Windows 10: Start Menu, windows apps and settings wont work

Discus and support Start Menu, windows apps and settings wont work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having a problem on Windows 10 Pro 1903, the start menu, windows apps and settings will not work. When right clicking on the start menu and trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RamboMcMutNutts, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Start Menu, windows apps and settings wont work

I am having a problem on Windows 10 Pro 1903, the start menu, windows apps and settings will not work. When right clicking on the start menu and trying to open any settings options they open for a quick few seconds and then close straight away.
    It just started happening last night and restarting my PC doesn't fix the issue at all.

Any one encountered this problem or know of a fix?

Many thanks

:)

RamboMcMutNutts, Jun 28, 2019
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Start menu and settings both wont open.

Hello Robert,

As per the description of the issue, you are unable to open both Windows Settings and Start menu. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you perform troubleshooting. Here's an

article
    that you can go to. In here, you'll see solutions to resolve Start menu issues.

To resolve Windows Settings issue, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Open a command prompt windows.
    • Type sfc/scannow, and then hit Enter.
    • Once it's finished, restart the computer to check if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps above, kindly refer to this
    link
    for further troubleshooting.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Jun 28, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Start Menu, windows apps and settings wont work

START MENU,CORTANA,EDGE BROWSER AND IN-BUILT APPS NOT WORKING

Hi Aditya,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter from the below article and check if it helps.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: You may follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Start Menu, windows apps and settings wont work

1. Start Menu, windows apps and settings wont work - Similar Threads - Start Menu apps

2. start menu and other apps not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu and other apps not working: whenever I click on my start button a blue message pops up saying 'Critical Error' and it asks me to sign out. I also can't use the search bar, Spotify or even go into my settings. Is there something wrong with my PC or is it just some sort of a bug? I would appreciate it if...
  3. start menu on windows 10 wont start

start menu on windows 10 wont start: start menu is not functioning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-on-windows-10-wont-start/608b0ad1-f64f-408a-8b04-492465794afa
  4. Setting my Default Apps wont work for some apps.

Setting my Default Apps wont work for some apps.: Alright so i recently decided it was time to format windows as i usually do it once a year. So when i did everything worked just fine.. then i updated.. it set me on 1703 or so.. obviously it wasn't 1803 which was the latest released version when i formatted about a week...
  5. start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working

start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working: i have a surface pro 2017 i5 128GB very low responding and windows keep updating very often, so i decided to do a reset delete all files, i didn't do the backup since i think that setting etc was not best after reset, i found the start menu, setting menu, search, not...
  6. Windows Settings App wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Settings App wont open: After turning on the computer and attempting to open, the Settings app, Windows Updates and Uninstall or repair a program ( that's all i know of at this stage) they open a blank screen for ~3seconds then close. I have attempted the Powershell command line fix however have...
  7. Start menu wont open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu wont open: Good day. I bought my laptop with win 10 installed. Today I tried to shutdown but could not open start menu as neither the win key nor start button was working. Any suggestions ,please. 47294
  8. start menu settings

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu settings: is it possible to change the start menu settings for the number of items in the jump menus? when i go into the taskbar and navigation menu through the control panel, i don't get a tab to switch to the start menu's settings. 44421
  9. start menu wont open?

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu wont open?: why wont the start menu open? 18661
  10. Start Menu wont update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu wont update: I seem to be unable to add any more programs to the listings of my start menu. The issue arose when I installed Office 2016. Access and Excel seemed to be added to the start menu listings. But the rest of the programs did not show up. The shortcuts were actually present in...