Windows 10: Start menu wont auto close after clicking away

Discus and support Start menu wont auto close after clicking away in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a strange issue where my start menu will open just fine, but if i click away at something in the background, it will not auto close.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ubza_1234, Aug 6, 2020.

1. ubza_1234 Win User

Start menu wont auto close after clicking away

Hi there,

I have a strange issue where my start menu will open just fine, but if i click away at something in the background, it will not auto close. It also wont close if I load something by clicking on an app inside the start menu. The start menu wil sit on top of/overlay ontop of all apps, even if it's a game that loads into full screen. If I click the start button a second time, it will close. If i hit the windows key or ctrl+esc it will close. It is NOT SET TO TABLET MODE. It is just the standard, non-fullscreen start menu. I've done a virus scan with defender.

Any ideas?

Cheers!!

:)

ubza_1234, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Why can't I click inside Start Menu?

You may also follow these steps to resolve your concern:

• Right-click on Start menu.
    • From the options, select Command Prompt (Admin) by clicking it.
    • Type in Powershell and then press Enter.
    • Copy and paste this on the Powershell application
      Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}
      and press Enter.
    • Wait for the process to finish, close all of the open windows and check your Start menu if it's working properly.
    Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Aug 6, 2020
  4. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Start menu wont auto close after clicking away - Similar Threads - Start menu wont

2. [Windows 10] Start menu bar auto close randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [Windows 10] Start menu bar auto close randomly: My start menu just randomly close, so I can't hit Shutdown, Restart My record about the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu-bar-auto-close-randomly/2d2d9cde-77ba-45c9-9d67-f015b55976e8
  3. [Windows 10] Start menu bar auto close randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows 10] Start menu bar auto close randomly: My start menu just randomly close, so I can't hit Shutdown, Restart My record about the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu-bar-auto-close-randomly/2d2d9cde-77ba-45c9-9d67-f015b55976e8
  4. [Windows 10] Start menu bar auto close randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start menu not closing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu not closing: I clicked on the start menu and when I open my application the start menu will not turn off or close. I need to refresh my computer to make it gone. I restart the computer and issue persist. It is disturbing and kind of irritable when this whole start menu never close....
  6. Auto Fill wont go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Fill wont go away: How do i stop this? its driving me mad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-fill-wont-go-away/398a8bc2-5c74-472f-8e3e-41a081469a42
  7. Auto Fill wont go away

Auto Fill wont go away: How do i stop this? its driving me mad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-fill-wont-go-away/398a8bc2-5c74-472f-8e3e-41a081469a42
  8. Windows 10 start menu not auto closing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start menu not auto closing: I am running Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 I can open the search menu fine and select the program that I want to use. For this example I will use google chrome Once chrome is open however, the menu is still open. Clicking off the menu does nothing. In...
  9. Start Menu or Start Screen won’t close after clicking tile

Start Menu or Start Screen won’t close after clicking tile: Start Menu or Start Screen won’t close after clicking a tile of Windows 7 Games. I installed the Windows 7 Games on a Windows 10 machine. It works on the main (admin) account. It, however, has this glitch on a non-admin account, when opening one of the games on the Start...
  10. Start menu wont close when clicking certain apps/tiles - please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu wont close when clicking certain apps/tiles - please help: Hi all, As per the thread title I have an issue where when I click on certain apps/tiles from my start menu which in this case is Steam and uPlay the application loads but the start menu stays open *Mad I have to click off it to close it & its starting to get a bit...