Windows 10: Start Menu/Windows won't work

Discus and support Start Menu/Windows won't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The first thing whenever going to try out any newer version or other new OS is not to have anything on in first place not knowing if the new will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Varph, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Start Menu/Windows won't work

The first thing whenever going to try out any newer version or other new OS is not to have anything on in first place not knowing if the new will be buggy and need replacing even multiple installs in order to get working correctly. The average seems to suggest about 66% buggy to 33% smooth sailing at first.

Other problems as a result of being the brand new release are to be expected as time will gradually see the necessary updates patch things up. And that seems to be the average findings for 10 so far. With the better half's shaky upgrade from 8 to 8.1 not actually being any concern note since a clean fresh install of 77 still saw a Buggy upgrade to 10 out of the two desktops and laptop seeing 10 given the test the second desktop with light use only since built as a spare, remote, and test this or that on type of machine saw 10 go as smooth as silk!

The first desktop already had seen the two storage drives see boot files and temp installation folders end up in wrong places as well as leaving traces from the multiple fails behind immediately resulted in the need for a clean install that was actually put off during the first week with the second upgrade install used to repair the first. That wouldn't activate however at the time which was the first week 10 was out.

The second desktop saw the clean install go on before the upgrade to rule out the hype about being able to simpy take 10 around and toss it on anything without worry about the need to upgrade first. That was suspected as flawed thinking from the start and simply confirmed when the clean install wouldn' activate until the upgrade took place over the existing 7 Pro install. 10 couldn't connect by WiFi however since no 8.1 driver even was available for the usb adapter used to connect and sync with the router.

As for the icons being spread over the task bar that is determined by the grouping or not grouping or not combining icon when in the Taskbar and Start Menu Properites screen. You click on the taskbar buttons option to choose which option you want and then the apply button to put into effect for that.

Start Menu/Windows won't work [​IMG]

The default setting was apparently changed with the hoo blah of problems coming up on you explaining why that happened.

Night Hawk, Oct 18, 2015
  2. Varph Win User

Ok first off, that task bar thing was never changed and its the same as it always has been and should be.

Secondly I have a new symptom!
    Start Menu/Windows won't work [​IMG]

A random white box that I cant touch?

Varph, Oct 19, 2015
  3. Well if the 10 install came out buggy the bugs are now revealing themselves! I think you are going to end up seeing a clean install take place since something didn't go on right! I saw a similar problem with the laptop I upgraded resulting in a problem soon to be replaced however by the clean install I was expecting would be needed anyways!

The symptoms there resemble a bit too much "buggyness" as it could be called. More like "Buggy Mess"! While the settings may have been found to combine taskbar buttons for example that's not how 10 is acting there! And when I showed you what to look at and you found it the way it should be that only further sums things up. I know it's a royal pain but the unfortunate necessity at this point. The ghosting of a new popup window only goes to further illustrate the continual problems you will see until the fresh install of 10 is seen to in order to clean all that up!

Night Hawk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu/Windows won't work

1. Start Menu/Windows won't work - Similar Threads - Start Menu won't

2. Windows Start Menu Won't Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start Menu Won't Work: HelloI woke up today to find that my PC would not turn on properly after putting it to sleep last night. Held the button to shutdown and the PC booted up with Scanning C drive text, then finished booting. Found out my Start Menu wasn't working, so I restarted my PC again....
  3. Windows Start Menu Won't Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Start Menu Won't Work: HelloI woke up today to find that my PC would not turn on properly after putting it to sleep last night. Held the button to shutdown and the PC booted up with Scanning C drive text, then finished booting. Found out my Start Menu wasn't working, so I restarted my PC again....
  4. Windows Start Menu Won't Work

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows button works but won't open start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows button works but won't open start menu: Recently my windows key has stopped working. I know for a fact it is not disabled or broken as I can press the windows button and it closes the start menu but it just won't open the start menu. Also whenever I hit the windows key it makes the blue circle spin on my cursor. I...
  6. Windows button works but won't open start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows button works but won't open start menu: Recently my windows key has stopped working. I know for a fact it is not disabled or broken as I can press the windows button and it closes the start menu but it just won't open the start menu. Also whenever I hit the windows key it makes the blue circle spin on my cursor. I...
  7. Windows button works but won't open start menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. start menu search won't work

start menu search won't work: since a few days ago it's become that i can't use the search bar in the start menu and this has persisted despite using sfc /scannow and multiple reboots. this is very frustrating.if i type something into the search bar, a few little dots will scroll at the top and then...
  9. Windows start menu won't open

Windows start menu won't open: When I click on the start button nothing happens. How do I get into Windows 10? When I press the windows logo key nothing happens. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-menu-wont-open/b47a8366-1687-48f9-895e-bc1a6adc45c4
  10. Start menu won't work

Start menu won't work: Start menu won't work with left click but will open with right click. Started 2 days ago. Tried adding another user account but it won't let me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-wont-work/4e5e8bc5-351d-4d11-8841-80266ca35f11