Windows 10: Start Menu won't open on Win 10

Discus and support Start Menu won't open on Win 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all, I am using Win 10 on a HP All in One desktop. I cannot open the Start menu on the left side of the screen. The icon is there but when I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JudiGT, Oct 8, 2021.

1. JudiGT Win User

Start Menu won't open on Win 10

Hi all, I am using Win 10 on a HP All in One desktop. I cannot open the Start menu on the left side of the screen. The icon is there but when I click on it there's a little flash that says " Start" & nothing happens. I can right click it & it shows a list of options including "shut down or sign out" this is where I have been shutting down the computer. How can I access the Start menu again please? TIA

:)

JudiGT, Oct 8, 2021

2. Win10 start menu won`t open (SOLUTION)

To all people that suffer from same problems as I did:

-Win 10`s start menu won`t open after restart

-Win 10`s menu stops working after few days if your pc has been idle or just on.

-Win 10`s menu works after AC power down

-Win 10`s menu won`t work after restart unless you log out and relog through CTRL+ALT+DEL

It took me 7 hours to find cause of this problem, lots program reinstallations and browsing through internet.

Even Microsoft support didn`t provide the right answer for this problem, they just give you commands and advices to create new accounts, cleanup this, reinstall that, clean boot this, normal boot that. But what they don`t say is that all those problems are
    caused by their so called "feature" that released with their "Fall Creators Update". A feature that saves some data into the memory, so after restart it start`s to open all your chrome windows and other programs.

CAUSE:

Your windows might get some conflicts with some programms during the session, before the update if you shutdown/restart your pc, windows where just dumping all the data out of the window, after the update it started to save it to the memory (including all the
    conflicted data). THANK YOU MICROSOFT!

SOLUTION:

Go to your Search icon on the taskbar, type > Settings > Accounts > Sing-In options > Under "Privacy" uncheck/disable "Use my sing-in info to automatically setting up my device after an update or restart" > Restart

Hope it helps folks!

3DArtist

And ofcourse:

Microsoft, you`ve already forced us into updates with Win10.

Will you now please stop screwing up windows even more with your pointless system breaking features!

Stop reinventing the wheel.

3DArtist_007, Oct 8, 2021
  3. Jeraldine Ase, Oct 8, 2021
  4. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Start Menu won't open on Win 10 [​IMG]

tamo, Oct 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Start Menu won't open on Win 10 - Similar Threads - Start Menu won't

2. Start Menu won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu won't open: As the title suggests, the Start Menu won't open for me. That's not the only problem. The taskbar has been faulty and it's been two days.Here are some things I can still do with it:- Open programs that are pinned in the task bar.- Open Task View- Show hidden icons- Change...
  3. Start Menu won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu won't open: As the title suggests, the Start Menu won't open for me. That's not the only problem. The taskbar has been faulty and it's been two days.Here are some things I can still do with it:- Open programs that are pinned in the task bar.- Open Task View- Show hidden icons- Change...
  4. Start Menu won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 - Start menu won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Start menu won't open.: Hello, i've been having a problem the past few hours. I use Opera GX, and it wouldn't open. I didn't give any importance to it yet, and i continued using my PC as usual. After some time, i got a bit irritated and wanted to restart the PC, only to see that the start menu,...
  6. Windows 10 - Start menu won't open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Start menu won't open.: Hello, i've been having a problem the past few hours. I use Opera GX, and it wouldn't open. I didn't give any importance to it yet, and i continued using my PC as usual. After some time, i got a bit irritated and wanted to restart the PC, only to see that the start menu,...
  7. Start Menu won't open on Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu won't open on Win 10: Hi all, I am using Win 10 on a HP All in One desktop. I cannot open the Start menu on the left side of the screen. The icon is there but when I click on it there's a little flash that says " Start" & nothing happens. I can right click it & it shows a list of options including...
  8. Start Menu won't open on Win 10

Start Menu won't open on Win 10: Hi all, I am using Win 10 on a HP All in One desktop. I cannot open the Start menu on the left side of the screen. The icon is there but when I click on it there's a little flash that says " Start" & nothing happens. I can right click it & it shows a list of options including...
  9. Start menu won't open

Start menu won't open: I tried everything including: sfc /scannow DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and some more but, sfc gives me an error: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. and DISM gives me...
  10. Start Menu won't open

Start Menu won't open: The start menu won't open on my computer. I checked the Windows System log and found: Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_10.0.19041.423_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!App as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error: "2147958016" Happened...