Windows 10: Start Menu won't launch

Discus and support Start Menu won't launch in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've recently installed a fresh version of windows (was having PC issues) and all went well, apart from the fact I can no longer launch the start menu,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BarnabyKeogh, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Start Menu won't launch

I've recently installed a fresh version of windows (was having PC issues) and all went well, apart from the fact I can no longer launch the start menu, which renders my PC essentially useless. I'd really appreciate some help here fixing the issue, as it is pretty vital. I've done some research, and Powershell does not seem to work when I try and reinstall app packages.

Thanks!

Barnaby

:)

BarnabyKeogh, Aug 7, 2018
  2. tabuf Win User

N97 Bluetooth disappeared, won´t start again

Today without any reason the Bluetooth disappeared, and it won´t start anymore from the connections menu. Any clue where to start looking. Software V20, and no new update available.

tabuf, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Win10 start menu won`t open (SOLUTION)

To all people that suffer from same problems as I did:

-Win 10`s start menu won`t open after restart

-Win 10`s menu stops working after few days if your pc has been idle or just on.

-Win 10`s menu works after AC power down

-Win 10`s menu won`t work after restart unless you log out and relog through CTRL+ALT+DEL

It took me 7 hours to find cause of this problem, lots program reinstallations and browsing through internet.

Even Microsoft support didn`t provide the right answer for this problem, they just give you commands and advices to create new accounts, cleanup this, reinstall that, clean boot this, normal boot that. But what they don`t say is that all those problems are
    caused by their so called "feature" that released with their "Fall Creators Update". A feature that saves some data into the memory, so after restart it start`s to open all your chrome windows and other programs.

CAUSE:

Your windows might get some conflicts with some programms during the session, before the update if you shutdown/restart your pc, windows where just dumping all the data out of the window, after the update it started to save it to the memory (including all the
    conflicted data). THANK YOU MICROSOFT!

SOLUTION:

Go to your Search icon on the taskbar, type > Settings > Accounts > Sing-In options > Under "Privacy" uncheck/disable "Use my sing-in info to automatically setting up my device after an update or restart" > Restart

Hope it helps folks!

3DArtist

And ofcourse:

Microsoft, you`ve already forced us into updates with Win10.

Will you now please stop screwing up windows even more with your pointless system breaking features!

Stop reinventing the wheel.

3DArtist_007, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Start Menu won't launch

Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu won't launch

1. Start Menu won't launch - Similar Threads - Start Menu won't

2. Windows 11 upgrade - start won't launch, settings won't launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 upgrade - start won't launch, settings won't launch: Upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 one week ago. Found that I had sound issues. I tried to check settings but they would not launch. Then noticed the window start menu would not work. Tried to downgrade using a Windows system image made one year ago when the pc was purchased....
  3. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu will not launch: Hi,I need help. My start menu will not launch. I click on it and a wheel spins for a second then nothing, it fails to launch. I have also noticed that I can't open up a photo either. When I go to photos and double click on one to launch it it does not open. I need to launch...
  4. Start menu will not launch

Start menu will not launch: Hi,I need help. My start menu will not launch. I click on it and a wheel spins for a second then nothing, it fails to launch. I have also noticed that I can't open up a photo either. When I go to photos and double click on one to launch it it does not open. I need to launch...
  5. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Search launches with start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search launches with start menu: [ATTACH] After updating windows, every time I press the windows button, the search function also pops up. I tried killing it with the task manager but that doesn't fix it. Please help!...
  7. Games won't launch from Xbox App or Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games won't launch from Xbox App or Start Menu: When I click "Play" in the Xbox App nothing happens. If I try to launch two different games from the Start Menu it just opens this store page: [ATTACH] I've tried all the steps in the FAQ:...
  8. Start menu buttons wont launch

Start menu buttons wont launch: So today my computer stopped running the apps in the start menu. I have reset a few times and nothing helped. Are my drivers out of date or is there a new update i need. Also the HP support assist says i have an update to need to install but when i install it nothing happens...
  9. CU - Start Menu bugs out and won't launch searched apps

in Windows 10 Support
    CU - Start Menu bugs out and won't launch searched apps: So I've been getting this really weird behaviour from the Start menu search tool. If I type in something like Paint or AMD (To launch Paint or AMD's config tool) the icon appears in the list, but clicking it does nothing. Can't even right click launch them. Some apps like...
  10. Start Menu and Quick Launch

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and Quick Launch: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 today, however the start menu will not open, and only certain items work when I right click on the windows icon. Also, the quick launch icons on the task bar do not work, and won't even let me right click them. Any help would be MASSIVELY...