Windows 10: Start Menu Wont open

Discus and support Start Menu Wont open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My start menu will not open. some apps on the task bar also give error "Class Not Registered"Im also unable to open the task manager to possibly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdamVoigts, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Start Menu Wont open

My start menu will not open. some apps on the task bar also give error "Class Not Registered"Im also unable to open the task manager to possibly restart the process and when i try to open it its just blank with nothing in the window.... My chrome button on the task bar works and am able to be on the internet. but nothing elso works.

:)

AdamVoigts, Jun 11, 2021
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Start menu and settings both wont open.

Hello Robert,

As per the description of the issue, you are unable to open both Windows Settings and Start menu. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you perform troubleshooting. Here's an

article
    that you can go to. In here, you'll see solutions to resolve Start menu issues.

To resolve Windows Settings issue, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Open a command prompt windows.
    • Type sfc/scannow, and then hit Enter.
    • Once it's finished, restart the computer to check if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps above, kindly refer to this
    link
    for further troubleshooting.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Jun 11, 2021
  3. start menu wont open?

why wont the start menu open?

danderson400, Jun 11, 2021
  4. psd 017 Win User

Start Menu Wont open

Start menu wont open

Good day. I bought my laptop with win 10 installed. Today I tried to shutdown but could not open start menu as neither the win key nor start button was working. Any suggestions ,please.

psd 017, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Start Menu Wont open

1. Start Menu Wont open - Similar Threads - Start Menu Wont

2. Start Menu is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu is not opening: The start menu is not opening using the mouse by clicking on the windows logo in the taskbar nor the keyboard on my windows 11 system. I have restarted my laptop multiple times but the same issue occurs. Because of this, I am unable to access the search function also, neither...
  3. Settings/start menu wont open

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings/start menu wont open: Hey new guy here my settings/start/volume/notifications wont open and apps wont open I've tried rebooting my windows explorer and didn't do anything my calculator app won't open either. I've been having alot of trouble with my account because my settings won't sync because it...
  4. Settings/Start menu wont work or open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings/Start menu wont work or open: So recently my settings will not open even if I press the dedicated keys as well as the start menu. Anything on the task bar will not open but my right click somehow works? My notifications will not open either. Previous to this problem my admin account says that its...
  5. start menu on windows 10 wont start

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu on windows 10 wont start: start menu is not functioning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-on-windows-10-wont-start/608b0ad1-f64f-408a-8b04-492465794afa
  6. Start menu wont open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu wont open: Good day. I bought my laptop with win 10 installed. Today I tried to shutdown but could not open start menu as neither the win key nor start button was working. Any suggestions ,please. 47294
  7. Start Menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not opening: Trying to resolve this issue for a couple of days where the start menu doesn't open when its clicked on. I have seen other posts with this issue where its an issue with personalization settings under ms-settings. I am unable to open Ms-settings because I receive the error...
  8. Windows 10 start menu or search wont open

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu or search wont open: well even one build ago (im now on windows build 10051) after a while the start menu wont open and the new search also wont open. i cant even check id modern apps work because powershell is giving me a error. im running sfc /scannow atm so ill report back. 5300
  9. start menu wont open?

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu wont open?: why wont the start menu open? 18661
  10. Start Menu wont update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu wont update: I seem to be unable to add any more programs to the listings of my start menu. The issue arose when I installed Office 2016. Access and Excel seemed to be added to the start menu listings. But the rest of the programs did not show up. The shortcuts were actually present in...