Windows 10: Start Menu Windows Tools

Discus and support Start Menu Windows Tools in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am running Windows 11 Pro latest release with all updates installed. Windows Tools now incorporates all the items from Control Panel and the former... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MartinWalker5, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Start Menu Windows Tools

I am running Windows 11 Pro latest release with all updates installed. Windows Tools now incorporates all the items from Control Panel and the former start Manu folders Windows Accessories, Windows PowerShell, Windows System, and Windows Tools. My Start Menu still includes these folders, which contain shortcuts for all the items in the new Windows Tools Start Menu item in fact, I have two identical Windows Tools folders and two identical Windows System folders. I would like to get rid of these folders when I click on them, they open File Manager to the items in these folders. Every time I d

:)

MartinWalker5, Mar 25, 2023
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. topgundcp Win User
    How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

1. Run snipping tool ( If screen appears grayed out, press ESC, if not continue step 2.)
    2. Click to open the start menu
    3. Hold CTRL and press print Screen. Screen will appear grayed out, ready to capture.

NOTE: This will work with all popup menus ie. Windows Menu, Context menu etc...

topgundcp, Mar 25, 2023
  4. Start Menu Windows Tools

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

Start Menu Windows Tools

1. Start Menu Windows Tools - Similar Threads - Start Menu Tools

2. Start Menu Windows Tools

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Windows Tools: I am running Windows 11 Pro latest release with all updates installed. Windows Tools now incorporates all the items from Control Panel and the former start Manu folders Windows Accessories, Windows PowerShell, Windows System, and Windows Tools. My Start Menu still includes...
  3. Windows start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows start menu: The Windows start menu and search function on my pc is not working I downloaded classic shell 4_3_1 I want to get the old start menu works any help please. thanks new to this forum...
  4. Permission Denied For Some Windows Tools When Launching From Start Menu

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permission Denied For Some Windows Tools When Launching From Start Menu: Hello, I just did a factory reset on my PC and installed Windows 10 Home fresh from an installation USB. I just finished setting up all of my applications when I noticed that I cannot access some Windows tools like Disk Manager, Environmental Variables, Device Manager, etc....
  5. Registry Editor Missing from Administrative Tools in Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry Editor Missing from Administrative Tools in Start menu: Hi Guys, I hope I've come to the right place to share this mystery with. Basically, I just discovered that my Registry Editor is missing from the Administrative Tools in the Start menu as shown in the image below: [img] However, when I view Administrative Tools in File...
  6. where is the tools menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where is the tools menu: where is the tools menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-tools-menu/733851a6-ab2d-4fce-aa14-dd10f1fa4553
  7. Tools Menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tools Menu: This should be easy but I cannot locate the "tools" menu. I need to use it but I do not have explicit instructions to find it! I am new to Windows 10 and would appreciate directions. Thanks....
  8. I cant acces start menu tools.

in Windows 10 Support
    I cant acces start menu tools.: Yesterday i reintalled my windows 10,but when i got in desktop i couldn t acces anything,This PC,Control Pannel,nothing.Today i opened my PC and now they dont even appear.I type ,,This PC,, or ,,Control Panel,, in start menu and nothing shows up.I cand find anything on...
  9. Show Administrative Tools on Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Administrative Tools on Start Menu?: This is an option on the Windows 7 Start Menu. On Windows 8.x, I used Start8 to get the Administrative Tools menu. But since Windows 10 now has a native start menu, I'd rather not mess with third part start menus. Right now I go to Control Panel to get Administrative Tools....
  10. Start Menu and The Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and The Snipping Tool: How do I take a screenshot of the Start Menu with the Snipping Tool if as soon as I click Snipping Tool the Start Menu closes? 66130