windows Key the Start Menu only shows on the main Monitor also Tabs alt+tab only show on main too. Is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by espr3ss001, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Start Menu & Window Tabs only open on main Monitor?

I have a 2 monitor setup, when I press the Windows Key the Start Menu only shows on the main Monitor also Tabs alt+tab only show on main too. Is there a setting to alter this?

:)

espr3ss001, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Start Menu & Window Tabs only open on main Monitor?

Windows 10 Start Menu won't open.

Hi Dougie,

Corrupted system files could be one of the reason why Start Menu is not opening.

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps listed in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana
    see if it helps resolve the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Start Menu & Window Tabs only open on main Monitor?

1. Start Menu & Window Tabs only open on main Monitor? - Similar Threads - Start Menu Window

2. why does copilot only open on my main monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does copilot only open on my main monitor?: I have attached a imgur link to a screenshot of my desktop. I am clicking the co pilot button on that second monitor as the co pilot is clearly telling me in the response in the screenshot. however as the screenshot clearly shows EXCLUSIVELY opens in the main monitor. I guess...
  3. why does copilot only open on my main monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does copilot only open on my main monitor?: I have attached a imgur link to a screenshot of my desktop. I am clicking the co pilot button on that second monitor as the co pilot is clearly telling me in the response in the screenshot. however as the screenshot clearly shows EXCLUSIVELY opens in the main monitor. I guess...
  4. Windows main monitor opens not at full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows main monitor opens not at full screen: Recently, when I turn on windows, for about a solid inch on both the bottom and right of my screen is just black. The only way I make it properly full screen is when i open a game in fullscreen, then it reverts. Am I doing something wrong?...
  5. Windows main monitor opens not at full screen

Windows main monitor opens not at full screen: Recently, when I turn on windows, for about a solid inch on both the bottom and right of my screen is just black. The only way I make it properly full screen is when i open a game in fullscreen, then it reverts. Am I doing something wrong?...
  6. How to make Windows Start menu open on second monitor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make Windows Start menu open on second monitor.: So I recently got new monitors but whenever I press the windows key on my keyboard it opens on the main monitor in front of me, this interferes with my other apps and I wanted to know how to make it so that the start menu opens on the second monitor, it was working exactly...
  7. How to make Windows Start menu open on second monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Windows Start menu open on second monitor.: So I recently got new monitors but whenever I press the windows key on my keyboard it opens on the main monitor in front of me, this interferes with my other apps and I wanted to know how to make it so that the start menu opens on the second monitor, it was working exactly...
  8. How to make Windows Start menu open on second monitor.

9. Opening programs on the extended monitor but not the main monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening programs on the extended monitor but not the main monitor: Hi all,I had the Windows 10 . My setup is a laptop with an extra monitor which set as Extended Display.The screen of the laptop is main screenNormally , the programs should be opened in the main screen. But I realized that sometimes the programs were opening in the extended...
  10. Start Menu - Open on Main or Last Display in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Start Menu - Open on Main or Last Display in Windows 10: How to: Start Menu - Open on Main or Last Display in Windows 10 How to Open Start Menu on Main or Last Display when pressing Windows key in Windows 10 [img] Information If you have more than one display connected to your PC, then you can set your Start menu to open on...