Windows 10: Start menu wont close when clicking certain apps/tiles - please help

Discus and support Start menu wont close when clicking certain apps/tiles - please help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, As per the thread title I have an issue where when I click on certain apps/tiles from my start menu which in this case is Steam and uPlay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The Jimster, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Start menu wont close when clicking certain apps/tiles - please help

Hi all,

As per the thread title I have an issue where when I click on certain apps/tiles from my start menu which in this case is Steam and uPlay the application loads but the start menu stays open *Mad

I have to click off it to close it & its starting to get a bit annoying now, can anyone offer me some help on this one please?

:)

The Jimster, Oct 9, 2016

2. Having trouble with tiles in Windows 10

I have two problems with Start menu tiles on windows 10:

• I accidentally stacked an App tile, and I want to unstack it. The stacked tile remains on my desktop even when the Start menu is closed. How do I unstack the tile and (if it doesn"t automatically happen) make the tile stick to my menu and not my desktop?
    • Anumber of tiles won't move when I click-and-drag, What's the problem here?
    Many thanks.

RogerBlair1, Oct 9, 2016
  3. Problems with windows 10 Start Menu

Billion

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your response and your advice. I followed your instructions and got some results. I was able to retrieve all of my apps that went missing and would not come back when I clicked "Pin to Start" on those
    apps on the app list. They now did appear on the Start Menu when I Clicked "Pin to Start". I tried right clicking the Recycle icon on the desktop & File Explorer. The option to pin to start was there but clicking on it did not place it on the start menu.
    it was the same with "This PC" and "Control Panel". There was no error message or error code. The tiles for those three items just did not show up on the start menu when I clicked "Pin To Start". I was able to place them on the Start menu back a month ago
    when I upgraded to Windows 10, but not having any luck now. Hopefully you can help me with this problem.

Just some feedback on the ability to change the Text and Icons on the Start Menu Tiles. I like to put a lot of my favorite websites on my start menu(right now I have 12 on it). The website's official address in most cases is so long the actual name
    does not show up on the tile unless you hover over the tile. It would be very convenient to be able to change the text to fit the tile. Also the Microsoft edge icon is on all those tiles. It would also be very convenient to be able to put the appropriate icon
    on the tile so it would be able to identify the site visually. This would be even more helpful when you resize the tile to small and there is no text showing. Other situations that occur with the tiles is that certain apps do not show a icon and it would
    be helpful to create one to identify that app. Hopefully this feedback will lead to Microsoft considering bringing back this feature.

Thanks again for your help and support

Ray Matheson

RayMatheson, Oct 9, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Start menu wont close when clicking certain apps/tiles - please help

Try rolling back to a restore point before this happened. Also try a different mouse and keyboard.

bro67, Oct 9, 2016
  5. Just tried another mouse & quit my mouse software but still the same on those 2 applications *Sad

I had this once before but it was a one off, seems to be all the time now after the anniversary update.

The Jimster, Oct 9, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Doubtful that it has to do with the update. Could be just a Mouse and Keyboard driver issue. Any third party software like Classic Shell or Start 10 running to give you the older Windows 7 style desktop? Did you try rolling back to a previous System Restore point before this problem started.

bro67, Oct 9, 2016
  7. Not rolled back as I'm not totally sure when it started. I have a logitech k800 keyboard & G602 mouse. Like I say I've also quit the logitech software & tried it wiht a standard MS mouse.

From the applications I have tested & there has been quite a few only Steam & uPlay are giving me this issue, both off the start menu (A-Z list bit) & from my short cuts on the right hand pane of the start menu. Wondering if its a weird permission issue with that shortcut but cant see anything wrong & I have recreated them.

The Jimster, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Start menu wont close when clicking certain apps/tiles - please help

1. Start menu wont close when clicking certain apps/tiles - please help - Similar Threads - Start menu wont

2. game wont start up on certain users please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game wont start up on certain users please help: hi I am trying to play a game on my pc but for some reason it will not load. Its only the one game that will not work, when I attempt to start it up it closes immediately. I have done checks and the game files are all ok. This is the second time this has happened. If I create...
  3. game wont start up on certain users please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game wont start up on certain users please help: hi I am trying to play a game on my pc but for some reason it will not load. Its only the one game that will not work, when I attempt to start it up it closes immediately. I have done checks and the game files are all ok. This is the second time this has happened. If I create...
  4. Start menu wont auto close after clicking away

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu wont auto close after clicking away: Hi there, I have a strange issue where my start menu will open just fine, but if i click away at something in the background, it will not auto close. It also wont close if I load something by clicking on an app inside the start menu. The start menu wil sit on top of/overlay...
  5. Reveal effect is glitched when a tile or a menu item in the Start menu is clicked. Present...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reveal effect is glitched when a tile or a menu item in the Start menu is clicked. Present...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/S_IV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hunnx5/reveal_effect_is_glitched_when_a_tile_or_a_menu/
  6. Start Menu Closing by Itself, can't fix, PLEASE HELP!

Start Menu Closing by Itself, can't fix, PLEASE HELP!: Hello people, thanks for reading! First of all, I watched and did this video, I think that's what broke my Start Menu - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVy4GAtkh7Q It was a few days ago, I had no problems, but today after I restarted my PC, the start menu stopped working....
  7. Tiles/apps not displaying correctly when clicking start button

Tiles/apps not displaying correctly when clicking start button: I don't know what happened, but when I click on the start button my tiles or apps or whatever you call them now don't display like they are set to. Now I am given a "Life at a Glance", "Pinned Apps", or "All Apps" options. It is set to (and used to until last night) show my...
  8. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  9. Start Menu or Start Screen won’t close after clicking tile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu or Start Screen won’t close after clicking tile: Start Menu or Start Screen won’t close after clicking a tile of Windows 7 Games. I installed the Windows 7 Games on a Windows 10 machine. It works on the main (admin) account. It, however, has this glitch on a non-admin account, when opening one of the games on the Start...
  10. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379