Windows 10: Start menu won't work

Discus and support Start menu won't work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Start menu won't work with left click but will open with right click. Started 2 days ago. Tried adding another user account but it won't let me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisGustner, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Start menu won't work

Start menu won't work with left click but will open with right click. Started 2 days ago. Tried adding another user account but it won't let me.

:)

ChrisGustner, Jan 14, 2019
  2. tabuf Win User

N97 Bluetooth disappeared, won´t start again

Today without any reason the Bluetooth disappeared, and it won´t start anymore from the connections menu. Any clue where to start looking. Software V20, and no new update available.

tabuf, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Start menu won't work

Win10 start menu won`t open (SOLUTION)

To all people that suffer from same problems as I did:

-Win 10`s start menu won`t open after restart

-Win 10`s menu stops working after few days if your pc has been idle or just on.

-Win 10`s menu works after AC power down

-Win 10`s menu won`t work after restart unless you log out and relog through CTRL+ALT+DEL

It took me 7 hours to find cause of this problem, lots program reinstallations and browsing through internet.

Even Microsoft support didn`t provide the right answer for this problem, they just give you commands and advices to create new accounts, cleanup this, reinstall that, clean boot this, normal boot that. But what they don`t say is that all those problems are
    caused by their so called "feature" that released with their "Fall Creators Update". A feature that saves some data into the memory, so after restart it start`s to open all your chrome windows and other programs.

CAUSE:

Your windows might get some conflicts with some programms during the session, before the update if you shutdown/restart your pc, windows where just dumping all the data out of the window, after the update it started to save it to the memory (including all the
    conflicted data). THANK YOU MICROSOFT!

SOLUTION:

Go to your Search icon on the taskbar, type > Settings > Accounts > Sing-In options > Under "Privacy" uncheck/disable "Use my sing-in info to automatically setting up my device after an update or restart" > Restart

Hope it helps folks!

3DArtist

And ofcourse:

Microsoft, you`ve already forced us into updates with Win10.

Will you now please stop screwing up windows even more with your pointless system breaking features!

Stop reinventing the wheel.

3DArtist_007, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Start menu won't work

1. Start menu won't work - Similar Threads - Start menu won't

2. Windows Start Menu Won't Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start Menu Won't Work: HelloI woke up today to find that my PC would not turn on properly after putting it to sleep last night. Held the button to shutdown and the PC booted up with Scanning C drive text, then finished booting. Found out my Start Menu wasn't working, so I restarted my PC again....
  3. Windows Start Menu Won't Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Start Menu Won't Work: HelloI woke up today to find that my PC would not turn on properly after putting it to sleep last night. Held the button to shutdown and the PC booted up with Scanning C drive text, then finished booting. Found out my Start Menu wasn't working, so I restarted my PC again....
  4. Windows Start Menu Won't Work

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows button works but won't open start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows button works but won't open start menu: Recently my windows key has stopped working. I know for a fact it is not disabled or broken as I can press the windows button and it closes the start menu but it just won't open the start menu. Also whenever I hit the windows key it makes the blue circle spin on my cursor. I...
  6. Windows button works but won't open start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows button works but won't open start menu: Recently my windows key has stopped working. I know for a fact it is not disabled or broken as I can press the windows button and it closes the start menu but it just won't open the start menu. Also whenever I hit the windows key it makes the blue circle spin on my cursor. I...
  7. start menu search won't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu search won't work: since a few days ago it's become that i can't use the search bar in the start menu and this has persisted despite using sfc /scannow and multiple reboots. this is very frustrating.if i type something into the search bar, a few little dots will scroll at the top and then...
  8. cortana, start menu, and "modern" app won't work

in Windows 10 Support
    cortana, start menu, and "modern" app won't work: Microsoft edge doesn't even have an icon on the taskbar, basically all "modern" apps just don't work and nothing happens when I click the start menu or cortana. I attempted a powershell solution but got nothing but errors. What can I do? regestry fix? microsoft fixit? every...
  9. Start menu doesn't work and apps won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu doesn't work and apps won't open: hi all my start menu doesn't work. clicking on task bar items does not work. (wifi, notifications) opening apps doesn't work. WIN + I or trying to open update from Win + R doesn't work (message "the app didn't open") clicking the search doesn't work. Clicking the windows...
  10. Start Menu/Windows won't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu/Windows won't work: I've this weird issue with my Start bar, search bar and various Windows related things. Start Menu - It won't appear at all, can't left click it. Search Bar - Does nothing at all. Shortcuts - They function and I can rearrange them but I cannot right click them....